All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Good point well made.  Also, how many fans have Rangers identified and banned?  

Someone said to me a month or so ago that 3 people had been arrested. I couldn't find anything to prove that was the case - but even if it was 3 people is hardly proportionate is it?

1 hour ago, K.T said:

Mental the SPFL would fine us because of weather and not fine Rangers every week for their sectarian singing.

Think it would be more to do with the state of your pitch not being able to handle the weather, but they'd shit the bed handing the erse cheeks the bill for whatever reason, so Dundee should tell them where to go if they tried asking them for it. 

Hope we rest a few players for tonights game.  If we don't give Lundstrum time on the ball to feed it to attacking players and press Tavernier and Sterling like Ross County done. Tiffoney and Robinson could press the full backs and you could have Main to bully the 2 centre backs who I don't rate at all.

There has been a debate wether or not to keep Bakayoko. He is big tall striker who doesn't use it to his advantage. Howeve Bakayoko is great at linking up with Lyall and McCowan. He isn't the best finisher but gets in good positions in the box. Someone mentioned that Murray is on our radar. He's has been good this season but I don't think suits the we play. He isn't the tallest either and wouldn't complement a Tiffoney or Reilly for example as good as Bakayoko. If get Europe I'd like us to look elsewhere for a striker. Perhaps the partnership with Burnley will help us find a striker that will get the goals. A Miovski type player/signing would be perfect.

17 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Hope we rest a few players for tonights game.  If we don't give Lundstrum time on the ball to feed it to attacking players and press Tavernier and Sterling like Ross County done. Tiffoney and Robinson could press the full backs and you could have Main to bully the 2 centre backs who I don't rate at all.

There has been a debate wether or not to keep Bakayoko. He is big tall striker who doesn't use it to his advantage. Howeve Bakayoko is great at linking up with Lyall and McCowan. He isn't the best finisher but gets in good positions in the box. Someone mentioned that Murray is on our radar. He's has been good this season but I don't think suits the we play. He isn't the tallest either and wouldn't complement a Tiffoney or Reilly for example as good as Bakayoko. If get Europe I'd like us to look elsewhere for a striker. Perhaps the partnership with Burnley will help us find a striker that will get the goals. A Miovski type player/signing would be perfect.

I've been a fan of Bakayoko and would be happy to keep him. He has off games and people really focus on those bad games that he has, but generally his link up play is pretty good and he has chipped in with important goals. Not to mention the fact that Docherty likes to play with a second striker or someone just behind, Bakayoko has generally been the main striker and the partner has changed through the season. Tiffoney has been impressive since the turn of the year and I think that is the best partnership we have at the moment. 

It's hard in general to get a player at this level that will get you lots of goals. I'd have loved for us to get Van Veen in but Kilmarnock got in there. I actually noticed on one of the social media posts that Mellon is the same height as Bakayoko which I didn't really expect. Mellon hasn't had a consistent run of games and I'd like to see him get more minutes post-split to see if he's worth getting back from Burnley.

4 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I've been a fan of Bakayoko and would be happy to keep him. He has off games and people really focus on those bad games that he has, but generally his link up play is pretty good and he has chipped in with important goals. Not to mention the fact that Docherty likes to play with a second striker or someone just behind, Bakayoko has generally been the main striker and the partner has changed through the season. Tiffoney has been impressive since the turn of the year and I think that is the best partnership we have at the moment. 

It's hard in general to get a player at this level that will get you lots of goals. I'd have loved for us to get Van Veen in but Kilmarnock got in there. I actually noticed on one of the social media posts that Mellon is the same height as Bakayoko which I didn't really expect. Mellon hasn't had a consistent run of games and I'd like to see him get more minutes post-split to see if he's worth getting back from Burnley.

I think Main looked decent before the injury but I'm not sure yet how much of a target man he is. Mellon and Robinson could be the goal scorers if we keep them and have a good pre-season to develop.

1 minute ago, peebles_Dee said:

I think Main looked decent before the injury but I'm not sure yet how much of a target man he is. Mellon and Robinson could be the goal scorers if we keep them and have a good pre-season to develop.

Main still looked a wee bit unfit even on Saturday. I'm hoping a full pre-season and we'll have him firing. I don't know what to make of Robinson - loved him from the championship season but hasn't really had the chance this season, I don't think Docherty fancies him at all. Most likely work rate.

45 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Main still looked a wee bit unfit even on Saturday. I'm hoping a full pre-season and we'll have him firing. I don't know what to make of Robinson - loved him from the championship season but hasn't really had the chance this season, I don't think Docherty fancies him at all. Most likely work rate.

