All things Dundee FC

57 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really good article. The planning process is diabolical, there’s a tendency to disallow stuff, if there’s objections as applicants can appeal decisions to the Scottish government appeals board, then if it is passed they can say ‘wasn’t us lads’. The appeal is costly (particularly for small developments) and time consuming. Despite this they still permit absolute shite to be built. Very frustrating for developers, although they’re mostly cuntos too. 

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Ahkeem Rose - any good chaps? 

Thank you.  

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Is he signing for Dundee? That'd be unexpected. 

I liked him, even though he never really got fit in his time with us and had to play through injuries, which meant that he wasn't great when defending and couldn't last 90 minutes. A decent goalscorer in League One, though, scoring a variety of goals, and I thought his linkup play was pretty decent despite Rankin saying otherwise. 

I'd be shocked if he cuts it in the Premiership. Hopefully he's just a plant to bring the club down from the inside. 

@Girth Your scouting bearing fruit?

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Probably a fine signing for a sixth-tier English side, but I would not be doing somersaults if we signed Rose!

I'd never heard of him beforehand tbh.

4 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

A LB, DM and attacking player is needed desperately 

We've just signed a LB - can't see us signing another probably just run with a few CH's that can play in that position in a pinch such as Donnelly, Robertson (when fit) and Graham.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've just signed a LB - can't see us signing another probably just run with a few CH's that can play in that position in a pinch such as Donnelly, Robertson (when fit) and Graham.

I’m unsure that we will sign Donnelly. I think we need another LWB for competition. It depends on what formation Docherty wants to play and where he thinks people play. We could see a LB, CB, CM and RW.

Just now, peebles_Dee said:

I’m unsure that we will sign Donnelly. I think we need another LWB for competition. It depends on what formation Docherty wants to play and where he thinks people play. We could see a LB, CB, CM and RW.

We didn't last season until Beck left in January tbf.

1 minute ago, peebles_Dee said:

Beck didn’t need competition. Reilly will be back shortly hopefully.

I don't think Larkeche will be dropped or need competition.

11 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Genuine question -

What on earth has given rise to this notion that Charlie Reilly is going to be playing LWB/FB?

Yes where did this sudden claim come from ? 

1 minute ago, Wee jeemie said:

Yes where did this sudden claim come from ? 

14 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Genuine question -

What on earth has given rise to this notion that Charlie Reilly is going to be playing LWB/FB?

Not as a FB. Reilly as a baller and he can definitely play LWB if he has defensive cover.

18 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Genuine question -

He came on as a sub a couple of times in that position last season and was very good. Granted it was very limited game time.