All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Why do we always have to have at least one complete donkey of a forward who gets far more game time than he should in reality?

I know Danny Mullen got a lot of stick on here, but everyone knew what Mullen was before we signed him, and to be honest I thought he performed more or less exactly as expected, not below even mediocre expectations. It's guys like Moussa, Rudden, Craig Curran etc, seems to be a theme with us.

I’m at a loss how Pineda isn’t getting picked over him. 

19 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Why do we always have to have at least one complete donkey of a forward who gets far more game time than he should in reality?

I know Danny Mullen got a lot of stick on here, but everyone knew what Mullen was before we signed him, and to be honest I thought he performed more or less exactly as expected, not below even mediocre expectations. It's guys like Moussa, Rudden, Craig Curran etc, seems to be a theme with us.

Not much between Mullen and Rudden imo. Both shite. 

You have to assume it'll be Bakayoko/Robinson soon enough since that seemed to be Docherty's preferred pair to begin with, so that will presumably mean Rudden being the first off the bench, and Pineda pushed even further down the pecking order. I don't really understand why you bring in a guy from another continent just to have him sit on the bench as your 4th choice striker. Surely a ton of domestic guys who could do that.

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

You have to assume it'll be Bakayoko/Robinson soon enough since that seemed to be Docherty's preferred pair to begin with, so that will presumably mean Rudden being the first off the bench, and Pineda pushed even further down the pecking order. I don't really understand why you bring in a guy from another continent just to have him sit on the bench as your 4th choice striker. Surely a ton of domestic guys who could do that.

Let's be honest, he was basically signed to help Portales settle better and acted as a translator for him in the initial period too with the hope that he'd be a decent enough back up.

Getting a striker at this level who will get you goals is clearly the hardest signing for a football manager to find. Ruddens effort is what gets him on the team sheet. There just simply isn’t any quality.

Said on the match thread I thought we would be 8th or above this season and back to back wins against Livi are exactly why I think that’ll be the case. If we had a striker like Hemmings in his prime we would be looking at comfortably top 6 in my opinion. 

Game wasn’t great today but we are built upon being solid as f**k first and I’m totally fine with that, a quality we have lacked before.

5 minutes ago, Milansgonnagetyou said:

We are a decent striker away from being a top 6 side imo

Possibly, but that's as much an indictment of how mediocre the entire divisions is outside of the arse cheeks and St.Mirren. Even the Edinburgh sides and Aberdeen all look a bit 'meh' and beatable.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Let's be honest, he was basically signed to help Portales settle better and acted as a translator for him in the initial period too with the hope that he'd be a decent enough back up.

That’s true Ludo but he has looked half decent in the glimpses we’ve seen. Why not give the guy a few more minutes? I feel sorry for him!

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Not much between Mullen and Rudden imo. Both shite. 

Mullen could at least score every now and then.

The only thing that Rudden offers really is pressure on defenders to force them into quicker passing in the hope of them to make errors, and he can do that all game, he never slows down with this. Like flapping about with a pesky fly. He probably drains a bit of energy from the defence doing his work, however offers very little when it comes to goal scoring or creating opportunities.

I think Rudden had a better 2nd half , he was fast enough to win the freekick for the goal

Ideally Robinson finds his form and becomes the main striker . Hoping Doc gives him a run in his actual position

Every team in the bottom 6 fight will be saying same as us about finding a striker. They are rare these days 

3 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Still recall being lifted over the turnstiles as a youngster, up these very stairs, then clapping eyes upon the largest billiard table ever in the 1970's.

Happy days.

derrysteps.thumb.jpg.11e1a325f79d7c9eb0889a153f7cba32.jpg 

Be 'bunny hopping' over a load of crap and debris now, sad to see what that end has become.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Be 'bunny hopping' over a load of crap and debris now, sad to see what that end has become.

Thank you.

Yeah shame that, they chose the wrong end to close down.

Classic entrance to Dens Park that is, merely in my 58 year old humble opinion.

Regards as always.12thmanimage.jpg.5ce8827a4f367c94258d66268b269cee.jpg

3 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Still recall being lifted over the turnstiles as a youngster, up these very stairs, then clapping eyes upon the largest billiard table ever in the 1970's.

Happy days.

derrysteps.thumb.jpg.11e1a325f79d7c9eb0889a153f7cba32.jpg 

Bet that was ten reps then a fag break, repeat three times, then a bottle of Guinness.