All things Dundee FC

Great touch from Wighton initially to get it under control, the back heel is even better. Glad he's getting good reviews there. Will be an important player for us next year, and hopefully many more if he keeps progressing. Anyone know how long his loan is? I seem to recall it's only short term, might even play a part this season.

I read Hendrie was out of contract at the end of the season. Surely if they could get £2m for someone who can leave for nothing in 6 months, we can get a bit more than £200k for CW. Didn't he sign a new deal earlier on in the season?

Hoping we reject anything less than £1m. If we're serious about focusing on youths then we need to try and keep a hold of our best prospect in years.

No official bid has been made for Hendrie so it's a bit useless using that as a reference point.

I am confident he will improve and time is still on his side. We're not in need of cash at the moment so I hope we don't jump to any stupid decisions over this. (Eta: if it proves to be true) Hopefully he does well at Brechin and I could see him even being loaned out again next season, which is what I would do. Hopefully a top half of the championship team like Falkirk, Queens or St. Mirren :P It did Stevie May the world of good.

Edited by RawB93

No official bid has been made for Hendrie so it's a bit useless using that as a reference point.

I am confident he will improve and time is still on his side. We're not in need of cash at the moment so I hope we don't jump to any stupid decisions over this. (Eta: if it proves to be true) Hopefully he does well at Brechin and I could see him even being loaned out again next season, which is what I would do. Hopefully a top half of the championship team like Falkirk, Queens or St. Mirren :P It did Stevie May the world of good.

Not really useless at all, regardless of when the official bid comes it will be a lot more substancial due to him playing 150+ first team games and proving he can cut it at this level (not my opinion) where as Wighton has not had the chance to shine in our first team even though he has looked good enough anytime he has played.

So the point is if Wighton has 100 first team games under his belt you can command a higher fee.

Stevie May played for St Johnstone for a year and they didn't quite fetch £1million did they?

£800k plus reported sell on percentages. He was in the last year of his contract too.