All things Dundee FC

Just now, Dee Bliss said:

He clearly wasn’t guessing. That comment was clearly because he was getting p’d off with the comments. He’s now saying it’ll be his last.  

Well, that's him that's being passive aggressive more than anything else then as I took him at his word when he said it. 

Pissed off with what comments? People having an opinion on a player? 

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

In fairness, as someone who occasionally dips into TDBF that particular poster seems to get wildly bent out of shape very easily. Very weird pass agg posting style.

I had a laugh at their wee huff earlier in saying they wouldn't be posting any more info after this.

A decent poster to be fair but stubborn as hell. I do enjoy his input regardless of the scoops.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

In fairness, as someone who occasionally dips into TDBF that particular poster seems to get wildly bent out of shape very easily. Very weird pass agg posting style.

I had a laugh at their wee huff earlier in saying they wouldn't be posting any more info after this.

He’s the one very good source of signing info on our club. Not much gets out nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

He clearly wasn’t guessing. That comment was clearly because he was getting p’d off with the comments. He’s now saying it’ll be his last.  

I certainly wouldn’t be apologising to someone who thinks that supporters’ opinions on a footballer should be automatically discounted if any football manager disagrees.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, that's him that's being passive aggressive more than anything else then as I took him at his word when he said it. 

Pissed off with what comments? People having an opinion on a player? 

What’s his strengths and weaknesses because I’ve only saw him the once in a game we pretty much dominated from start to finish. 

Hope it works out. 

What’s his strengths and weaknesses because I’ve only saw him the once in a game we pretty much dominated from start to finish. 

Hope it works out. 

I firmly hope he shuts my pus, naturally! A goal tomorrow would be epic. As for strengths and weaknesses, well his main strength is his adaptability. He's played wing back, winger and striker for St Johnstone this season.

He had the horror show of all horror shows against us. Not witnessed as bad a performance from someone since Raith had that Mendy lad.

I suppose it can be viewed as a positive that he's extremely confident in himself with Charlie Adam stating he pretty much needed to force him up to St Johnstone as he thought the level of Scottish football was too low for him.

I reckon he'll be a wing back for us but could also see him being deployed just off Bakayoko since Docherty clearly views that as a problematic area since he resorted to having Tiffoney there against Kilmarnock.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I firmly hope he shuts my pus, naturally! A goal tomorrow would be epic. As for strengths and weaknesses, well his main strength is his adaptability. He's played wing back, winger and striker for St Johnstone this season.

He had the horror show of all horror shows against us. Not witnessed as bad a performance from someone since Raith had that Mendy lad.

I suppose it can be viewed as a positive that he's extremely confident in himself with Charlie Adam stating he pretty much needed to force him up to St Johnstone as he thought the level of Scottish football was too low for him.

I reckon he'll be a wing back for us but could also see him being deployed just off Bakayoko since Docherty clearly views that as a problematic area since he resorted to having Tiffoney there against Kilmarnock.

Is his thing not that he’s very fast? Pace is pretty important in the game now. I was away and missed the SJ game so I’ve never seen him. Must have been pretty horrible start at the Perth for players this season, particularly loanees. He starts with a clean slate in my eyes. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You know fuckall about him and either does the other wetwipe Perth Saintees in here.

Dochertys worked with youngsters such as James Maddison at Aberdeen and has a track record of bringing them through.

Shut your pus and let the football do the talking. Quite sick of seeing Boredoms pie charts and Ludos negativity every transfer window in all honesty. Wasn't long ago Ludo was berating Bowyer leaving and whipping up as much anger as he could across all Dundee platforms.

Costelleo has much more of a chance to progress with this manager than MacLean who was clearly a moron. Being around players of a better calibre should help aswell.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Doesn’t really say whether he’s got decent pace, decent on the ball, decent in the air, gets about the park etc. after some of the dross we’ve come up against over the years he can’t be the 2nd worst can he? If so holy f**k what is Docherty thinking and let’s hope you’re wrong. 

Only the keeper and Philips in midfield (think that’s his name) looked decent for St Johnstone that day. Granted it was the worst performance by a team against us in the league I’ve saw this season by a distance. They were very poor that day and we should’ve been well and truly out of sight by the time of the late collapse. 

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Since we don't play with wingers I think the two main options for him are trying him as the secondary striker like we did with Tiffoney against Kilmarnock and have him play just off the striker.

