All things Dundee FC

55 minutes ago, Luke Newman said:

Carson

McGhee Shaughnessy Donnelly Beck

Sylla            Boateng 

Costelloe      McCowan    Reilly

Mellon

This is a very strong team that could happen in the next few weeks. Portales may be a better player than Joe but he is our Captain and helps Donnelly

One up front?

No Cameron or Bakayoko?

Reilly?

🙄

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Cameron is easily one of the first names in my lineup tbh, think over the past few months he’s been outstanding, Him Beck and McCowan are different class.

You’ve got to feel for St Johnstone*. From the pinnacle of their season at half time last week, to now being 8 points behind us. 

Spoiler

*Actually, you don’t. 

2 hours ago, Luke Newman said:

Carson

McGhee Shaughnessy Donnelly Beck

Sylla            Boateng 

Costelloe      McCowan    Reilly

Mellon

This is a very strong team that could happen in the next few weeks. Portales may be a better player than Joe but he is our Captain and helps Donnelly

Either Joe or Luke McCowan 1st names on the team sheet for me. Portales does well in a back 3 not seen him in a back 4 yet. 

You’d drop Cameron, that’s a shock to put it mildly!

I’d like to see the 3 behind Mellon be Mulligan, McCowan and Cameron. Think that would be awesome. 

59 minutes ago, The Master said:

You’ve got to feel for St Johnstone*. From the pinnacle of their season at half time last week, to now being 8 points behind us. 

Reveal hidden contents

*Actually, you don’t. 

😂😂😂

On 18/02/2024 at 14:00, The Master said:

Reveal hidden contents

*Actually, you don’t. 

I have agree it’s truly awful for them 

😂😂😂

Hearing strong rumours that the Caballero Golden Kingsway Crossing Statue complete with swinging testicle chariots planning application has been denied but a 600ft high Mo Sylla opaque diamond statue with titanium pubic hair to be used as a chairlift cable has been aapproved. Fingers crossed. 

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Hearing strong rumours that the Caballero Golden Kingsway Crossing Statue complete with swinging testicle chariots planning application has been denied but a 600ft high Mo Sylla opaque diamond statue with titanium pubic hair to be used as a chairlift cable has been aapproved. Fingers crossed. 

Boo. If there’s no Fabian my season ticket is going straight back. 

On 18/02/2024 at 13:15, Ludo*1 said:

Can't see Mellon playing up top on his own. Looks like a wee laddie up top so imagine he needs to be in a 2.

Free reminder Griffiths was also a wee laddie for his whole career and was solo up front for the best of it.

Give it a go and if it doesn't work, change the shape. That's what all the screaming at the touchline is about right?

On 18/02/2024 at 11:57, Dee Bliss said:

Either Joe or Luke McCowan 1st names on the team sheet for me. Portales does well in a back 3 not seen him in a back 4 yet. 

You’d drop Cameron, that’s a shock to put it mildly!

I’d like to see the 3 behind Mellon be Mulligan, McCowan and Cameron. Think that would be awesome. 

Big Joe has been one of our worst performers over the past few weeks and his pace causes issues which may come to a head at Easter Road. May sound out the blue but it's also true.

Lamie and Donnelly are our strongest pairing with the four at the back IMO.

4 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Boo. If there’s no Fabian my season ticket is going straight back. 

Had to double take there with the new picture. Now even more beautiful than usual Spuddy.

Tickets selling well for Hibs. I'll be enjoying the day out win, lose or draw. We're safe as houses in the league and every game now is a chance to reach top six where if it doesn't come off there's absolutely no failure attached. Strange territory for all Dees; enjoy it while we can folks.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Big Joe has been one of our worst performers over the past few weeks and his pace causes issues which may come to a head at Easter Road. May sound out the blue but it's also true.

Had to double take there with the new picture. Now even more beautiful than usual Spuddy.

Tickets selling well for Hibs. I'll be enjoying the day out win, lose or draw. We're safe as houses in the league and every game now is a chance to reach top six where if it doesn't come off there's absolutely no failure attached. Strange territory for all Dees; enjoy it while we can folks.

Thank you.

He was also one of our best performers when he had Lamie and Portales along side him. You're absolutely right he has dipped in the past few weeks though.

RE playing one up front, I'm not really against that as I don't think we have found a good striking partnership that has clicked yet but I think Bakayoko has to be one of the first on the team sheet. He really is love or hate for some reason but I think he adds so much to us as a team.

5 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

He was also one of our best performers when he had Lamie and Portales along side him. You're absolutely right he has dipped in the past few weeks though.

RE playing one up front, I'm not really against that as I don't think we have found a good striking partnership that has clicked yet but I think Bakayoko has to be one of the first on the team sheet. He really is love or hate for some reason but I think he adds so much to us as a team.

Agree re Bakayoko and again re Joe. He had a couple of dodgy games but he is a leader of men. On Saturday Donnelly was constantly looking for him on Saturday.

13 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Come on aye. The guys at the centre of everything defensively. Wins header after header and organised everyone around him. No ones dropping Joe. Allowed a bad game or 2 giving the amount of games he’s played since mid January. 

Edited by Dee Bliss

40 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Come on aye. The guys at the centre of everything defensively. Wins header after header and organised everyone around him. No ones dropping Joe. Allowed a bad game or 2 giving the amount of games he’s played since mid January. 

If I'm honest I saw him v St Mirren and thought that he could probably do with a game or two off. Not because of poor performances but just because he has been a mainstay and probably knackered. 

His importance to our defence can't be underestimated.

Edited by Pens_Dark

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

If I'm honest I saw him v St Mirren and thought that he could probably do with a game or two off. Not because of poor performances but just because he has been a mainstay and probably knackered. 

His importance to our defence can't be underestimated.

I think we can all agree on that. Hopefully with there being no midweek games the last couple of weeks he’s resting up and ready to go on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Dee Bliss said:

He's not at the centre of everything defensively, simple as that, although as Spuddy alluded to he's a brilliant communicator and probably just what the likes of Donnelly and Beck need. He's been an important part of the squad this season and overall has contributed well.

In a back three he's excelled in some matches whilst notching a few important goals which has raised his stock with the fans . In a back two he's struggled multiple times and St Johnstone taegetted him almost scoring on multiple occasions had they not been dugmeat. It's not that wild to suggest Lamie would perform better there in the two.

Didn't ask for him to be dropped and as Captain it's not going to happen anyway. Just pointing out the facts and he's no colossus in the air don't know if I've missed that - he's just a very competent centre back (which is a great improvement on recent years).

49 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Joe is the first name on the team sheet. Been an absolute colossus.  

No he's not. Beck and McCowan would be ahead of him as first picks. 

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Dee Bliss said:

Not sure how Joe will cope next season with league games every weekend and European travels and games mid week - or am I just getting ahead of myself?

8 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Not sure how Joe will cope next season with league games every weekend and European travels and games mid week - or am I just getting ahead of myself?

No not all. Our budget will hugely increase due to the money from the group stage of European football next season. We’ll have replacements for big Joe. It’s just where The Doc prioritises European or domestic football. Joe’s the 1st pick centrehalf either way.