All things Dundee FC

45 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, looks like a load of nonsense, unfortunately.

There is a reason for some nonsense. I’m still involved in football and have lots of contacts. Some info I get is for favours for others but a lot is genuine like the Robertson, McCracken, palmer Houlden and Ingram. I even get a lot of Ross county info and one correct the other day. I’ve even said myself that some I don’t see why it would be true but it’s a transfer window and people like rumours. Some of its second hand which decreases reliability and also some sources like my pal who’s a hit or miss.

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

Is he sharing a car with Megwa on his way to the city?

Unsure. County like him as well. He done well against Watford after been giving a chance. All the Hibs fans now impressed after slating him. They do have Cadden and Miller tho. Probaly depends on if he wants game time or want to fight for a place.

11 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

There is a reason for some nonsense. I’m still involved in football and have lots of contacts. Some info I get is for favours for others but a lot is genuine like the Robertson, McCracken, palmer Houlden and Ingram. I even get a lot of Ross county info and one correct the other day. I’ve even said myself that some I don’t see why it would be true but it’s a transfer window and people like rumours. Some of its second hand which decreases reliability and also some sources like my pal who’s a hit or miss.

There's a difference between genuine rumours and posting 'guess who's beck' after hearing it second hand off some hit or miss roaster from Peebles.

Load of shite IMO. 

Thank you.

Don't know why you'd keep mentioning Barry Douglas aswell. I'd be astonished if a manager with some actual sense in The Doc would sign someone with two appearances in the last year and turning 35 in September. Willing to fall on my sword on that one aswell. Nonsense.

Thank you.

29 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Don't mind the rumours, but you basically said 'Beck is back', is this a fact and you're 100% certain? If not you shouldn't be posting it. IMO.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

This Peebles boy has been spouting pish for a while sorry to call it out. Feel free to tell me I'm a daft c**t if Beck returns but not believing it for a minute.

Thank you.

Harsh, but fair. 

8 minutes ago, Numptdee said:

So turns out then that Peebles is just another one of those guys in the pub thats cousin knows a guy that heard from a guy in tesco. 

The guy in Tesco told me about Palmer-Houlden 

To be fair to Peebles, he was spot on a couple of times earlier in the thread and he randomly called Ross County signing Jack Grieves about 2 weeks before it became public over on their thread.

But aye, as said above Peebles, if Beck doesn't now sign, you're dead to me. There's just some things you don't joke about with fellow Dees.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair to Peebles, he was spot on a couple of times earlier in the thread and he randomly called Ross County signing Alex Grieves about 2 weeks before it became public over on their thread.

But aye, as said above Peebles, if Beck doesn't now sign, you're dead to me. There's just some things you don't joke about with fellow Dees.

He also told St Johnstone fans they'd signed some boy that'd signed for another team two weeks prior.

34 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

If this comes to pass there’ll be a few of us with red faces!

Aye. Genuinely thought it was ridiculous to suggest Beck coming back to Dens and said as much, but if it turns out to be true I'll 

1. Be over the moon

2. Happily admit I was spectacularly wrong

3. Start greetin when he no doubt picks up an injury in August and ends up oot for the season

2 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Unsure. County like him as well. He done well against Watford after been giving a chance. All the Hibs fans now impressed after slating him. They do have Cadden and Miller tho. Probaly depends on if he wants game time or want to fight for a place.

Just you said United have signed him "100% sure" 

I have no inside knowledge but I think we are going to see a multiple signings day (like 3+) and we’re going to pleasantly surprised with the quality. 
I’ve just got a lot of faith in the Doc.