All things Dundee FC

55 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

I must have missed Koumetio’s killer passes 

Cant remember one

Think he’d be swarmed all over in midfield 

Off the top of my head the penultimate pass for Cameron’s shot on target in the 2nd half was a great threaded pass.

4 hours ago, MarkoP said:

I must have missed Koumetio’s killer passes 

Cant remember one

Think he’d be swarmed all over in midfield 

To be fair to him, his passing forward is always very composed and accurate.

It's his defending that let's him down.

Despite clearly being at fault for the first and contributing to the second conceded I actually thought big Billy played well again. He's still a young lad and he will improve for sure but his lack of concentration at times is a problem. He's an out and out CH though in my opinion and his passing from the back can be a great asset to the team.

If Robertson stays fit and plays like he did on Saturday he will definitely help steady the ship but we simply must stop conceding so many poor goals or it's going to be a long season ahead

32 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Charlie Reilly away to icey tea on loan  till January 

Disappointing to see him drop down a league from his last loan move after anticipating seeing him in the team this year. Hope he smashes it nonetheless!

That's an utterly baffling loan move. Basket case of a club playing in the third tier, when it's being reported there were at least three Championship clubs trying to loan him as well.

The only thing I can think of in play here is that his injury/playing readiness is so severe/totally off that they want him playing at as low a level as possible between now and January, kinda like how Tyler French went from being one of the better players in the 1st 11 to being punted out to Morton.

Edited by Boo Khaki

37 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That's an utterly baffling loan move. Basket case of a club playing in the third tier, when it's being reported there were at least three Championship clubs trying to loan him as well.

The only thing I can think of in play here is that his injury/playing readiness is so severe/totally off that they want him playing at as low a level as possible between now and January, kinda like how Tyler French went from being one of the better players in the 1st 11 to being punted out to Morton.

I think Dundee just want him to get plenty of game time. They are part time so he can train with us and play in reserves. Inverness beat 3 championship teams to sign him.

4 hours ago, Luke Newman said:

I think Dundee just want him to get plenty of game time. They are part time so he can train with us and play in reserves. Inverness beat 3 championship teams to sign him.

Inverness aren't part time. Not as far as I'm aware anyway.

This will be about getting him back to fitness and at a level that will be more comfortable for him to return from injury. If he comes back in January with no injury issues he either plays a part for us or steps up a level to play for a championship side in the second half of the season.

Seems like a sensible move.

Edited by Pens_Dark

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Inverness aren't part time. Not as far as I'm aware anyway.

This will be about getting him back from fitness and at a level that will be more comfortable for him to return from injury from. If he comes back in January with no injury issues he either plays a part for us or steps up a level to play for a championship side in the second half of the season.

Seems like a sensible move.

Each time he has played he has made an impact. I reckon it will be just to get his fitness and strength up and then we will see him play in January.

3 hours ago, Doormin said:

Seems a pretty sensible move. Full time without that much travel (if they are still training g in Kelty) with a team that should be winning g more than they lose. Good luck to the laddie. 

Pretty sure that was the first thing Savage canned after ripping the reins from that p***k Gardiner.

I’ve got a feeling Docherty will change it up on Saturday. I reckon we might see a change of formation. Maybe similar to the idea I posted a few days ago. Docherty has said before that he had to change his set pieces due to McIness being too familiar with it. Killie have a unit of defenders who I think will deal with Tiffoney and Murray quite easily. Main I could see start for some physicality. I reckon we will play with one extra midfielder because Killie usually play with 2 midfielders. Maybe Docherty will play Adewumi or Vetro who Killie won’t know much about.

I fear Mo being missing means McGhee in midfield, assuming he's fit, and if not, god knows who Doc will throw in there. Robertson the next most obvious candidate, despite doing none of the things that actually makes a holding midfielder while still, somehow, being viewed as a deep midfielder.

We really needed a Mo back-up more than anything else at the end of the window.

Hopefully now we've got Robertson and Fraser we can settle on a standard line up, don't think chopping and changing every week is any good, think Tiffoney and Murray up front is too lightweight as well, would go Murray and Main/PH.