He is still 21 and has big potential. He still has plenty of time to be developed like Mellon. Docherty usually plays a target man with someone more energetic but Robinson and Mellon can allow us to go to a 4-3-3 at times which were they are both best suited. 

Just now, peebles_Dee said:

He is still 21 and has big potential. He still has plenty of time to be developed like Mellon. Docherty usually plays a target man with someone more energetic but Robinson and Mellon can allow us to go to a 4-3-3 at times which were they are both best suited. 

Just noticed he is a free agent in the summer. Would be a great signing on a free. 

5 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Mental but entirely not surprising.

I always thought that we would get a suspended fine, like Motherwell and that would be the end of it. Terrible precedent to be set here if they try and hound us for money because of postponements. Especially when the fixture can be played. 

SPFL thinking: Lets charge clubs an insane amount for sub-standard technology that sub-standard referees continue to make mistakes with every weekend, lets make sure the big two get the most amount of money whilst the rest fight for scraps balancing the need to maintain their facilities whilst also putting a semi-competitive team on the pitch. Then, just then, we'll make sure that when a fixture is postponed and the big team along with the tv companies stamp their feet we will just go after the club in question. 

Did Rangers even get fined for their pyro nonsense earlier in the season and for the disruption that had on the game? Did they f**k.

There's an article somewhere that claims 5 postponements in a season is the trigger point for fines.

Bakayoko needs to step up against better opposition tonight. Woeful against the top sides this season, despite some decent showings against the dross.

As for the likes of McCowan, Cameron and Boateng they also have to show the same composure as they do most weeks. Get on the ball and find a man.

Tonight isn't about winning but we need to see something. In behind the speed in the Sevco attack their defence is bang average.

Thank you.

Great result and well deserved. McCowan the best player on the park. Have to say I like Dodgson, I’d be signing him if poss. Bakayoko also, he’s not Pele clearly but he does a job. Boateng is another ‘keep’ if poss. Robinson is a no for me. A half decent spell in the seaside league, attitude suspect, the Doc clearly doesn’t rate him. Costelloe is not as bad as the Sanities aresholes led us to believe but he’s another no for me. Neither Donnelly or him look much better than our own, home grown versions. 

Away from the trolling and hilarity in the match thread - what a season (for a first one back up), what a squad, what a gaffer.

Allow me to indulge in a bit of negativity though - Costelloe? Get him in the sea. 

Everything I asked for pre match.

We were brave on the ball and defended our goal like a prime Italian side. There was no luck involved there - our midfield dominated and McCowan finally showed he's a class above against one of the ugly sisters. 

Cameron also stepped up with a wonderful display. Dodgson was excellent and Portales was an absolute touch of class. Bakayoko ran himself into the ground in the first half and was everything we needed up top.

The only negative tonight would be Costelloe who gave the ball away time and time again as well as not taking that shot at the end of the game when we worked himself into a good position.

Superb Dundee. This St Mirren home match coming up is huge. Imagine we leaped above them morons after all the piping up they've done all season.

Thank you.

A joy to watch us showing those mutant b*****ds no respect tonight. We're so much better than our games against the Old Firm so far. 

The season's been a massive success however it ends but I'd give an arm, a leg and anything else to get 5th and then watch us  get humped in some Eastern European shitehole. 

28 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Superb Dundee. This St Mirren home match coming up is huge. Imagine we leaped above them morons after all the piping up they've done all season.

Thank you.

Personally, I'd love Dundee to do that.

Jordan McGhee deserves a mention on his own. That was one of thr best performances I've seen from him over his years at the club.

I complained about him weekly as a centre midfielder but he's always been a useful defender in my book as a second choice. Tonight though with a performance like that he could start for us next season as a RB. He really was outstanding tonight and I don't think thats overdoing it. 

Hes definitely been told to get forward more aswell. At the seasons start when on the right he was scared to cross the half way line and had no confidence in his forward passing. He looked a different player tonight, the charging forward in the second half was class.

Keep it up McGhee.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

7 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Jordan McGhee deserves a mention on his own. That was one of thr best performances I've seen from him over his years at the club.

I complained about him weekly as a centre midfielder but he's always been a useful defender in my book as a second choice. Tonight though with a performance like that he could start for us next season as a RB. He really was outstanding tonight and I don't think thats overdoing it. 

Hes definitely been told to get forward more aswell. At the seasons start when on the right he was scared to cross the half way line and had no confidence in his forward passing. He looked a different player tonight, the charging forward in the second half was class.

Keep it up McGhee.

Thank you.

Great shout. Totally agree.