All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, locheedee said:

So the 'IRP' have reviewed all the VAR decisions so far this season and there's only been 3 ruled as incorrect - two of them, Mulligans red and Bakayoko's goal at Livi were made against us...

Reading the BBC article, I forgot that we appealed the decision and the appeal  wasn’t upheld. So, how does this panel come to a different decision then??? Thy are basically saying that, not only did the referee get it wrong, the appeal board did too…

5 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Reading the BBC article, I forgot that we appealed the decision and the appeal  wasn’t upheld. So, how does this panel come to a different decision then??? Thy are basically saying that, not only did the referee get it wrong, the appeal board did too…

I think the issue is that the appeal board can generally only overturn the decision if the referee admits they missed it or there was other information they didn’t have. So they couldn’t change the decision when the referee was happy with it.  That certainly used to be the case anyway.  It’s idiotic but when is the SFA not?

I guess as blatantly wrong as it was., it was a difference of opinion (excessive force etc) rather than black and white (offside).

Edited by stu2910

Stick with the same team who pumped the Paisley morons. 

A fully fit squad to choose from - getting to the last twenty minutes i wouldn't want to see the running of Mulligan and Tiffoney appearing if i was a HIbee defender. Add Robinson into that aswell and the game may be won there; at least that's what i'm hoping. 

There's not been too many bumps in the road of late, so if it comes the main thing is the perfomance doesn't retract. We'll be just fine this season if we play to our capabilities over the course of the season. 

As a side note, it's the Scottish cup draw this weekend i believe. I wouldn't mind a trip to someone like Clyde away. Something different anyway is the order from me. 

Mon the Dee. 

Thank you. 

57 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Stick with the same team who pumped the Paisley morons. 

A fully fit squad to choose from - getting to the last twenty minutes i wouldn't want to see the running of Mulligan and Tiffoney appearing if i was a HIbee defender. Add Robinson into that aswell and the game may be won there; at least that's what i'm hoping. 

There's not been too many bumps in the road of late, so if it comes the main thing is the perfomance doesn't retract. We'll be just fine this season if we play to our capabilities over the course of the season. 

As a side note, it's the Scottish cup draw this weekend i believe. I wouldn't mind a trip to someone like Clyde away. Something different anyway is the order from me. 

Mon the Dee. 

Thank you. 

Let's face it, it will be Celtic away as per.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

We need a right back in the worst way. Another game where in our standard setup every single phase of play is down the left through Beck and McCowan. Opponent could play in one side of the pitch entirely and it wouldn't cost them.

I'd prefer a striker tbqh.

The chances we keep missing are a joke.

Time to ditch the two up top?

5 2 3 with Reilly and Tiffoney at the side of the lone striker? Both of them caused havoc the last ten minutes.

Rudden and Bakayoko gave us nothing in the first half and the whole game really. Not too disappointed overall however,  a few mistakes was the difference today. Our sloppy, dreadful passing in the first half has to stop though.

Subs should've been on much earlier which everyone around me was also saying. I think it's telling we have to improve when Rudden is getting the full 90 in such a game. Is Pineda that bad?

Dust ourselves down and bring on the Well next week.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'd prefer a striker tbqh.

The chances we keep missing are a joke.

I disagree. We didn't miss any sitters today and our strikers were barely involved. A competent right back near the level of Beck going forward would improve our team immeasurably more than another striker.

Edited by RawB93

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Time to ditch the two up top?

5 2 3 with Reilly and Tiffoney at the side of the lone striker? Both of them caused havoc the last ten minutes.

Rudden and Bakayoko gave us nothing in the first half and the whole game really. Not too disappointed overall however,  a few mistakes was the difference today. Our sloppy, dreadful passing in the first half has to stop though.

Subs should've been on much earlier which everyone around me was also saying. I think it's telling we have to improve when Rudden is getting the full 90 in such a game. Is Pineda that bad?

Dust ourselves down and bring on the Well next week.

Thank you.

Good assesment, no complaints about the result, decent ref for a change. Had a laugh in the 2nd half, guy behind had clearly had enough of the terrible 1st touch when he screamed 'f**k OFF RUDDEN'.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

I thought Bak should have done better with the chance just before Hibs scored.  He didn’t even hit the target.  Also the corner in the second half where he ran to the penalty spot and shot along the ground.  I thought that was quite a weak shot.

