All things Dundee FC

26 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Hadn't noticed this until now but big, big fan of Mulligan sliding directly into the onrushing fans :lol: 

giphy.gif

Think that's actually Donnely is it not Number 25? Good to see a loan player sliding directly into onrushing fans 😆

30 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Alright, so I want to have a chat here about Shaun Byrne do you think you guys will call him back in January or not? Because I’ve seen on some socials that at least 5 will be a head of him if he was to be recalled and is he defo out of contract end of the season? 

I don't think we will unless there is some catastrophic injury list between now and then. If anything, I have a sneaky suspicion that we will be looking to add to our midfield anyway. 

He'll be out of contract and wants to stay within this area. My guess is that if you want him, you've got him. It might even be the case that we do some sort of termination in January to free up wages.

Edited by Pens_Dark

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Alright, so I want to have a chat here about Shaun Byrne do you think you guys will call him back in January or not? Because I’ve seen on some socials that at least 5 will be a head of him if he was to be recalled and is he defo out of contract end of the season? 

Youd be better waiting to see if you get promoted or not before committing to sign him...

54 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I don't think we will unless there is some catastrophic injury list between now and then. If anything, I have a sneaky suspicion that we will be looking to add to our midfield anyway. 

He'll be out of contract and wants to stay within this area. My guess is that if you want him, you've got him. It might even be the case that we do some sort of termination in January to free up wages.

According to a few from our side who knows him personally being a fife lad he’s happy to stay and even for a permanent deal but he has to wait and see what you do either let him stay or you call him back have a look at him then decide…. But imo I think something may already be done (have no inside knowledge) it’s just a hunch 

3 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Great to see you doing so well, and glad we've played a small part in it also.

You can win that league no probs. Believe.

All the best.

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Great to see you doing so well, and glad we've played a small part in it also.

You can win that league no probs. Believe.

All the best.

Thank you.

If you don’t mind giving us Reilly and Tiffoney on loan till the end of the season that’ll be grand as well thanks 🤣

18 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

As others have said, it's unlikely, but also worth noting that his only clear replacement in our team right now is Boateng who is also on loan, so if he was recalled for some reason then who knows.  Even without him though, we currently have Sylla, Cameron, Mulligan, Howley (loan), McCowan and McGhee all playing or capable of playing in our midfield 3, so it doesn't seem worth recalling him really.

Well if it is the case that we are looking to strengthen I think the main area's of focus are RWB and another striker to partner Bakayoko. Maybe another midfielder but I'm not so sure on that.

We go in to a January transfer window for once not needing to sign a whole bunch of players. Just very selective and there to help/challenge what we have rather than replace entirely. 

Our only worry, as that article says, is what happens if players are recalled. I can't see why Beck or Boateng would be, they are best staying where they are and continuing to get minutes - but what if Bakayoko gets recalled?

Edited by Pens_Dark

9 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Our only worry, as that article says, is what happens if players are recalled. I can't see why Beck or Boateng would be, they are best staying where they are and continuing to get minutes - but what is Bakayoko gets recalled?

Fair comment above regarding Bakayoko. I see Forest Green Rovers have just appointed Troy Deeney as head coach/manager and I'd imagine he'll want to assess what he has available.

There again, he may want to clear the decks to create space for his own signings. One thing for sure, 'The Doc' will have it all in hand I reckon. 

34 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Fair comment above regarding Bakayoko. I see Forest Green Rovers have just appointed Troy Deeney as head coach/manager and I'd imagine he'll want to assess what he has available.

There again, he may want to clear the decks to create space for his own signings. One thing for sure, 'The Doc' will have it all in hand I reckon. 

I do remember Docherty suggesting they would try to make it permanent. He obviously got put out on loan as they previously had no intention of keeping him but if they look at his form currently with us they might think they need him. They are 2nd bottom of League 2 after all so need all the help they can get. 

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

There again, he may want to clear the decks to create space for his own signings. 

Deene will clear the decks for Deeney. He's going to play himself, make himself captain. Take corner, free kicks, corners penalties and throw ins.

And rightly so, he's far too good for that level.