All things Dundee FC

Looking at the squad- who do you think will go in the summer? Never nice to see any of them go but I think there could be a few off-

Letheren, DAVO, Barra, Boyle, Dyer, Clarky and Heff I think might be gone. Sad to see some of our champs go but I don't think they are premiership level even as squad players.

Ferry will retire to a life of being a really suave cùnt 8)

I've heard he'll be retiring and he's got some clothing business on the side. Might play part time but I think injuries have forced an early retirement. Think with Thomson, McGinn, McGowan and McAlister we've got plenty cover in there for next year. Maybe add another one since Thomson will probably not be able to play the full season.

Hartley will leave us once he's finished the 'swing' as it were. As soon as he senses a downturn at the club or a period where he can't live up to his own high standards, he'll be off to other things. It's what all good managers do.

Ian Murray is looking like he's becoming a victim of his own success at Dumbarton for example.

Or as soon as the going gets tough in other words.

TheDarkBlues forum managed to interview Scott Bain (Thanks to BlueDee on here/admin on TDB), here's the result:

TDB: Which club did you support as a boy and do you still look out for their results/get along to games when you can?

Scott: Being from Edinburgh I grew up a Hearts fan, My mates a big fan so sometimes head along with him to games whenever I'm off. Going on Sunday so hopefully be 2 Derby wins in a week for me.

TDB: If not a goal keeper what position would/could, you play in the outfield successfully?

Scott: I like to think so, probably sitting midfielder! I used to play outfield in training my last year at Aberdeen when there was odd numbers, and did the same when I was away with the Scotland 21s, like to think I held my own.

TDB: Who has had the biggest influence on your playing career so far?

Scott: I think the Gaffer, I wouldn't be at Dundee if it wasn't for him, so grateful for his belief in me.

TDB: Who is your favourite goalkeeper of all time and why?

Scott: Casillas & Buffon, they are just chilled and made the game look easy when they were in their prime. I'm a pretty relaxed guy but think these could play the game in their slippers!

TDB: How have you found it at Dundee since stepping up and do you think the club are heading in the right direction?

Scott: I've taken the step up easier than I thought, I think u always have a wee doubt if u can handle the standard until you play a few games but more than happy with my season. Yes the club are definitely heading in the right direction from what I've seen, the manager will always attract good players.

TDB: Given that most of the current team were put together over the summer, how long did it take for everybody to kinda come together and gel as a squad?

Scott: Probably our trip away Preseason was when we gelled off the pitch, but of course playing games and with training everyday you gel on the pitch pretty quickly. It doesn't take long with good players.

TDB: What targets (if any) are you setting for yourself during your time at Dens?

Scott: I don't know, my targets this season was to get in and make the number 1 jersey mine. I'll probably have a think when I'm off in the summer and set a new target. Obviously you always want to be known as one of the best at a club but I have a long way to go till then.

TDB: What in your own opinion has been your best performance so far this season and What has been your most memorable save this season??

Scott: I think Celtic away, mainly because it was my first trip to Parkhead. We were unlucky not to take something from the game that day. Most memorable save was probably Aberdeen in the cup, and was probably the one that people stood up and took notice of me with it being on TV. Best win was the Derby without a shadow though amazing night!

TDB: Who in your opinion is the best player at the club and who at the club has got the best shot on them in training??

Scott: Kevin Thomson the guy is a class act! He's been unlucky with injuries but we are a different team when he plays and to be honest thought he was the difference in the Derby win! Best shot, probably Greg Stewart he can put the ball where he wants.

TDB: Who's the best all round player you have played with?

Scott: Thommo again, he would still be in England if he wasn't so unlucky with injuries. Top player

TDB: What's the best advice you've been given to improve/progress as a goal keeper?

Scott: I can't remember 1 piece of advice, I think the best advice I can give to young keepers is to play games. That's how you learn the game, yes you need the basics but none of that matters if you can't read the game and different situations.

TDB: What was the main factor in you deciding to extend your stay at Dens to 2018?

Scott: There wasn't 1 factor. Like I said above if I want to fulfil my potential I need to play every week and Dundee is a place I can do that. It's a great club to be apart of ambitious and hopefully exciting times are ahead for the club and the fans.

TDB: With the so called big clubs in Scotland ie: Celtic and Rangers, do you think you will ever be interested in ever going to them, or will you stick out your time at Dens and hopefully go down south just like Speroni did? Who is now regarded as a Dee Legend!

Scott: Haha! I honestly don't know. As a player you want to play at the highest level possible but I think whatever happens and whatever comes up it has to be right for my career and my progression and like I said Dens is where that is.

TDB: What's your favourite album of all time?

Scott: Craig David - Born To Do It

TDB: Ronaldo or Messi?

Scott: Messi

TDB: What's your favourite.... Red or Brown sauce?

Scott: I'm from Edinburgh so chippy sauce

TDB: Do you think Alloa will stay up this season?

Scott: I hope so, but will be difficult they have a tough run of games. I think if they had won the cup that could have given them a boost till the end of the season. They have enough good players to stay up

To see the actual thread, click the link. Link.

Great that top 6 is confirmed, surpassing my prediction of 7/8th (Motherwell's demise and maybe one of the other teams near the bottom last year to put in a good run). Huge achievement for Hartley and this against a backdrop of a pretty poor season injury wise.