All things Dundee FC

I’ve always defended Cammy , thought he’d something to offer , but jeez have you saw his attempt to clear the ball before the Arbroath goal yesterday? He’s definitely gone backwards in the last couple of seasons 

4 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

My other team, Port Vale, have just signed a striker called Lorent Tolej (for a fee reputed to be £450K, which is big money for us).

According to Wikipedia he played a couple of times for you guys last season - any good (though the fact he only played twice perhaps answers my question for me)? 

Looked utterly out of his depth in the Championship up here, barely played and only thing I remember him contributing was scoring a penalty in a shootout loss to Raith in the Challenge Cup. 

Immediately goes back down south and tears it apart with Aldershot with more than 20 goals last season. 

Football is a total lottery sometimes, but I'm gonna guess he was totally out of sorts up north and is far more in his comfort zone down south, I'll be very interested in how he does at the Vale.

3 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I want to highlight again how much of an embarrassment “Section Dee” are to the club.

After the game yesterday a group of the 11/12 year old Ultras with the stupid black jumpers and balaclavas that are laughable stole the flags after chasing them down the streets. 

On repeat occasions they have caused trouble only against smaller teams because they are easily intimidated obviously because of how young they are. They were the cause of the young Dundee being scarred for life by the flare and it could have been a lot worse for him.

I’m relatively young and like the atmosphere at the away games and the chants everyone knows but this lot yet continue to sing about smoking Marajuana and taking Cocaine. In fair ness they will learn about Drugs when they get to around primary 5. 

The chants they come up with are terrible and that drum is so annoying. Only about 5 of them know it and they mumble it. It’s made me go to the main stand for some games to avoid it. They are trying to be like the Union bears or Red Star Belgrade ultras but if I’m an opposing fan or player am I f**k intimidating by that I’m pishing my self laughing at how embarrassing they are. 

The young fan that got injured you could tell was a true fan that is knowledgeable about the club at such a young age and he tries to bring an atmosphere but the rest go for the trouble. People will say yes but they are young, but it doesn’t matter as they will have the bug for bullying others and the adrenaline from shitting themselves to someone stronger. I’ve seen many ultras in they’re 30s fighting and I predict our youth will grow to be one of the most thuggish set of fans in Scotland. 

I guarantee they are pushing fans away from Dens and away games. The young fan could have easily decided that he didn’t want to risk going back to games after the incident and it could have happened to any other fan. Older fans also have been put off from going to the games. I hope that young Arbroath fan group are ok and continue going to games as I respect them for supporting their local and they were harmless and having a good time.

I hope we ban these bullies.

B11FF418-0E7B-4BD8-9F6D-B552305DCE24.jpeg

I've said it before but this Ultra scene is horrendous. Not just at Dens, but all over Scotland. It's popular at the moment with 11-18 year old though and they'll only realise the minter in years to come. There's no point in telling them otherwise, I imagine at that age I'd be thinking everyone against it was old fannies. You're not going to change their mind.

Anyone near that corner should move themselves along nearer the middle of the Derry. In games like the Derbies the small group of reprobates will be drowned out by the Dundee supporters who have been going for years. It'll all fizzle out.

Stealing flags and drums seems to be the common sight with this trend and it'll happen all season. Lot of shite.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I've said it before but this Ultra scene is horrendous. Not just at Dens, but all over Scotland. It's popular at the moment with 11-18 year old though and they'll only realise the minter in years to come. There's no point in telling them otherwise, I imagine at that age I'd be thinking everyone against it was old fannies. You're not going to change their mind.

Anyone near that corner should move themselves along nearer the middle of the Derry. In games like the Derbies the small group of reprobates will be drowned out by the Dundee supporters who have been going for years. It'll all fizzle out.

Stealing flags and drums seems to be the common sight with this trend and it'll happen all season. Lot of shite.

Thank you.

I hope they understand how unwanted they are.

1 minute ago, peebles_Dee said:

I hope they understand how unwanted they are.

It's a bunch of kids pre working age being melts. It's not really a huge issue. 

Where i sit in the derry i faintly hear the chants and drum but never have to cross the fuds. Move further along the Derry and you won't have to put up with them - problem solved. There's no need to be staying away or moving stand. 

