All things Dundee FC

Changes needed and players need a chance. 3-5-2 suits when we have the players to do it. Fresh Start.

Carson

Astley (look eager to come on and seems to have good attitude)

McGhee (Back to CB)

Donnelly (Beck better with him and he's reliable)

Mulligan (RWB could be perfect for him)

Beck

McCowan

Boateng

Cameron (could however be Fin or Sylla who can tackle)

Robinson (worked well with Mellon)

Mellon (poor effort wise but shitey hoofed passes from incapable players meant him and the team had 0 shots on target)

43 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Changes needed and players need a chance. 3-5-2 suits when we have the players to do it. Fresh Start.

Carson

Astley (look eager to come on and seems to have good attitude)

McGhee (Back to CB)

Donnelly (Beck better with him and he's reliable)

Mulligan (RWB could be perfect for him)

Beck

McCowan

Boateng

Cameron (could however be Fin or Sylla who can tackle)

Robinson (worked well with Mellon)

Mellon (poor effort wise but shitey hoofed passes from incapable players meant him and the team had 0 shots on target)

Think Donnelly pinged his hamstring, out for season?

8 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

Nope he hasn’t , we keep trying to replace Kerr , and in my opinion we haven’t yet , we’ve had a few loanees in that position but none of them have worked out , I still think had kerr been playing against Kilmarnock we wouldn’t have lost those first two goals in the first 3 minutes ,and he wouldn’t have just stood and watched for their 2nd goal last night , McGhee and roger the dodger are no better than him , don’t get me wrong Cammy is not the answer but it’s criminal we haven’t managed to get better than Cammy in 10 years of trying 

Agreed.  Doesn’t look like anyone thinks Dodgeson is an improvement on Kerr.

Given how bad some people on here said Kerr was surely it would be incredibly easy to find a better replacement?   Unless of course he wasn’t as bad as some made out he was.

Several managers in succession clearly didn't rate Kerr and tried to replace him, the problem was they brought in players like James Horsfield, Christie Elliot and sundry others who were equally as poor. The fact we haven't had a decent RB in nigh-on 10 years doesn't make Cammy Kerr any better a player, he lost his place in the side to Elliot and never got it back even once Elliot was released, the manager changed etc. Kerr is just one more in a long line of poor RB's, part of the reason he hung around for so long being that the competition and replacements were as bad if not worse.

Dodgson hasn't impressed, but I don't think you can really assess him fully after a handful of games, especially when he's not playing his preferred position. I'd give him a while yet, although with Beck back it looks likely he'll never see the pitch with everyone fit in any case.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Why are we comparing a right back to a left sided CH under a manager that absolutely insists on having a left footed player in said position? Has Cammy even ever played CH for us? 

If we are going down that route, it should be French that's in the current side that's been punted based on position and ignoring preferred foot.

We clearly planned to soak up the pressure and hit St Mirren on the break - it worked well for 70 plus minutes until the Carson howler. If that had been he who cannot be named I’d have been going bat shit but Trev was fantastic up until then. Catching crosses, coming through a forest of bodies to punch the ball miles, and several decent and competent stops. On another night Beck scores, or we get that penalty which to me was nailed on. 
A lot of tough games, mostly away from home, in a short space of time. 10th was the goal after all but I still think we’ll finish top 6. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Has Cammy even ever played CH for us? 

Yes. A number of times. He was decent for the most part - and is probably where he should be playing more often. 

Kerr played CB quite a bit in the early McPake days when he was determined to use a 3 CB formation, but found out pretty quickly Forster was a liability and Meekings was a permacrock. Also remember McCann playing him at CB in the 2018 League Cup game at Dens v's Championship Dunfermline and being repeatedly targeted and beaten in the air.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I’d assumed after Cammy left there’d instantly be an upturn in our form. It appears it’s still his fault 😂😂😂

Nobody is blaming Kerr for the form. The only people who are mentioning him are the same folk who come out and wanted him put in the team when he was dropped for the last decade because "he's always giving 100%". 

Hes now (rightfully) gone and people are all doe eyed about him because the person brought in has had 3 games and doesn't resemble James Tavernier.

It's bewildering. One boy has had ten years of chances, wages and people fighting his corner (and still are) despite being abject. The other guy has had 3 week and is being chased.

Go figure.

Edited by Derry Alli

2 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Sir Bobby,

Thank you. 

That is seriously good. You obviously had great trust in your tattooist. Bravo sir!

Are you old enough to have witnessed this event in person? If so then medical science wants to know your secret as those legs look remarkably young! 

42 minutes ago, Molotov said:

That is seriously good. You obviously had great trust in your tattooist. Bravo sir!

Are you old enough to have witnessed this event in person? If so then medical science wants to know your secret as those legs look remarkably young! 

Why thank you sir.

Sadly I’m not old enough to have seen him play. I’m old enough to know I won’t see a Dundee captain clutching the league trophy again though!