All things Dundee FC

I don't see us signing O'Donnell not seeing Irvine is in the form he is. We need a left-back as I said previously to provide competition for Dyer if Irvine can't swapped over because of injuries further down the pecking order. Wouldn't be against someone like Tesselar, Hendrie or Easton. depending on what happens to their clubs this season.

Tesselar - likely available for next to free at the end of the season if St. Mirren go down.

Easton - Might fancy another go at Dundee if we beat St. Johnstone to the top 6.

Hendrie - Already seen his West Ham move fall through, wanted down south but if nothing materializes may be an option (not sure on the state of his contract)

The other option is we look to loan someone in from down south, nothing has yet materialized with our links down there.

Id be surprised if Eastons next move was to a fellow Premiership side, unless we get relegated

I don't see us signing O'Donnell not seeing Irvine is in the form he is. We need a left-back as I said previously to provide competition for Dyer if Irvine can't swapped over because of injuries further down the pecking order. Wouldn't be against someone like Tesselar, Hendrie or Easton. depending on what happens to their clubs this season.

Tesselar - likely available for next to free at the end of the season if St. Mirren go down.

Easton - Might fancy another go at Dundee if we beat St. Johnstone to the top 6.

Hendrie - Already seen his West Ham move fall through, wanted down south but if nothing materializes may be an option (not sure on the state of his contract)

The other option is we look to loan someone in from down south, nothing has yet materialized with our links down there.

I'd take Kevin Holt (22) from Queen of the South who's contract is up but. If we can get someone in who's a bit more established, I'd like to see us bring in younger competition.

Jackson Longridge (19) at Stranraer seems to be having a terrific season and has been improving quite a bit, might be worth a try. Been linked to Hibs earlier in the season. Barry Douglas and Andy Robertson both signed for United from fourth tier level so you never know what sort of gems you can come up with. If he's bad then it won't be too much of a burden on the wage bill and at least we wouldn't be relying on him.

Goodnight sweet Shakespearean looking prince. I will always remember you as being the most nervous looking man I have ever seen in that tunnel before that game.

He's the only keeper I've seen who made Kelvin Jack look confident.

Hung oot tae dry

Schenk was let down and will be remembered as the fall guy for a collective failure. The whole defence had a nightmare that day, with the midfield little better. It was a shitstorm of bad luck for Schenk; a high visibility, high pressure match, team-mates having a collective 'mare, and in the first minute a freakish goal that was poorly defended by others. Everyone else involved has gone some way towards rescuing their reputation since then. Unfortunately for Schenk, he never had the chance.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

Schenk was let down and will be remembered as the fall guy for a collective failure. The whole defence had a nightmare that day, with the midfield little better. It was a shitstorm of bad luck for Schenk; a high visibility, high pressure match, team-mates having a collective 'mare, and in the first minute a freakish goal that was poorly defended by others. Everyone else involved has gone some way towards rescuing their reputation since then. Unfortunately for Schenk, he never had the chance.

Far too reasonable Rumple... we need a scapegoat for that grimm fairy tale horror in the New Year, and a skinny ogre from Hansel and Gretel land is the perfect victim for our blue tinted ire. Exile him away from the clutches of the wicked witch of Tannadice and let him prosper in the flatulent swamp of ogre joy where he can dream sweetly of Fiona and forget New Year in Dundee.

Far too reasonable Rumple... we need a scapegoat for that grimm fairy tale horror in the New Year, and a skinny ogre from Hansel and Gretel land is the perfect victim for our blue tinted ire. Exile him away from the clutches of the wicked witch of Tannadice and let him prosper in the flatulent swamp of ogre joy where he can dream sweetly of Fiona and forget New Year in Dundee.

From what I heard a manager of revered memory down Tannadice way used to favour the scapegoat theory of man management. I worked with a lass whose brother played for United. After a bad result the said manager was liable to pick out someone and say things like.

"See this b*****d? Look at him! This is the b*****d who cost the rest of you your bonus!"

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

From what I heard a manager of revered memory down Tannadice way used to favour the scapegoat theory of man management. I worked with a lass whose brother played for United. After a bad result the said manager was liable to pick out someone and say things like.

"See this b*****d? Look at him! This is the b*****d who cost the rest of you your bonus!"

Can't beat modern management techniques. That revered manager must have attended the J McLean school of delicate debate and motivation.

Apparently Jocky Scott has turned down the chance to coach our under 14's team, according to the Facebook page.

Not the official page mind, but if that's true, we have some gall asking him to coach the U14's; that's fucking insulting.