Alternatively, we've pushed McGhee to CH due to injuries perhaps Docherty has noticed this is his best position so will utilise him as one of our wing backs since we've lost Beck as well.

RWB is his position, I think.

Hes kind of like O'Halloran in that if you play him up front you'll just get 90 minutes of trying to beat the offside trap, but not having the brain power to manage it (NAP he scores that way tomorrow).

RWB makes it simple for him on the ball (get ball, run with ball, cross ball), but he can't defend so thats a risk you take.

Levein played a 16yo central midfielder there instead of Costelloe though, after a few weeks, as he thought he was better than Costelloe in attack. So take from that whatever you want.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

RWB is his position, I think.

Hes kind of like O'Halloran in that if you play him up front you'll just get 90 minutes of trying to beat the offside trap, but not having the brain power to manage it (NAP he scores that way tomorrow).

RWB makes it simple for him on the ball (get ball, run with ball, cross ball), but he can't defend so thats a risk you take.

Levein played a 16yo central midfielder there instead of Costelloe though, after a few weeks, as he thought he was better than Costelloe in attack. So take from that whatever you want.

Levein’s thing is usually how they’re defensively. So he’s not a left wing back then?

Levein’s thing is usually how they’re defensively. So he’s not a left wing back then?

Is it? Hes been pretty attacking with us, and we take a huge amount of risk on the ball trying to "play football" through midfield rather than hoof it. 

He played LWB for us once I think, but I wouldn't say you do it often as he has no idea where hes meant to be.

Hes very much a blank canvas. Its as if nobody has ever told him what position he plays so he just shunted about everywhere and has no idea what to do anywhere. He just needs told "this is your position, work on it" by someone to stop him wasting time.

13 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

You know fuckall about him and either does the other wetwipe Perth Saintees in here.

Dochertys worked with youngsters such as James Maddison at Aberdeen and has a track record of bringing them through.

Shut your pus and let the football do the talking. Quite sick of seeing Boredoms pie charts and Ludos negativity every transfer window in all honesty. Wasn't long ago Ludo was berating Bowyer leaving and whipping up as much anger as he could across all Dundee platforms.

Costelleo has much more of a chance to progress with this manager than MacLean who was clearly a moron. Being around players of a better calibre should help aswell.

Thank you.

Respectfully, you’re clearly off your rocker.

Edited by The Real Saints

8 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Doesn’t really say whether he’s got decent pace, decent on the ball, decent in the air, gets about the park etc. after some of the dross we’ve come up against over the years he can’t be the 2nd worst can he? If so holy f**k what is Docherty thinking and let’s hope you’re wrong. 

Only the keeper and Philips in midfield (think that’s his name) looked decent for St Johnstone that day. Granted it was the worst performance by a team against us in the league I’ve saw this season by a distance. They were very poor that day and we should’ve been well and truly out of sight by the time of the late collapse. 

He's very fast, not got a great touch, but quite direct. I suppose he's mouldable and Burnley obviously weren't happy with his development at St Johnstone as they've took him away the first chance they got and sent him our way.

I don't think he's ever been as bad as he was that day against us since but certainly hasn't got St J fans gutted he's left! 

I'm talking myself more into this signing as the minutes go by. The joys of being a Dee fan! :lol:

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Respectfully, you’re clearly off your rocker.

f**k me, I'm delighted I've got him on ignore. Time and time again he brings me up despite knowing he's on ignore. Live rent free in his head. Surprised people take him seriously at all on here.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is it? Hes been pretty attacking with us, and we take a huge amount of risk on the ball trying to "play football" through midfield rather than hoof it. 

He played LWB for us once I think, but I wouldn't say you do it often as he has no idea where hes meant to be.

Hes very much a blank canvas. Its as if nobody has ever told him what position he plays so he just shunted about everywhere and has no idea what to do anywhere. He just needs told "this is your position, work on it" by someone to stop him wasting time.

He must have idea on how to play somewhere. How can somehow who doesn’t have a clue where to play manage to become a professional player and still under a full time contract into his 20’s?

Boy’s been very, very lucky by the sound of it. 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

f**k me, I'm delighted I've got him on ignore. Time and time again he brings me up despite knowing he's on ignore. Live rent free in his head. Surprised people take him seriously at all on here.

Looks like that ignore buttons working out well for you.

Thank you.