All things Dundee FC

5 hours ago, mo83 said:

Alright people!

With the season fast approaching we have done pretty well over the past couple years helping your young players develop i.e Lyle Cameron and Luke Graham for example......Who can we have next?

Possibly a young midfielder called Lochead who’s apparently got English Premiership club’s scouting him. 

Docherty’s presser he got asked about signings and Beck. In a nutshell he said it’s unlikely Owen will be back at Dens and it’s all the media stories have come from a rumour, not facts. Also said there’s a strategy, like selling Max, to make way for new signings. Said they’re now able to make new signings that will be quality not quantity and hoping there will be movement next week.

Docherty's quotes in the written media:

Are you close to adding anyone?

"Hopefully. We know where we need to strengthen but it is important to emphasise we know where we are strong. I couldn’t be more pleased with the way we dug out the win on Tuesday. We are still looking to do quite a bit of business. The window is still open for another five weeks so there is a need for patience. We know what we need to get and we’ll endeavour to do that, get the right the right players and the right people to come into a strong, healthy squad.We need to enhance it.”

Are you trying to sign Scott Fraser?

We get linked with loads. I always say, and people maybe don’t like it, but until it’s official I won’t confirm anything. We get linked with players, that is par for the course. Trust me we are working diligently in the background to add the players we need.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Docherty's quotes in the written media:

Are you close to adding anyone?

Are you trying to sign Scott Fraser?

Can’t help but think the links with Scott Fraser are true and it’s because we are gearing up for losing McCowan or Cameron. Most likely McCowan imo. 

Docherty's transfer related DeeTV comments:

Asked if Max Anderson leaving was always planned:

We have got a strategy to make sure we make way for players that are gonna be coming in, so we've done that.  I think we've done that really well. So we now have an opportunity to bring in players to strengthen what is a really strong squad. I've always said it's about quality rather than quantity and we are at that stage now and once we have official announcements to make, we'll do that.

Is there anyone else that'd be beneficial for the club and player if they left?

Nah, there's moving parts all the time when you're in the recruitment process so we'll keep that in house. But we are always looking to improve and develop. To do that, you're always looking to improve upon your staff but it's a robust process.

What's your thoughts on Football Scotland's 'Owen Beck Dundee transfer put to bed' article?

It's unlikely (that Beck will join). I don't deal with rumours or speculation though and that's just another story that's came from a rumour. Everyone knows I have a good relationship with Owen Beck.

Is there room for an Owen Beck in your squad?

*Laughing* Purely rumour and speculation!

Overall, how many signings would you like to make?

Don't want to put a number on it but would like to reemphasise we have a really strong squad but hopefully there'll be some movement next week.

Are you happy with your strikers getting off the mark?

In an offensive way, I'm really pleased with what we've got. I'm not saying we won't add to that. You need a balance with the type of strikers and I'm very pleased with that and we've got good creative midfielders behind that and really positive wing backs.  But again, as I stress, we're always looking to get better in terms of development and improve.

In non transfer related stuff, he says he hopes Clark Robertson & Charlie Reilly will be back for the first international break.

So those rumours were a steaming pile of shite then?

Not the Beck ones but actually signing someone today.

I get we need to be patient but I don't want us waiting to transfer deadline day with the season almost 4 weeks old by then and us playing catch up.

2 hours ago, kent dee said:

One more just because 😍 can’t tell to get back 

IMG_3384.jpeg

Immediately thought there was something odd about this photo, then realised I still expect to see the Multis 😆

Development squad goalie Ruaridh Lynch joins Cowdenbeath on loan. Think that's the first young lad we've sent out on loan unless I've missed any, feels pretty late for us.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/lynch-moves/

I am posting about this mainly cos there's f**k all else to seriously post about, which is frustrating as I'd really hoped we'd have signed someone today. Hopefully we don't faff about tomorrow and get ourselves seeded, my first game of the season and a bit of a novelty at that at the Hedge.

If nothing else, it'll be fun to throw a few jibes at Big Dunc. From afar, naturally.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

16 minutes ago, Girth said:

Looks like we're playing absolutely liquid football. 

Thank you. 

Big DAB Dunc getting fucked over by The Derry massive.

You love to see it.