All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I see that arab Cunto Spence is having a pop at the Dens pitch in the Courier today. He really is a wee shitepoke. 

I love when he does these peices trying to worm his way back in at them and ends up getting more abuse from United fans than Dundee.

Snake bastirt who well and truly got caged.

Edited by Derry Alli

15 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

God this picture makes it look worse

image.jpg

I think your mum secretly hates you. It's the only logical explanation for her buying you that. 

I mean, who fucking wears Trespass these days...

With no football for a few weeks I still feel like spouting some pish about the Dees:

With the shoe in player of the year Owen Beck gone which cunto can now step up and take the prize.

Front runner is McCowan at 8/11 who has been a match winner for us. I've been calling for him in a 10/Central role for a while as he clearly had vision above the norm. Didn't quite have the pace for the wing which a competent manager finally seen. Just needs to step up against better opposition IMO.

Shagger Shaughnessy at 2/1 has shored up our defence and been a huge improvement on total horseshit like Sweeney, Gomis, Ibsen Rossi, Ryan McGowan and Fontaine to name a few over the years.

Boateng at 14/1 has had a competent half season but would need to add goals/assists to pip on of the other two.

If you're looking for major odds then Bakayoko to have a goal filled second half of the season to build on a relatively okay start is a 33/1 punt.

Carson to wipe away a shaky month or two and build on his good start with an Oliver Khan inspired 2024 50/1.

Cant think of any others and fair play to McCowan after being Mr inconsistent for too many seasons.  He may well get a move for some dough in the summer if he keeps his form up.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Must be disappointing g news for Beck to not be able to, personally, make his Liverpool debut.

Puts a spanner in the works of Dunfee getting him back too with clubs higher up the food chain (but infinitely less sexy or shaggable than the Derry) looking on. I wonder if the club will hold off on targets until Beck fully plays out.

I'll take £50 on Shaughnessy please, @Dundee-FC92.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I hope one of the other clubs wins the race. Not for me.

I've never rated him either but probably do a better target man job than Bakayoko tbf.

Excellent article by Alan Pattullo on Dens Park here. I share a lot of his thoughts and feelings. As much as the new stadium is exciting, a lot of my love and memories are at Dens and I'll be desperately sad to see it go.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/dundees-dens-park-departure-is-looming-large-and-im-not-sure-how-to-deal-with-this-disorientation-4468853

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've never rated him either but probably do a better target man job than Bakayoko tbf.

Just like for like imo.

I know it's what every club all over is after, but we need a poacher, a proper goal scorer. We are too reliant on hold up forwards, laying it off for the midfield, it's too one dimensional. I wouldn't mind giving Reilly a chance in the striker position, he has scored plenty in the lower leagues, and what I've seen of him so far, he's quick and likes to take folk on driving forward.

Also dunno if it’s been mentioned but kudos to sky for putting on a game not involving any of the firms, 27 February st mirren - county

will either be a 0-0 shitfest or one of them. Is gonna have a worldie

add to the fact they got both teams names correct aswell as badges…so there’s that

Good that Liverpool won today.Next round of FA Cup is a few days before transfer window shuts which should increase the chances of Beck getting some minutes on the pitch,meaning he can only play for Dundee or Liverpool for the remainder of the season.Maidstone United at Anfield please.

For those of a certain age, myself included, who attended Dens Park in the late 70's through to the 80's, please can we remember Ian Redford who so sadly died 10 years back on the 10th January 2014, aged only 53.

Ian was, for any Dee who had the good fortune to see him in Dark Blue a tremendous footballing talent, who at the age of 19 broke the Scottish Football record transfer fee with a £210,000 move to Old Glasgow Rangers. Disappointingly for him as it actually transpired, as he had wished for a move to Spurs, to follow in the footsteps of previous Dundee greats Alan Gilzean and John Duncan in years before him.

Interested to hear the thoughts of similarly aged Dark Blues, however I'm still of the opinion we would have achieved something truly memorable in the mid to late 80's if we'd re-recruited both Ian Redford and Iain Ferguson again at Dens Park.

Thoughts are with Ian's family at this time, a fantastic footballer. 

Ian-Redford1.thumb.jpg.d61f61bfafd122e0a1d26efbf5b6f7b3.jpg  

Ian-Redford-3009269.thumb.jpg.49b1026edbef78d28e89cf37ec422869.jpg

On 06/01/2024 at 13:42, Dundee-FC92 said:

With no football for a few weeks I still feel like spouting some pish about the Dees:

With the shoe in player of the year Owen Beck gone which cunto can now step up and take the prize.

Front runner is McCowan at 8/11 who has been a match winner for us. I've been calling for him in a 10/Central role for a while as he clearly had vision above the norm. Didn't quite have the pace for the wing which a competent manager finally seen. Just needs to step up against better opposition IMO.

Shagger Shaughnessy at 2/1 has shored up our defence and been a huge improvement on total horseshit like Sweeney, Gomis, Ibsen Rossi, Ryan McGowan and Fontaine to name a few over the years.

Boateng at 14/1 has had a competent half season but would need to add goals/assists to pip on of the other two.

If you're looking for major odds then Bakayoko to have a goal filled second half of the season to build on a relatively okay start is a 33/1 punt.

Carson to wipe away a shaky month or two and build on his good start with an Oliver Khan inspired 2024 50/1.

Cant think of any others and fair play to McCowan after being Mr inconsistent for too many seasons.  He may well get a move for some dough in the summer if he keeps his form up.

Thank you.

Shaughnessey for me. Although Beck has been our best player so far I’d say Shaughnessey would be a bigger loss. He’s so key in how we’ve defended. Another great signing by The Doc. 

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/curtis-main-centre-dundee-motherwell-28404693

Motherwell, St Mirren, ourselves and a fourth unknown Scottish club are all in for Curtis Main apparently.

St. Mirren are not in for him, we were linked as he was at our game vs Celtic last week. We've another target lined up that we've been working on for several weeks according to Scott Burns.

Edited by djchapsticks