All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Doc on the stv 'news' tonight, probably be re-called in January, needs games at a decent standard.

Makes sense now, was a horrific injury.

Aye - bang on BSA. I didn't see Tyler's injury happen myself, but a few pals were at that St. Mirren game and they all said it was an absolute horror show. Seeing someone being stretchered off in agony wearing an oxygen mask isn't an event you'd wish on any player, irrespective of who he plays for. Not many Ton supporters are blinkered enough to think that he won't be straight back up the road in January, but I think that the current situation is of real benefit to both of our clubs. You roasters are especially fond of the Dougie Imrie 'soiled chinos' banter, but there's no denying the man's ability to take underperforming players and somehow motivate them to give of their very best - and that respect, I can't think of a better place for Tyler to be right now. We've had a terrible start to the seaon - leaking goals like a sieve, and a large majority of our support justifiably attribute that to the big hole where a quality RB should be. We have high hopes for your laddie.

Who would have thought it aye? Dees and 'The Morten' collaborating in a spirit of perfect fitba harmony? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've already reconciled myself to the fact that it's almost certainly only temporary, though 😐

So to Tyler, Dougie, Tony (and especially to BSA) - Thankyou.

EDIT = interview with the boy himself just here;

Edited by Chippyminton

9 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Aye - bang on BSA. I didn't see Tyler's injury happen myself, but a few pals were at that St. Mirren game and they all said it was an absolute horror show. Seeing someone being stretchered off in agony wearing an oxygen mask isn't an event you'd wish on any player, irrespective of who he plays for. Not many Ton supporters are blinkered enough to think that he won't be straight back up the road in January, but I think that the current situation is of real benefit to both of our clubs. You roasters are especially fond of the Dougie Imrie 'soiled chinos' banter, but there's no denying the man's ability to take underperforming players and somehow motivate them to give of their very best - and that respect, I can't think of a better place for Tyler to be right now. We've had a terrible start to the seaon - leaking goals like a sieve, and a large majority of our support justifiably attribute that to the big hole where a quality RB should be. We have high hopes for your laddie.

Who would have thought it aye? Dees and 'The Morten' collaborating in a spirit of perfect fitba harmony? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've already reconciled myself to the fact that it's almost certainly only temporary, though 😐

So to Tyler, Dougie, Tony (and especially to BSA) - Thankyou.

EDIT = interview with the boy himself just here;

Thank you.

All the best against the dirty dayglo's this weekend.

Decent first half. The (soft in my opinion) penalty changes everything and we were ripped to shreds at times in that second half.

Expected to get beat, deserved to get beat but irrelevant to our season in the grand scheme.

Got a good manager and decent enough squad to be confident for the rest of the season.

Bad result against the bigots - but onwards and upwards for Dees. Just checking in to report that Tyler French was outstanding in his first game for us against the dayglo's. What a difference a quality RB has made to our defence and overall shape. 1-1 away against the (former 😀) league leaders represented somewhat of a transformation for us, and the injection of subsequent confidence will, I'm sure, enable us to kick on. Just one game in - and we'll be sorry to see him go. Great player.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Here's a few questions just to see what people think:

Kwame or Bakayoko?

McMullan or Tiffoney?

McGhee at CH or Lamie?

Byrne or Boateng?

Cammy or McGhee at RB?

Bakayoko, but probably just. 

Tiffoney

Lamie

Boateng, far better on the ball, and more mobile. 

I think McGhee would have struggled far more today. I’d say Mulligan is probably better than both. I don’t mind if Docherty rotates in there tbh. A fit French can do what the aforementioned do so he should be able to tie down right back. 

3 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Bakayoko, but probably just. 

Tiffoney

Lamie

Boateng, far better on the ball, and more mobile. 

I think McGhee would have struggled far more today. I’d say Mulligan is probably better than both. I don’t mind if Docherty rotates in there tbh. A fit French can do what the aforementioned do so he should be able to tie down right back. 

I agree on French. I think McGhee is possibly my second favourite for CH behind Shaughnessy though and not knowing what Portales is like.

I think Kerr today was the right decision but going forward I'd prefer McGhee (or Mulligan if McGhee is central) at RB in general except for when we are up against an absolute speed merchant like Maeda.