All things Dundee FC

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

A backline of French, Portales, Shaughnessy, Donnelly & Beck is sexual on and off the pitch IMO.

If that group aren't hitting Tankulic numbers I'd be disappointed.

Tankulic numbers seems about right, they would have to go some to hit McCann numbers.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

A backline of French, Portales, Shaughnessy, Donnelly & Beck is sexual on and off the pitch IMO.

If that group aren't hitting Tankulic numbers I'd be disappointed.

as much as all of the team have been excellent so far this season i still think Mccowan has been a standout need to get this guy on a longer contract

The DABs will get promoted this season and whilst their stint in the seaside leagues didn't last as long as we all hoped they've lost millions over the past two seasons and have a team who will need decimated in the summer.

We need to be in a position to routinely beat them next year and not make an arse of it like we've done in recent times. With Docherty at the helm I'm as confident as i have been in ages that we're finally progressing both on and off the field.

It's not often I look forward to matches against the OF but we can challenge these morons on Wednesday without really depending on a result. Take 6/9 from this week against the Livi and we're laughing.

For me it'd be largely the same team as yesterday but I'd shove Tiffoney up top with Bakayoko to run off any knock downs and get behind the likes of Goldson.

Elsewhere Anderson being spoken of having a good game for ICT yesterday whilst French completed another 90 minutes for the Morten in a 1 - 0 win. Can't help but think Reilly would be helped by a short term loan somewhere to get upto speed.

Onwards & upwards. Away the Dee.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

51 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The DABs will get promoted this season and whilst their stint in the seaside leagues didn't last as long as we all hoped they've lost millions over the past two seasons and have a team who will need decimated in the summer.

We need to be in a position to routinely beat them next year and not make an arse of it like we've done in recent times. With Docherty at the helm I'm as confident as i have been in ages that we're finally progressing both on and off the field.

It's not often I look forward to matches against the OF but we can challenge these morons on Wednesday without really depending on a result. Take 6/9 from this week against the Livi and we're laughing.

For me it'd be largely the same team as yesterday but I'd shove Tiffoney up top with Bakayoko to run off any knock downs and get behind the likes of Goldson.

Elsewhere Anderson being spoken of having a good game for ICT yesterday whilst French completed another 90 minutes for the Morten in a 1 - 0 win. Can't help but think Reilly would be helped by a short term loan somewhere to get upto speed.

Onwards & upwards. Away the Dee.

Thank you.

Yip. Totally agree with all that except no McGhee at RB, although Cammy didn’t cover himself in glory the last time we faced these hunts. 

Since the games today guarantee that we will drop to either 5th or 6th, I’ll enjoy the league table as much as possible in the next few hours and ask:

When was the last time we were 4th after a meaningful number of games?

When was the last time we kept 3 top flight clean sheets in a row?

When was the last time we were undisputedly the top team in Tayside?

56 minutes ago, Girth said:

Doc seems to have found players that fit his system and is tactically astute when style needs to change. 

A huge change from McPake’s time in charge. 

The future looks bright. 

Thank you. 

I was worried about the lineup yesterday as I thought it was way too defensive.  But give Doch his due, he changed things up in the second half.

The way we are set up must be an absolute nightmare to play against because it will be so frustrating for the opposition.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

31 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Since the games today guarantee that we will drop to either 5th or 6th, I’ll enjoy the league table as much as possible in the next few hours and ask:

When was the last time we were 4th after a meaningful number of games?

When was the last time we kept 3 top flight clean sheets in a row?

When was the last time we were undisputedly the top team in Tayside?

Unless I’m seeing it wrong - Killie and Aberdeen draw and Hearts get their expected pumping and we remain 4th?

Who ever would of thought a manager with cajones dropping gutter like Kerr and Ashcroft (like I said for years) has seen the Dundee FC, the Derry Bois march to 4th so early in the season.

The best is yet to come.

For we won't be mastered.

42 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Who ever would of thought a manager with cajones dropping gutter like Kerr and Ashcroft (like I said for years) has seen the Dundee FC, the Derry Bois march to 4th so early in the season.

The best is yet to come.

For we won't be mastered.

I’m more impressed with Doc’s recruitment.   There definitely seems to be a considered approach with his recruitment.  Just about all the players he has brought in appear to have settled in quickly.  In years gone by I sometimes got the feeling that players were brought in just because they were available and Nelms was willing to make the money available.

Sounds to me it’s more a group of people doing the recruitment rather than just the manager with the manager having the final say. 

Whatever’s changed, it’s greatly improved our recruitment. 

We’ve got good options across the defence and midfield now if and when suspensions and injuries creep in. The standard will remain the same rather than the usual huge drop. 

Is it time to be trying to sign Boateng permanently?

Just now, Dee Bliss said:

Sounds to me it’s more a group of people doing the recruitment rather than just the manager with the manager having the final say. 

Whatever’s changed, it’s greatly improved our recruitment. 

We’ve got good options across the defence and midfield now if and when suspensions and injuries creep in. The standard will remain the same rather than the usual huge drop. 

Is it time to be trying to sign Boateng permanently?

Boateng will surely fancy his chances down south in the championship? Certainly on a financial level would make sense for him. I’d be delighted if we can keep him, he’s been a revelation IMO.

on another note, whilst we’re so positive, what a difference having every player in the team being comfy on the ball. Makes such a difference!

5 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Yeah his recruitment has been brilliant. Portales is some find in particular. He just oozes class. I wasn’t sure when I saw his debut but since coming back in against Hibs away he’s been class.  

He’s definitely better on the right of a back 3 than the left where he 1st come into the side. 

Good on the ball and the timing of his tackles. 

18 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Yeah his recruitment has been brilliant. Portales is some find in particular. He just oozes class. I wasn’t sure when I saw his debut but since coming back in against Hibs away he’s been class.  

Although the County game was an awful watch that was the biggest stand out for me, Portales looks so comfortable on the ball and times challenges so well.

When he signed I expected him to rack up a load of cards but he's so cool.