All things Dundee FC

I don’t think it’s fair to say that Cammy is ‘League One at best’ tbh, I’d say he’s a decent Championship squad player for a mid-table team, and was one of the few players that couldn’t be faulted by the Inverness fans last season while deputising in a less familiar role to him.

Very few put in as much effort consistently as he does, his energy levels are his best trait, and he’s pretty versatile as to where he can contribute, it’s just that the quality level just isn’t quite there and his energy alone isn’t enough to make up for that. Would do just fine at Ayr imo, about the perfect level for him.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, Wee jeemie said:

It was telling what ? I’ll answer that for you , it tells you he joined a team doomed to be relegated long before he joined in January , why can’t people leave the poor guy alone , okay he’s not good enough to play for us now we are hopefully looking to challenge for top 6 most seasons now , but he’s far to good for league one , he’s a pretty good championship player , and I hope Raith or Dunfermline come in for him that’s his standard , certainly not Alloa or Stenny as you suggest in league 1 

I've not got a personal vandetta out for him like a lot of Dundee fans do. Like I say I have respect for him as he gave everything for the club he loves. 

Raith, a team that are arguably going to be fighting for promotion again next season, certainly don't need Cammy Kerr. Far too good for league 1 seems a bit of a stretch for me, especially given some of the teams that have been down there recently. Maybe league one at best is a bit harsh for some but I don't think so, you look at players like Sean Dillon who, after Dundee United, played almost 200 games for Montrose. He isn't any better or worse than that mould of player. Would I be surprised if he got a championship side? Not really, I don't think there is much difference between a bottom championship side/top league 1 side.

It's hardly a far-fetched suggestion.

ETA - Inverness were not doomed to be relegated at all...they finished 3 points off 5th place ffs! There are a lot of factors in there that aren't just Cammy Kerr of course.

Edited by Pens_Dark

26 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

After announcing Byrne on a 2 year deal today a Dundee fan had put on X that another Dee is heading our way. Any ideas who, hopefully not Rudden.

Just a guess..... Max Anderson.

6 minutes ago, HulltoonDee said:

Murray needs to arrive, him and Mellon has a ring to it. Murray and Mellon. 

I think they both make the same runs and I’m unsure how well they would work with each other. Mellon has great potential to score many goals in the league if he becomes more confident and we play to his strengths. I’d take both as Murray can play out wide as well. Hopefully a target man who can finish will sign as well because I doubt Mellon would play every game against certain oppositions.

31 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Good to see you back my man, @johnnydun.

KaneHemmings.jpg.bb278349f892497f1d3a07624ce22837.jpg

Thank you.

And thank you for the kind words when I was offline.

I kept up to date but needed a break from posting for a couple of reasons that I don't want to bore you all with.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Thank you.

And thank you for the kind words when I was offline.

I kept up to date but needed a break from posting for a couple of reasons that I don't want to bore you all with.

Magic your back Johnny. You haven’t missed much, hopefully your return spawns some 🖊️ action. 

On 04/06/2024 at 09:22, rainbowrising said:

The badge is lost in there. Could be anything. Poor idea. My era however... 

SmartSelect_20240604_092052_Samsung Internet.jpg

Really like it without the shield just like this too. But for me it has to be the one we've gone for with the wreaths(?)

2730_dundee_fc_24_25_macron_warm_up_shirt_e.jpg

So fucking smart. Might have to get one.

Really can't see it myself but seen this this morning on the BBC gossip bit. Seen a couple people suggest selling Cameron of the two but with McCowan out of contract next summer that would be daft IMO. Get him extended and tell him he can move next summer if he replicates his form.

image.png.6036021c1768c7201d8b484ebacfcd5f.png

Edited by RawB93

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

Really like it without the shield just like this too. But for me it has to be the one we've gone for with the wreaths(?)

2730_dundee_fc_24_25_macron_warm_up_shirt_e.jpg

So fucking smart. Might have to get one.

Really can't see it myself but seen this this morning on the BBC gossip bit. Seen a couple people suggest selling Cameron of the two but with McCowan out of contract next summer that would be daft IMO. Get him extended and tell him he can move next summer if he replicates his form.

image.png.6036021c1768c7201d8b484ebacfcd5f.png

He’s a stand out in the Dundee team , but he’d be bench player at Celtic , probably last as long as Jack Henry did there 

7 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

He’s a stand out in the Dundee team , but he’d be bench player at Celtic , probably last as long as Jack Henry did there 

Jack Hendry has gone onto become an international player in one the two most successful Scotland sides of the last quarter of a century.  Rumour has it his current salary is also better than most Celtic players.  Are you trying to encourage McCowan to make the move? 

ETA If Celtic do want him and McCowan wants to try his luck elsewhere Celtic will wait until January and sign him on a pre-contract.  Alternatively they will offer an embarrassing Kamara type fee for him which we will likely accept.

Edited by Shadow Play

Cannot go on, punting important players to the arse cheek vultures, if we ever want to do or achieve anything. Under contract for a year, silly money or piss off. Difficult to replace the likes of him.

Thank you.

eta. Hopefully Luke signs an extension and gets his move next summer.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again