All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

We only have 14 fixtures remaining in the season, and lets face it, if we do make top 6 then it's likely we'll scrape it and be isolated from St.Mirren and Kilmarnock, rendering the final 5 fixtures pretty much dead rubbers. So more than likely only 9 really meaningful matches to play, and I think we can manage without one more player when we already have 6 or 7 capable of playing that position.

And yes, I accept that fighting for points = money and we aren't totally out of the relegation picture yet etc etc, but being realistic, it looks like we'll likely either be comfortable in 7th-9th, or scrape 6th and be well adrift of 4th and 5th.

I'm not giving up on catching one of them. I'm expecting a strong finish to the season.

54 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I'm not giving up on catching one of them. I'm expecting a strong finish to the season.

I'm of the opinion that we've already shat that with the number of points we've thrown away from winning positions this season. 17, I think, at last count. 

Never give up hope of course, but I think if we were realistically going to challenge Continental qualification then we needed to get off to a real flyer and stay there, and we kinda haven't due to those blown leads. 

20 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Just seen that we considered Drumgeith park as a site for the new ground

Can you IMAGINE?! :lol: 

Drumgeith Park After Flooding Dundee Scotland Stock Footage Video (100%  Royalty-free) 13968506 | Shutterstock

The fact that they're building a 'super school' which will be the biggest in Dundee just across the road boggles my mind!

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The fact that they're building a 'super school' which will be the biggest in Dundee just across the road boggles my mind!

It will end up six feet under water, with a load of arguing about whose fault it is, cooncil or robertsons. IMO.

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It will end up six feet under water, with a load of arguing about whose fault it is, cooncil or robertsons. IMO.

Yip. And we’ll end up paying again. 
Incompetent b*****ds, the lot of them. 

No surprise when I seen an image of Rudden celebrating there that the DAB support captured behind him is swarming with Wummin and Children.

Nice knitted scarfs which were rustled up in the stands of Tannadice in their last match.

Thank you.

2074628e-e99f-4b4b-8959-4d1b9a92dd3e.jpg.9d35d8941446e41656315a172388ff60.jpg

1 minute ago, The Algebraist said:

What a hit to win it as well. A beauty in contrast to that hideous green away strip. A very good evening's entertainment  Lol. Lmao.

They’re a bunch of guys past their sell by dates and thugs. If they do come up it’s another massive rebuilding job and millions of pounds. Glorious. 

Just now, Fifespud said:

They’re a bunch of guys past their sell by dates and thugs. If they do come up it’s another massive rebuilding job and millions of pounds. Glorious. 

Exactly.  United win promotion and they will not have the courage (or money) to change their manager like we did.  They will be stuck with Captain Birdseye and because of that they will struggle big time in the big league. 

Rudden still has potential, he could still be an option next year. Next season I'd like Robinson to sign as he is still 21 and same ages as Mulligan, Lyall and Fin who are inconsistent as well. Robinson gets a hard time from fans but fans forget his age and that last season he was great and probaly as important as Lyall. He has the build and the attributes to have a great career and has plenty of potential and would be cheap. Donnelly, McCracken, Bakayoko, Costelloe and Boateng could potentially sign for next season. If some of the loans signed we will be sorted for next season and won't need much added.

54 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Rudden still has potential, he could still be an option next year. Next season I'd like Robinson to sign as he is still 21 and same ages as Mulligan, Lyall and Fin who are inconsistent as well. Robinson gets a hard time from fans but fans forget his age and that last season he was great and probaly as important as Lyall. He has the build and the attributes to have a great career and has plenty of potential and would be cheap. Donnelly, McCracken, Bakayoko, Costelloe and Boateng could potentially sign for next season. If some of the loans signed we will be sorted for next season and won't need much added.

If only the 1st sentence was removed that would be spot on!

I think Robinson is suffering from typical young player crisis of confidence.

We saw there is a promising player in there last season, but then he got that injury without ever having established himself in the 1st eleven this season, and it looks to me like its crushed him mentally. The lack of effort and petulance is typical for a young player with no confidence whose head has gone down. Too young to realise he just needs to work his way through it like an older pro would.

Its a shame, because outside of perhaps Mellon, i think he's the most naturally gifted striker at the club, but in the remaining 1/3rd of thr season I can't really see him coming back from it. Hope I'm wrong though.