All things Dundee FC

Posted (edited)

Both Portales and Pineda suffered from injuries throughout last season - Portales a couple of long-term spells out whilst Pineda had constant niggles that didn't allow him to get up to speed or build any form of match sharpness hence not being involved.

Neither had any form of preseason due to visa issues delaying their arrival - if I remember correctly they didn't arrive until roughly 7 weeks after the signings were announced by the club. Moreover, Pineda was thrown in to that league cup tie at Airdrie a day after arriving in Scotland.

I do really think there is a technically good player in there and, fingers crossed, after a full preseason he will offer the team something different in the forward areas.

Edited by Headless Jack

See Sandy Cromarty's taken the relegation well. Fud.

3b846ef0-1742-11ef-b559-b5d176629cf7.jpg.webp.c03f427dc05b9be0b288e89a74214d57.webp

Great to see the likes of Livi and ICT slip back to obscurity. It's been a long time coming. Wouldn't mind seeing Raith come up for County aswell.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

3b846ef0-1742-11ef-b559-b5d176629cf7.jpg.webp.c03f427dc05b9be0b288e89a74214d57.webp

Great to see the likes of Livi and ICT slip back to obscurity. It's been a long time coming. Wouldn't mind seeing Raith come up for County aswell.

Thank you.

Raith up would be magic, proper team, proper fans, proper stadium, despite the webbed feet. 

39 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Malkmus was the one with the heads gone.

13 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Always imagined Cromarty to look like this..........

Question Time's 'passionate highlander' is the William Wallace of the  Better Together campaign | The Independent | The Independent

Thank you.

Bit of a weird situation with the club officially declaring Byrne "released", but turning out tonight for Raith, and presumably again on Sunday.

Ok, Raith obviously still retain the "on loan" registration, but you can't technically be "on loan" if you don't have a parent club. I wonder if it involves some sort of jiggery-pokery at the SFA, or if it's just a simple case of "Byrne has been informed he will be released", i.e. Monday coming, and the club just lumped that news in with the wider announcement.

Is the Dutch right back still on trial? I’d assume the lads would be away organising their holidays so there’d be no one to look at him?

9 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Bit of a weird situation with the club officially declaring Byrne "released", but turning out tonight for Raith, and presumably again on Sunday.

Ok, Raith obviously still retain the "on loan" registration, but you can't technically be "on loan" if you don't have a parent club. I wonder if it involves some sort of jiggery-pokery at the SFA, or if it's just a simple case of "Byrne has been informed he will be released", i.e. Monday coming, and the club just lumped that news in with the wider announcement.

Contacts expire on 31st May usually

2 hours ago, Girth said:

Worry not lads, I'm working my conkers off already scouting the best talent. 

football manager GIF by QPR FC

Same meme every transfer window….freshen it up please ta xx

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Contacts expire on 31st May usually

Yes, which is another reason why the club statement about "out of contract players have been released" is a bit incongruous.

I think its just a case of putting out a bit of a lazy announcement, and what they actually meant is that all the loaned players with contracts due to expire have been informed they will be released.

On 21/05/2024 at 22:22, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

I'm a bit late with this but if you want another laugh you might want to see what Inverness announced today.

51 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

I've heard that we are want McCracken, Meekinson, Murray and Brandon Williams.

McCracken I’d definitely take back, Meekinson wouldn’t get much game time, Murray would be a good backup, Brandon Williams is a good player but his career hasn’t gone as well as planned but Docherty could be the right manager for him.

I’d imagine Brandon Williams is on a heck of a wage, probably 5x the amount we could get anywhere near , would we even be in the top 5 of his choices?