All things Dundee FC

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Scott Burns reporting that Burnley have told Derek Adams to look elsewhere for a striker as if they're sending Michael Mellon out on loan to a Scottish club then it will only be Dundee but that they've not decided what his next move will be as of yet (whether in Scotland or England) and they're negotiating a new contract with him before putting him out on loan.

Good, hopefully hamster pus was seething.

Thank you.

Partick Thistle defender Jack McMillan is a Dundee transfer target, Courier Sport understands.

The right-back’s contract at Firhill runs out in the summer and he is free to talk to other clubs.

His is not a priority position for Dundee manager, Tony Docherty, in this transfer window.

Striker and left-back are higher up that list.

Celtic LB Adam Montgomery's loan at Fleetwood has ended, and he is supposedly coming here on loan with an option to buy. Did well for St Johnstone last season, but has had injury issues so far this season. I was keen on him this time last year and that hasn't changed much, but the doubt is there now with the injuries as of late.

Overall though, I'd probably be happy with that. No Beck, but a solid left-back option.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Celtic LB Adam Montgomery's loan at Fleetwood has ended, and he is supposedly coming here on loan with an option to buy. Did well for St Johnstone last season, but has had injury issues so far this season. I was keen on him this time last year and that hasn't changed much, but the doubt is there now with the injuries as of late.

Overall though, I'd probably be happy with that. No Beck, but a solid left-back option.

It’s gonna be tough for anybody who signs to play in Becks position, hopefully the fans give whoever it is a fair crack at the whip 

16 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering Richardson has netted 15 goals in 23 games for North End over the whole of 2023 (also won a cup with them), I wouldn't be surprised if an SPFL club might be requesting him on loan, and I assume Donald has similarly impressed to that degree as well.

Richardson has impressed me in the Reserve games I've seen him in, and I hope we do more with him than we did with Grady McGrath, who Levein is apparently planning to bring to Perth (big step up, but he's a proper goalscorer)

One is going to Brechin and one is going Lowland.

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

One is going to Brechin and one is going Lowland.

Just saw that, Richardson to Brechin makes sense but I hoped for an SPFL loan. Still, should hopefully keep his healthy scoring going at the Hedge.

We've sent youth player Lewis Craik on loan to North End as compensation.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just saw that, Richardson to Brechin makes sense but I hoped for an SPFL loan. Still, should hopefully keep his healthy scoring going at the Hedge.

We've sent youth player Lewis Craik on loan to North End as compensation.

Yeah, the North End chaps are still quite confident they can catch Broughty without Richardson.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, the North End chaps are still quite confident they can catch Broughty without Richardson.

Fair play to them, they're doing a really good job there and look good this season, though I wish Downfield were also in a more firm challenging position. Will hopefully see what they've got against a tough Lochee Utd tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fair play to them, they're doing a really good job there and look good this season, though I wish Downfield were also in a more firm challenging position. Will hopefully see what they've got against a tough Lochee Utd tomorrow.

Aye, hopefully Downfield can take points off them the morn.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Scott Burns putting paid to that rumour it seems.

Watching the DACs v ICT tonight. Some say there’s not much difference between the top half championship sides and bottom half prem sides but we’d give both of those mobs a hammering. 

Edited by Fifespud

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Watching the DACs v ICT tonight. Some say there’s not much difference between the top half championship sides and bottom half prem sides but we’d give both of those mobs a hammering. 

They are absolute dog-shite.

Hilarious.

52 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Not a surprise tbh.

image.png.0eb0d76304b6967a73e3848ea29f52ff.png

image.png.6c3074e6989f7ac671f800e3392e2659.png

Is he definitely sure this time?

Joking aside - IMO he's been average so far, bit too slow on and off the ball. Don't think my view is one that is shared among many dundee fans but he's just not stood out to me all that well. 

11 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

Is he definitely sure this time?

Joking aside - IMO he's been average so far, bit too slow on and off the ball. Don't think my view is one that is shared among many dundee fans but he's just not stood out to me all that well. 

Agreed - he continually gives the ball away with his atrocious passing but overall has been okay.

He's definitely an improvement on your likes of Ashcroft, Sweeney, Fontaine etc but I'd be harsh and say we could get better for next season. 

He probably deserves a good crack at the second half of the season before he's written off though, hopefully he has a solid showing until May.

Thank you.