All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Jordan McGhee deserves a mention on his own. That was one of thr best performances I've seen from him over his years at the club.

I complained about him weekly as a centre midfielder but he's always been a useful defender in my book as a second choice. Tonight though with a performance like that he could start for us next season as a RB. He really was outstanding tonight and I don't think thats overdoing it. 

Hes definitely been told to get forward more aswell. At the seasons start when on the right he was scared to cross the half way line and had no confidence in his forward passing. He looked a different player tonight, the charging forward in the second half was class.

Keep it up McGhee.

Thank you.

Completely agree - he was tremendous last night.

Very good performance last night again.

This team just continue to impress with their work rate and patterns of play. 

McCowan is just a magician - having the composure on the ball of him and Cameron is so important to how we play. I just want Cameron to be a wee bit more physical. 

McGhee, like others have said, deserves a mention. Not been his biggest fan over the years but he is one of those that epitomises the work rate of the team. I also thought Dodgson was very good.

Tiffoney is just a total pitbull - he put the fear in to the Rangers defence all night with his hassling. 

Costelloe when he came on...f**k me...just complete a pass mate. He could easily have been subbed back off again.

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Very good performance last night again.

This team just continue to impress with their work rate and patterns of play. 

McCowan is just a magician - having the composure on the ball of him and Cameron is so important to how we play. I just want Cameron to be a wee bit more physical. 

McGhee, like others have said, deserves a mention. Not been his biggest fan over the years but he is one of those that epitomises the work rate of the team. I also thought Dodgson was very good.

Tiffoney is just a total pitbull - he put the fear in to the Rangers defence all night with his hassling. 

Costelloe when he came on...f**k me...just complete a pass mate. He could easily have been subbed back off again.

Mulligan should've been on instead of costelloe imo, whether he was coming back from injury or not. Don't think Costelloe offered much going forward and Mulligan wouldn't have done much worse considering it would've been his first game back. 

Disappointed tiffoney is again the first to be subbed but he does put a good shift in, similar to Luke. Thought Cameron was wasteful with some passes last night as well as Costelloe but we didn't lack physicality when they were on, given that Sylla, Boateng and McCowan were there to get stuck in. 

Pleasantly surprised at Doc ditching the back 4 and opting for a more positive starting line up. Don't think we should have much fear against celtic even if the last match against them ended the way it did. 

Main to start in place of Bakayoko? Mulligan for Cameron? Those are the two changes I'd look to make, but no way will Doc drop either of them imo. 

30 minutes ago, LM_0803 said:

Mulligan should've been on instead of costelloe imo, whether he was coming back from injury or not. Don't think Costelloe offered much going forward and Mulligan wouldn't have done much worse considering it would've been his first game back. 

Disappointed tiffoney is again the first to be subbed but he does put a good shift in, similar to Luke. Thought Cameron was wasteful with some passes last night as well as Costelloe but we didn't lack physicality when they were on, given that Sylla, Boateng and McCowan were there to get stuck in. 

Pleasantly surprised at Doc ditching the back 4 and opting for a more positive starting line up. Don't think we should have much fear against celtic even if the last match against them ended the way it did. 

Main to start in place of Bakayoko? Mulligan for Cameron? Those are the two changes I'd look to make, but no way will Doc drop either of them imo. 

Mulligan > Costelloe - 100% agree 

The others I completely disagree with - Bakayoko was excellent yesterday - had a thankless task. Cameron is in our top 3 players atm. 

Main is about as fit as me. 

34 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Mulligan > Costelloe - 100% agree 

The others I completely disagree with - Bakayoko was excellent yesterday - had a thankless task. Cameron is in our top 3 players atm. 

Main is about as fit as me. 

This is all 100% spot on. Bakayoko did well for us, though his final pass at times let him down, Cameron is brilliant and Main is still not fit; he also does this really frustrating thing that when the ball is punted in the air for him to challenge the first thing he does is stare at the player he is challenging and doesn't even care where the ball is. He's just there to hassle the opponents and bring others in to the game, which I think Bakayoko does better.

4 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Dundee fined £186k for pitch related postponements, £120k of which is suspended.  Thoughts on this Dee fans?

I can't really see that standing up in court. The £120k is payable if we have a single postponement due to a waterlogged pitch next season - even if we sort our pitch - that's just laughable.

As for the television costs of £36,429.60, that can get in the bin.

It's no surprise to see we're pursuing legal advice.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can't really see that standing up in court. The £120k is payable if we have a single postponement due to a waterlogged pitch next season - even if we sort our pitch - that's just laughable.

Fwiw: the £50k (£45k suspended) we were fined in 2009 comes in at £76,835.40 when adjusted for inflation.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The SPFL statement doesn’t say the suspended fine is payable for one single postponement. 

I'm speaking to my lawyer as we speak. 

And, let me tell you friends, he's a REAL piece of work. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Girth

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The SPFL statement doesn’t say the suspended fine is payable for one single postponement. 

It does - each postponement is named as a breach.

A further breach is then mentioned in singular. 

1 postponement = 1 breach

3 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

I meant to add to this RE Tiffoney - I share your frustration - but I think he may have a touch of the Greg Stewart’s about him..

More in that the step up to the top flight physicality and fitness has been a lot harder for him than some other players - maybe due to type of player he is or his build whatever it may be.

For Stewart he admits to being a lazy fat b*****d outside of football and his jump from P/T to F/T was a massive shock - it’s  not quite as bad for Tiff but his performances now vs early in the campaign are night and day - think Doc protected him well and unleashed him when he was ready. 

If he goes on to be half the player Stewart was for us I won’t complain 1 bit. 

Just now, Rugster said:

It doesn't but it definitely suggests that. Makes reference to a further breach of SPFL rules - to me that's left to be fairly interpretive.

Either way the size of the fine is an absolute joke if you take in to account Motherwells fine previously. Amazing what a tantrum from Rangers can do...

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The Dundee one does.

14 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Dundee website has crashed - fine for that incoming most likely - anyone got the statement? 

Screenshot_20240418_151152_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

It doesn't but it definitely suggests that. Makes reference to a further breach of SPFL rules - to me that's left to be fairly interpretive.

Either way the size of the fine is an absolute joke if you take in to account Motherwells fine previously. Amazing what a tantrum from Rangers can do...

Clearly there's been a heavy lean from Rangers (and SKY probably) but I have a feeling that the way Nelms has carried himself and the "bullishness" from the club probably hasn't helped.

If you look at the coverage around our situation in 2009 it was specifically pointed out that we took ownership and accountability:

"A spokesperson for the SPL told BBC Scotland: "The Motherwell pitch was investigated by the SPL last season and a sanction was imposed.

"The club were fully co-operative throughout the process and the club and the SPL look forward to moving on from this following the club's extensive work over the summer on their pitch.""

Link

I'd imagine you'll appeal and it'll be reduced but I'd say that Nelms talking about how the pitch would probably have been fine if the kick off had been 3pm (entirely fucking useless for a 12 noon televised game), having to loan pitch covers from another club at the last minute or your man talking about climate change when every other club in the country has been dealing with pishing rain has probably meant everyone involved is taking a "honestly, f**k that guy" stance.