All things Dundee FC

40 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You should know what happens when you sell your best players for peanuts to a league rival Beardy.

Jackie McNamara has been unveiled as the new boss of Dundee United |  Football News | Sky Sports

Thank you.

With that twat being his agent, he will be pushing for £1.5m.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m just looking at the £6.75M for Miovski.  How many years did he have on his contract and have you any idea how much he was being paid?

Miovski is only 17 months younger than McCowan as well - not unreasonable to be looking for more than the reported £750k even with a year left on his contract compared to Miovski's 2 years.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m just looking at the £6.75M for Miovski.  How many years did he have on his contract and have you any idea how much he was being paid?

Rumoured to be anything from £5000 to £8000. Had two years left.

2 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Also you have to consider he’s a Macedonia international too with 20 odd appearances to his name 

Garry Kenneth was an international player.  Mind you it was only for Scotland I suppose.

20 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Rumoured to be anything from £5000 to £8000. Had two years left.

That’s a fair amount but it’s proved to be incredibly good value both in terms of what he brought to the club as a player and now the transfer fee.  Just think, you could have ended up with Tony Watt for the same wages.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Goalscorer premium, but also I'd question how much of that £6.75M is cash up front, and if the bulk of it is not totally unobtainable "if he scores X thousand goals another XXX amount becomes payable" clauses. 

"Big" transfers are rarely for the amounts released to the media. It's all about talking up your players.

Celtic are gearing up for a bid now that they've got Idah over the line. Well, that'll be Hibs f**ked after all their mucking about.

21 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

That’s a fair amount but it’s proved to be incredibly good value both in terms of what he brought to the club as a player and now the transfer fee.  Just think, you could have ended up with Tony Watt for the same wages.

🤣

We were pretty good at giving Ferguson and McKenna consistent rises, even for no extra time on the contract to maximise the value.

12 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Goalscorer premium, but also I'd question how much of that £6.75M is cash up front, and if the bulk of it is not totally unobtainable "if he scores X thousand goals another XXX amount becomes payable" clauses. 

"Big" transfers are rarely for the amounts released to the media. It's all about talking up your players.

We've been pretty good with add ons, to be honest. We gained at least an extra £2m from Nottingham Forest gaining promotion and then avoiding relegation.

We won't have accepted something daft just for the sake of it.

7 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

🤣

We were pretty good at giving Ferguson and McKenna consistent rises, even for no extra time on the contract to maximise the value.

We've been pretty good with add ons, to be honest. We gained at least an extra £2m from Nottingham Forest gaining promotion and then avoiding relegation.

Makes good business sense, be why no one at Dens in the last 4 decades considered it.

Hopefully we’re coming to the end of that era 

Selling him for £1M just about adds up to me but less than that, not so. There’s league positions and cup runs, never mind relegation risk, as others have said but when you also consider we may need to spend £300k getting someone decent in, and possibly pay them £2k a week more than McCowan’s getting, that’s costing us £400k of the fee over the next 12 months and the incoming player might be shite. 

54 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

🤣

No, I don't expect you will have. That was just a point to clarify that "£xxxmillion" transfers quoted in the media are rarely an accurate picture of the amount of hard cash actually handed over, and more normally that is the total potential value of the transfer after all payment instalments are made, and only if all criterion, future clauses and so on are met.

So aye, it's legit for Aberdeen to claim they've sold Miovski for "£6.75million", but in reality I doubt you'll find a transfer for anything like that sum hitting the bank any time soon. I'm not attempting to play down or belittle anything here, that's just the reality of how transfers work, and how clubs slightly bend the truth in order to big themselves and their players up.

If we sold McCowan to Hibs for 800k,  I highly doubt that would involve an 800k bank transfer between the two clubs, but it would still be announced as an "800k" transfer "fee".

21 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

No, I don't expect you will have. That was just a point to clarify that "£xxxmillion" transfers quoted in the media are rarely an accurate picture of the amount of hard cash actually handed over, and more normally that is the total potential value of the transfer after all payment instalments are made, and only if all criterion, future clauses and so on are met.

So aye, it's legit for Aberdeen to claim they've sold Miovski for "£6.75million", but in reality I doubt you'll find a transfer for anything like that sum hitting the bank any time soon. I'm not attempting to play down or belittle anything here, that's just the reality of how transfers work, and how clubs slightly bend the truth in order to big themselves and their players up.

If we sold McCowan to Hibs for 800k,  I highly doubt that would involve an 800k bank transfer between the two clubs, but it would still be announced as an "800k" transfer "fee".

The actual feeling will likely be in installments before you even take the add ons into account.

I remember when we sold Douglas to Celtic and the Marr’s asked for the cheque to be made out to Oranges and Lemons* No add ons or instalments with Jimmy and Peter. 

* allegedly 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Celtic are gearing up for a bid now that they've got Idah over the line. Well, that'll be Hibs f**ked after all their mucking about.

Sun reporting you’ve rejected our £750k. 

Better hope we have another midfielder in mind. 

4 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Garry Kenneth was an international player.  Mind you it was only for Scotland I suppose.

Now was Garry Kenneth not a decent enough player outside of injury, mind you i may be getting him mixed up with someone else

6 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Now was Garry Kenneth not a decent enough player outside of injury, mind you i may be getting him mixed up with someone else

You must be.