All things Dundee FC

Worried about this. St Johnstone fan I know says he's on £7k a week :(

I heard £4k a week.

Even for Dundee and their excesses, that seems like a lot.

On a more serious note, that's a very good signing on paper. He's played (and done well) beside Stewart before. Dropping Clarkson and Heffernan for him seems quite astute business.

Cow-DEE-nbeath :(

Interesting signing we had him on trial but passed up on him in our first season up.

Went on to score a barrowload for the Miners where we struggled to finish teams off.

Seeing how him and GS perform will be interesting viewing.

I do now have a niggling fear that we have neglected something, but this signing surely sees the end to 4-2-3-1 being our only option.

Stewart on the left cutting in, A N Other on the right, GGH in behind the pairing of Loy and Hemmings?

----------------Bain---------------

-McGinn-Konrad-McPake-Holt-

----------------Low---------------

------------------------------------

X--------------GGH------Stewart

------Hemmings-Loy------------

Doing that it shows that we have an abundance of attacking players (aside from the right side), and not enough room for McAlister, Thomson, HHC and any other midfielders we have.

I'm lost as to what we will start with already. f**k, it might even be 4-2-3-1 with Hemmings/Loy rotation. I give up.

I do now have a niggling fear that we have neglected something, but this signing surely sees the end to 4-2-3-1 being our only option.

Stewart on the left cutting in, A N Other on the right, GGH in behind the pairing of Loy and Hemmings?

----------------Bain---------------

-McGinn-Konrad-McPake-Holt-

----------------Low---------------

------------------------------------

X--------------GGH------Stewart

------Hemmings-Loy------------

Doing that it shows that we have an abundance of attacking players (aside from the right side), and not enough room for McAlister, Thomson, HHC and any other midfielders we have.

I'm lost as to what we will start with already. f**k, it might even be 4-2-3-1 with Hemmings/Loy rotation. I give up.

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Phil Roberts in our squad again next season tbh.

So he is shite. Okay let's go with that. Let's see who Hartley brings in to strengthen our defence in the middle.

We have just two centre backs?

Please quote me where I said he is shite. He's a good player who is a first pick in the championship but not good enough to play regularly at premiership level.

I do t get the histrionics about us only having 2 centre half a either. If we sign holt then meggat can play there and is by all accounts a good option. Failing that I reckon Hartley has probably noticed the lack of depth and will be working on it.

Come the first day of the season if we are light at the back I'll acknowledge it was wrong to let him go. We won't be though. Bookmark it.

You're coming across like a 12 year old here mate.

Edited by Deefiant

This is my point. Next season we will have a genuine squad.

McGowan, Low, Harkins, Thomson and possibly (hopefully) McAlister all vying for 2/3 spots. Chuck in Wighton as a hole player possibly. It makes me happy, but could be Hartleys Headache.

GK - Bain with a backup needed and a youth in reserve.

CD we have Konrad, McPake, Meggat (Hartley said he seen him more as a central player) going for 2 spots, so a youth player being the 4th wouldn't be unexpected.

RB McGinn with Irvine backup (possibly Cammy?)

LB Holt with Meggat as emergency (or Irvine if he's here).

RW - Boyle if he gets extended? No other option.

LW - Stewart, no other option.

ST - Loy, Hemmings, Wighton (preferably in the Midfield pack).