All things Dundee FC

Davo and McBride were always going to be leaving.

I have a funny feeling that he may have been brought into replace McGinn rather than Jim.

I would imagine low coming from Aberdeen will be looking for regular game time and with Thomson, McGowan, McGinn and Harkins I don't think we could guarantee him that. Or I might just be talking shite

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Can't see it being McGinn being the one shunted, at all, not unless we've been told we can't afford him.

I didn't mean it as in McGinn being shunted I think it might be more the case that we will struggle to hold onto him.

As was mentioned before he has said he has unfinished business down south and would imagine he would be a high earner.

I'm loving that Hartley is sorting the team for next season early. Been far too many cases of last minute panic buys over the last few years. Is that 3 pca's we now have?

Yes.

Loy, Meggatt and Low.

Very disappointed. I would have him in our midfield alongside Jack instead of Flood everyday of the week because he is a better player and can actually pick out an attacking pass. Games against Dundee next season are going to be a struggle if we have Flood up against Low. Cracking signing for Dundee.

I wouldn't get too excited to be perfectly honest. He's a very likable character and has the 'good to have around the place' vibe about him. Runs around a lot and is a general nuisance, so he's a player that fans instantly warm to. Ability wise, he's certainly got something about him but he simply isn't good enough for us, I think mid table is about his level. He'll do well, but I feel he's getting overhyped a wee bit.

Nicky Low transformed Aberdeen's midfield when he came on at half time in the game in which we were relegated two years ago. Pleasing signing. :-)

He replaced Stephen Hughes in that game. I remember being rather uncomplimentary in my comparison of the two in my report. Hughes was ineffective and invisible except when he made conspicuous mistakes. Low injected some badly needed dig and vigour into the Dons' performance and it changed the game.

Was my man of the match that day even though he only come on the 2nd half. Think he has been very unlucky at Aberdeen to have Jack, Flood, Robson and now McLean ahead of him. Decent player gives his all for us but sadly too many good midfielders in our team now. Shame he has been injured for most of the season but I wish him well apart from playing against us.

Edited by betting competition

Superb signing for you, Nicky Low. Disappointed to see him go. He's got a superb left foot on him, passing range is good, tenacious, works extremely hard and is a superb character.

Unlucky with injuries at key times during the last two seasons with us, and his right peg is definitely mainly for standing on. However, he seemed to compliment Jack better than any other midfielder at the club so it's disappointing to lose him. A future Derry favourite I predict.

Superb signing for you, Nicky Low. Disappointed to see him go. He's got a superb left foot on him, passing range is good, tenacious, works extremely hard and is a superb character.

Unlucky with injuries at key times during the last two seasons with us, and his right peg is definitely mainly for standing on. However, he seemed to compliment Jack better than any other midfielder at the club so it's disappointing to lose him. A future Derry favourite I predict.

From what I read sounds very similar to Paul McGowan which will give us plenty of dig in midfield for next year with most likely harkins at rhe front of them with thomson holding which is a strong midfield. Very pleased with the signing and hopefully stays injury free.

Is he similar to gowser?

Surely he can make it back - Airdrie is not that far. Anyone got McGowan's stats for league games this season to hand. I feel we play much better with him in the side and could do with him for the Tayside derby this weekend