Having said that, I think he is improving and I can see why he’s starting each week.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I thought Bak should have done better with the chance just before Hibs scored.  He didn’t even hit the target.  Also the corner in the second half where he ran to the penalty spot and shot along the ground.  I thought that was quite a weak shot.

Having said that, I think he is improving and I can see why he’s starting each week.

Harsh to criticise Beck I think! Subs defo should have been quicker, bring on all 3 at once rather than dribs and drabs. Need to see it again but 2 bad defensive mistakes cost us today, they had more of the play first half but we had 2/3 great chances. 
Rudden was Rudden but he did have 2 great touches together in the first half. 
Re-reading your post - sorry mistook Bak for Beck, so I agree with you!!

Edited by Fifespud
Made an arse

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Harsh to criticise Beck I think! Subs defo should have been quicker, bring on all 3 at once rather than dribs and drabs. Need to see it again but 2 bad defensive mistakes cost us today, they had more of the play first half but we had 2/3 great chances. 
Rudden was Rudden but he did have 2 great touches together in the first half. 

I wasn’t criticising Beck.  It was Bakayoko I was giving a bit of light criticism to. According to the BBC we had 19 shots to Hibs 10.  With 7 shots on target to Hibs 3.  That’s plenty of chances being created.

Beck was outstanding today, pretty much as always.

Edited by Shadow Play

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

I wasn’t criticising Beck.  It was Bakayoko I was giving a bit of criticism too. According to the BBC we had 19 shots to Hibs 10.  With 7 shots on target to Hibs 3.  That’s plenty of chances being created.

Beck was outstanding today, pretty much as always.

I edited my post when I realised my mistake and apologised as I do again. Sorry SP. 

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I edited my post when I realised my mistake and apologised as I do again. Sorry SP. 

No worries Fifespud.  My fault for being lazy and only typing Bak instead of Bakayoko.  

TBF if I was criticising Beck I think you would have been well in your right to give me absolute pelters!

Just seen Bakayoko's chance off the free kick and to be fair to him it's heading straight for the bottom corner and hits off Lamie. 

By the way some of Lamies passing in the first half was atrocious. He's been okay since signing so i'm not trying to say he needs dropped but deary me; at least 5 occassions he gave it away needlessly. 

This team deserves some patience and in lots of positions we have young lads who will get better as the season goes on. Certainly in a much brighter place than years gone by.

Tough run in until the winter break now but the points we've got should see us sitting okay no matter what comes. 

In other news it's quite incredible the world beaters across the road have managed to be dumped out two cups in a matter of days to Falkirk and QoS. I really look forward to playing them next year with another two windows of improvements ahead. 

Keep the Faith over the tough month ahead as the end goal is us celebrating infront of a tear filled hooley at the fruitbowl come season 24/25. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Just seen Bakayoko's chance off the free kick and to be fair to him it's heading straight for the bottom corner and hits off Lamie. 

By the way some of Lamies passing in the first half was atrocious. He's been okay since signing so i'm not trying to say he needs dropped but deary me; at least 5 occassions he gave it away needlessly. 

This team deserves some patience and in lots of positions we have young lads who will get better as the season goes on. Certainly in a much brighter place than years gone by.

Tough run in until the winter break now but the points we've got should see us sitting okay no matter what comes. 

In other news it's quite incredible the world beaters across the road have managed to be dumped out two cups in a matter of days to Falkirk and QoS. I really look forward to playing them next year with another two windows of improvements ahead. 

Keep the Faith over the tough month ahead as the end goal is us celebrating infront of a tear filled hooley at the fruitbowl come season 24/25. 

Thank you. 

Yeah, agree Lamie had a bad day. 

Would really like to see Pineda get a chance, like everyone else. 

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you. 

Think you will be disappointed here, can see a monumental arse collapse fast approaching for the fruits, with Capt Birdseye at the helm.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Think you will be disappointed here, can see a monumental arse collapse fast approaching for the fruits, with Capt Birdseye at the helm.

Thank you.

Greenie for the captain birdseye reference. Jim “Darvel” Goodwin proving again he’s incapable of Scottish Cup progress. 

Thank you.