All things Dundee FC

If it's really the case that Rangers stayed overnight and Dundee are having to pay that bill, it's an absolutely ridiculous decision.

Compensate them for the bus hire and maybe a pre-match meal at a push, but there is no need for a team from Glasgow to stay overnight for a fixture in Dundee. That's utter nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If it's really the case that Rangers stayed overnight and Dundee are having to pay that bill, it's an absolutely ridiculous decision.

Compensate them for the bus hire and maybe a pre-match meal at a push, but there is no need for a team from Glasgow to stay overnight for a fixture in Dundee. That's utter nonsense.

They also chose to travel to the game despite there being no chance of it being on.

6 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Well I've told you I 100% know stewards are paid per game (overtime isn't an option) I've also told you I've physically seen floodlights on long after games are finished at both Dens and Tannadice. The police fee is common sense.

It’s not legal to pay less than the minimum wage so if the extra hours take a worker beyond that the ‘set fee’ is out of the window - making shite up no 1.  
Of course the police get overtime - making shite up no 2.

The floodlights stay on after matches for the warm down. Do you think they just wouldn’t bother because the game finished at 11pm - making stuff up no 3. 

You’re clearly not the sharpest tool in the box. 

12 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Well I've told you I 100% know stewards are paid per game (overtime isn't an option) I've also told you I've physically seen floodlights on long after games are finished at both Dens and Tannadice. The police fee is common sense.

The lights stay on for a lot of reasons….players warming down, stewards & police debriefs, Sky TV, ground staff still working etc…….when a game is delayed all this still has to be done afterwards, they don’t just switch the lights out at the intended time. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I think that is indeed a reasonable solution if Rangers wish to continue embarrassing themselves by maintaining they want compensation. Fair play to you.

If I was being Mr Cynical from Cynical City I would suggest that the demand for compensation from Rangers is more to do with their lingering anger at the way they blew their opportunity to win the league.  Their manager blamed the postponed game at Dens for hindering their preparations before the Ross County game, which any sensible person knows is simply an excuse.  The hierarchy at Ibrox would be better served looking at why their manager and their players, that apparently can’t travel 80 miles without having to recharge their batteries overnight at a posh hotel, didn’t have the resolve and determination to successfully see out the season. 

It would appear @Glen Scotia doesn’t see it that way as he is standing firm with Rangers.

33 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

If the roles were reversed how many of you would be demanding Dundee got money? 

If the roles were reversed I’d be demanding to know why Dundee were paying for the staff and players to stay overnight in a 5 star hotel in Glasgow rather than the money being put to better use.  

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

If the roles were reversed I’d be demanding to know why Dundee were paying for the staff and players to stay overnight in a 5 star hotel in Glasgow rather than the money being put to better use.  

I don't know about you lot, but United have certainly used the 4-star Crowne Plaza for pre-match meals before games in Glasgow recently.

To an extent, I can understand a professional team having an overnight stay in advance of a Sunday 12pm ko, but would consider that a choice by the club rather than a necessity which would require compensation in these circumstances.

SPFL rule G55 says the following

G55 Without prejudice to any other sanctions, which may be imposed for a breach of Rules, a Club failing to fulfil a fixture obligation in terms of Rules G5 and/or G53 shall be liable to pay compensation for any expenses necessarily incurred by the opposing Club as a direct result of the failure. The amount of such compensation will be at the discretion of the Board which will consider every such case on its merits.

For me, the "necessarily incurred" is the key bit, and to deem the hotel stay "necessary" is ridiculous.

32 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't know about you lot, but United have certainly used the 4-star Crowne Plaza for pre-match meals before games in Glasgow recently.

To an extent, I can understand a professional team having an overnight stay in advance of a Sunday 12pm ko, but would consider that a choice by the club rather than a necessity which would require compensation in these circumstances.

SPFL rule G55 says the following

For me, the "necessarily incurred" is the key bit, and to deem the hotel stay "necessary" is ridiculous.

The compensation being payable under that rule would rely on Dundee having been found in breach of rule G5 and/or G53. Those rules relate to non-fulfilment of fixtures. 

Strictly speaking, we didn’t not fulfill the fixtures. At the appointed kick-off times, the fixtures no longer existed having been postponed. 

I’m sure those rules relate to “one team in Tallinn”-type scenarios. 

7 hours ago, andrewh said:

What happened with Deefiant?

He went missing with all the money and started coming out about some shite about his Mrs having to send it back.

Load of shite. Disappeared ever since which is ironic as soon Perth will be joining the likes of Hamilton, Morten and Livi with their 15K bounty.

Thank you.

McCowan to The Mash Tuns!? No. 

Rangers due compo!? £2.50. 

The usual bores and WUMs spouting shite!? Sadly yes. 

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Dundee should massively cut Sevco's ticket allocation for Dens next season.

No they should add a tenner a ticket and recoup ther money , then boycott st Johnstone the first game against them 

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

More than usual?

I think yes great idea.  2k at £25 a ticket should more than cover the amount you eejits have taking from us , you’d never try anything as desperate as that again , you’d be well out of pockets chunts 

Just now, Vernon gilmore said:

I think yes great idea.  2k at £25 a ticket should more than cover the amount you eejits have taking from us , you’d never try anything as desperate as that again , you’d be well out of pockets chunts 

They're on par with the ****, these village idiots, won't get a cent out of me next season, that much is certain, hopefully others follow suit.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

He went missing with all the money and started coming out about some shite about his Mrs having to send it back.

Load of shite. Disappeared ever since which is ironic as soon Perth will be joining the likes of Hamilton, Morten and Livi with their 15K bounty.

Thank you.

First bit tells me something of the story. Is the second bit some kind of prediction?