21 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Here's a few questions just to see what people think:

Kwame or Bakayoko?

McMullan or Tiffoney?

McGhee at CH or Lamie?

Byrne or Boateng?

Cammy or McGhee at RB?

(1) Bakayoko

(2) Tiffoney - already better than McMullan and there still plenty more potential there.

(3) McGhee - although I think Lambie will improve as he settles in so I can’t really argue with TD choosing either player.

(4) Boateng - a faster player and covers more ground.  

(5) Cammy - until French returns.

1 minute ago, sophia said:

I thought I would share this news with those that take an interest in the matters and in doing so I would like to discourage overly emotional interjections outwith the confines of this thread.

Couldn't happen to a bigger cùnt.

You're still fucked if you've kept the fraud in charge though, seaside league awaits.

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

I thought I would share this news with those that take an interest in the matters and in doing so I would like to discourage overly emotional interjections outwith the confines of this thread.

Thanks for the update.  The bad news is Dodds will likely be employed by the BBC and I think he is an even worse pundit than he is a manager.

I’d like to think that Mulligan and Cameron are still going to get decent game time this season

Players like them that come through and excite from our own youth development are a crucial part of a club like Dundee 

I know number one is consolidation in the SPL, something we’ve excelled at failing to do over the years 

Hats off to Fin Robertson coming back after being overlooked last year but still a bit annoying these two being marginalised / overlooked 

On 16/09/2023 at 22:25, Ludo*1 said:

Here's a few questions just to see what people think:

Kwame or Bakayoko?

McMullan or Tiffoney?

McGhee at CH or Lamie?

Byrne or Boateng?

Cammy or McGhee at RB?

Bakayoko - Kwame was just lump it up and hit his head, Bakayoko has more technical ability. 

Tiffoney - Tiffoney is just a better player.

Lamie - Experience at this level in a mainstay club. A lot of Motherwell fans were unhappy to see him go.

Boateng - Younger, more potential.

Cammy/Mcghee - No real preference either way here. French would obviously be the choice for me. I have always thought Cammy does alright against the bigger clubs because of his energy. In my opinion RB is the best position for Mcghee.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Sorry. Citation required.

Maybe not on here but there has been plenty comments on social media to suggest they were wanting him back. Think there was a loan report article published by Motherwell. Might be a minority, may be a majority but the point still stands that he is a defender who has played at a level above the other in question consistently for a longer period of time. 

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cameron has a lot to do to be considered a starter.

A lot of Dundee fans take offence to the idea of this but it is spot on. I really, really like him but he needs to improve on his physicality and I don't think he's had many consistently good 90 minutes. Moments of magic etc but we still need more. 

The truth is that if Docherty went in to this season starting most of the players from last season we would be straight back down. We can't rely week in-week out on a 20 year old Cameron to produce for us at this level.

My team for Saturday:

Carson

Kerr Shaugnessy Lamie Beck

Boateng Mulligan

McCowan Cameron Tiffoney

Bakayoko

Time to bring in Cameron who really struggled the first two games and needs to show something (don't care if he scored in game one). Howley looks no better than Mulligan who i thought done really well in his brief spell at Celtic Park. Still think if he'd replaced Robinson late on in Perth we wouldn't have went on to gift the diddies a point. Kerr is atrocious but i don't like McGhee at RB - he was the cause for Perths first goal with his lack of closing the opposition down which is probably why he was dropped for Celtic. To be fair to Kerr he's not been at his worst against Hearts and Celtic.

Including Mulligan going forward, that's five who should be able to break at speed along with Beck on the left. Leaves us the option of Robinson (if fit) and Lewis off the bench late on if required.

Obviously wanting a win but it's a game we can't lose. Not been a game i've been despondent with so far this season which is unusual so hopefully that continues. 

Thank you. 

19 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

My team for Saturday:

Carson

Kerr Shaugnessy Lamie Beck

Boateng Mulligan

McCowan Cameron Tiffoney

Bakayoko

Time to bring in Cameron who really struggled the first two games and needs to show something (don't care if he scored in game one). Howley looks no better than Mulligan who i thought done really well in his brief spell at Celtic Park. Still think if he'd replaced Robinson late on in Perth we wouldn't have went on to gift the diddies a point. Kerr is atrocious but i don't like McGhee at RB - he was the cause for Perths first goal with his lack of closing the opposition down which is probably why he was dropped for Celtic. To be fair to Kerr he's not been at his worst against Hearts and Celtic.

Including Mulligan going forward, that's five who should be able to break at speed along with Beck on the left. Leaves us the option of Robinson (if fit) and Lewis off the bench late on if required.

Obviously wanting a win but it's a game we can't lose. Not been a game i've been despondent with so far this season which is unusual so hopefully that continues. 

Thank you. 

Attacking line up, that looks decent.

Chances galore with that side, would the chances be taken though?

That's been the main problem, so far. IMO.