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Where i sit in the derry i faintly hear the chants and drum but never have to cross the fuds. Move further along the Derry and you won't have to put up with them - problem solved. There's no need to be staying away or moving stand. 

Thank you. 

I should be able to sit where I want. There will be games where you can’t simply move along. I sit in the middle part as it is. I’m more bothered about their conduct that the club need to address.

43 minutes ago, Girth said:

So The Ginger Prince is off to Hibs not us!?

Thank you. 

I was sent that WhatsApp too. Not seen it confirmed?

Anyway I was keen for him to come but it’s not usually as good second time around. Hopefully we can get someone better. 

Still not convinced Murray is the man we need. We need a replacement for the player in the Bakayoko role whereas I think Murray would be replacing Tiffoney's role. It'd be great to upgrade on Tiffoney but it's not a priority IMO.

47 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you. 

People being forced to move because a bunch of neds have taken over a section isn't solving a problem. The problem is still there. Nothing is solved. They are a bunch of f**k wits. 

The price of going to a game is discussed many times and when you get this the "solution" is go somewhere else in the stadium. 

Nope. 

I wouldn't mind the wee Ultras group if they changed it up a bit with the songs or even just managed to drum in time with the singing.

In other news, dunno if it's just me, and I don't know why, but I have just felt a real disconnect with the club that has been building over the last 2 seasons.

40 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I wouldn't mind the wee Ultras group if they changed it up a bit with the songs or even just managed to drum in time with the singing.

In other news, dunno if it's just me, and I don't know why, but I have just felt a real disconnect with the club that has been building over the last 2 seasons.

If they weren’t 12/13 thugs, squeaky voices, promote drugs, harm their own fans, actually supported Dundee then I’m all for it.

Edited by peebles_Dee

It’s all fine well saying they’re daft wee laddies that hopefully get embarrassed by what they’re doing when they grow up.

The consequence of that is our ticket prices will go up when police demand more for policing the games, or when we keep getting fines. It’s something that needs nipped in the bud now before it gets too much. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Just means you're getting old.

7 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I want to highlight again how much of an embarrassment “Section Dee” are to the club.

After the game yesterday a group of the 11/12 year old Ultras with the stupid black jumpers and balaclavas that are laughable stole the flags after chasing them down the streets. 

On repeat occasions they have caused trouble only against smaller teams because they are easily intimidated obviously because of how young they are. They were the cause of the young Dundee being scarred for life by the flare and it could have been a lot worse for him.

I’m relatively young and like the atmosphere at the away games and the chants everyone knows but this lot yet continue to sing about smoking Marajuana and taking Cocaine. In fair ness they will learn about Drugs when they get to around primary 5. 

The chants they come up with are terrible and that drum is so annoying. Only about 5 of them know it and they mumble it. It’s made me go to the main stand for some games to avoid it. They are trying to be like the Union bears or Red Star Belgrade ultras but if I’m an opposing fan or player am I f**k intimidating by that I’m pishing my self laughing at how embarrassing they are. 

The young fan that got injured you could tell was a true fan that is knowledgeable about the club at such a young age and he tries to bring an atmosphere but the rest go for the trouble. People will say yes but they are young, but it doesn’t matter as they will have the bug for bullying others and the adrenaline from shitting themselves to someone stronger. I’ve seen many ultras in they’re 30s fighting and I predict our youth will grow to be one of the most thuggish set of fans in Scotland. 

I guarantee they are pushing fans away from Dens and away games. The young fan could have easily decided that he didn’t want to risk going back to games after the incident and it could have happened to any other fan. Older fans also have been put off from going to the games. I hope that young Arbroath fan group are ok and continue going to games as I respect them for supporting their local and they were harmless and having a good time.

I hope we ban these bullies.

B11FF418-0E7B-4BD8-9F6D-B552305DCE24.jpeg

Agree with you that the ultra scene is a worrying trend if it’s going to result in an increase in violence.  

I note that you say you are relatively young.  The songs sung in the ‘80s & ‘90s were far more offensive than references to drugs.  The violence was also on another level.  Acid attacks, slashings and brutal tit-for-tat beatings were not uncommon.  There was also a CS canister thrown into the away support at Easter Road when Hibs played Celtic and a petrol bomb thrown at the Aberdeen Soccer Casuals in Princes Street in front of numerous shoppers. 

We really don’t want things to go back to the way things were.