All things Dundee FC

Thoughts on Jack Wilkie? I think I’ve only seen him play once which was for the U20s against Buckie and he was decent from memory. Haven’t heard any rumours linking him but I’d be surprised if we aren’t linked with him at some point this summer. 

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Trim a few, and it's a decent base to work with.

Agreed.  I reckon there are 6 or 7 that can easily be in the starting line up.  Means Doc will have his work cut out in identifying new players.  I don’t think he can bring in too many ‘squad’ players and I don’t think he can make too many mistakes.

Got to say though I’m as confident as I can be that Doc will already know what’s required and make some good choices again. 

With Pineda having a full season to climate to Scotland , reckon we will see more of him next season?

or just brought in to be portales wee pal which is odd considering he was given #11 hardly a fringe player number 

13 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

With Pineda having a full season to climate to Scotland , reckon we will see more of him next season?

or just brought in to be portales wee pal which is odd considering he was given #11 hardly a fringe player number 

In the last 4 seasons we've had Nicholas Hamilton (0 games), Jay Chapman (2 games), Pierre Reedy (4 games) and now Diego Pineda (3 games) all signed from across the Atlantic in some way with totally underwhelming results, I wonder if they are distant relations of Nelms?

The game numbers are taken from Wiki.

46 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

In the last 4 seasons we've had Nicholas Hamilton (0 games), Jay Chapman (2 games), Pierre Reedy (4 games) and now Diego Pineda (3 games) all signed from across the Atlantic in some way with totally underwhelming results, I wonder if they are distant relations of Nelms?

Tonight Show Crying GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

The only players of those in contract who could potentially lead us to the top six next season are:

McCowan

Sylla

Cameron (on his day)

Carson (on his day)

Maybe Portales, Astley and Main can give us something. There's a few more with potential to shine but alot of manure. 

Lots of work to be done by the Doc. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

The stats at the top are league stats only, lower down has the full stats. We managed one competitive game out of Nicholas Hamilton, though it was about 3 minutes at the end of a League Cup game against Cove Rangers. Odd career he's had, went back to Canada, returned to Jamaica and won the title, their Sportsman of the Year award (which I might've voted him a few times for, unlimited votes) and got a Jamaican NT cap, had a weird season in Finland before going back to Jamaica and winning another national title last night, scoring the winning penalty. What a guy, shared a fist bump with him after we got promoted.

Long rambling story aside, Pineda at least did what the others didn't and got a competitive goal against Dumbarton in the LC. Still very much believe he was signed to be Portales' mate and initial translator while Antonio was getting better at English, and if we don't send him on loan next season then I don't expect much different from this season in terms of contributions on the pitch. Reckon he's low Championship/League One at best, and until he gets a proper run out (didn't even make the bench in the post-match dead rubbers) I doubt he'll ever have much impact as a player for us.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The stats at the top are league stats only, lower down has the full stats. We managed one competitive game out of Nicholas Hamilton, though it was about 3 minutes at the end of a League Cup game against Cove Rangers. Odd career he's had, went back to Canada, returned to Jamaica and won the title, their Sportsman of the Year award (which I might've voted him a few times for, unlimited votes) and got a Jamaican NT cap, had a weird season in Finland before going back to Jamaica and winning another national title last night, scoring the winning penalty. What a guy, shared a fist bump with him after we got promoted.

Long rambling story aside, Pineda at least did what the others didn't and got a competitive goal against Dumbarton in the LC. Still very much believe he was signed to be Portales' mate and initial translator while Antonio was getting better at English, and if we don't send him on loan next season then I don't expect much different from this season in terms of contributions on the pitch. Reckon he's low Championship/League One at best, and until he gets a proper run out (didn't even make the bench in the post-match dead rubbers) I doubt he'll ever have much impact as a player for us.

The funny thing is that in his very brief cameos he didn’t look that bad. 

Bakayoko in the Courier saying he wants to come back. Docherty said in March that he wants to keep Baka. So I suppose it's down to FGR's plans - if they want a fee, he'll probably stay in England. Ball is in their court.

Congratulations on taking the top team in Tayside title.  I'm not sure how Saints will do next season, given we're still in a state of limbo re new owners etc. But I have a feeling you lads will do well again.  I couldn't give a flying f**k about the Dayglos. Enjoy your summer,  see you in August. 

37 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Congratulations on taking the top team in Tayside title.  I'm not sure how Saints will do next season, given we're still in a state of limbo re new owners etc. But I have a feeling you lads will do well again.  I couldn't give a flying f**k about the Dayglos. Enjoy your summer,  see you in August. 

Pop Tv Thank You GIF by Schitt's Creek

59 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Wife's anger as Dundee FC legend goes missing from care home (thecourier.co.uk)

On a more serious note, afraid I'm lost for words on this occasion!

Dreadful experience for Billy and his family.

Thoughts are with them.   

That's terrible, was one of my heroes growing up in the seventies, absolutely lethal in front of goal.

Like you say, thoughts with his family.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jon McCracken released by Norwich.

Looked at their forum and not 1 mention of him, seems to have flown under the radar 

either they don’t know how good he is or they just don’t care

either way bodes well for us

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Telling that Marcel Lewis been released after only 1 appearances in cruzton , apps 8 in total and will be 23 

Screams "waster" and "attitude problem".