All things Dundee FC

Meggatt isn't that big. There are certainly occasions where ability just doesn't cut it (the goal we lost on Saturday being an example) but height and strength certainly will. Certain teams will have big players which we will need to counter act - Hearts Killie, etc. So still think another centre half is the most pressing need

As for wingers I will be happy to see Stewart and Harkins filling these roles. They don't have pace but all they need to do is beat a man and pass to Hemmings and let him do the running

Dundee fans are going love him, very consistent and has improved year on year with Queens. He is definitely able to make the step up and he has the potential to go far. Will be following his progress with interest.

Our squad reads as follows:

Goalkeepers

Scott Bain

Kyle Letheren

Defenders

Willie Dyer

Gary Irvine

Kostadin Gadzhalov

James McPake

Thomas Konrad

Daryll Meggatt

Kevin Holt

Cammy Kerr

Paul McGinn

Midfielders

Nicky Low

Kevin Thomson

Paul McGowan

Gary Harkins

Calvin Colquhoun

Simon Ferry

Stephen McGinn

Phil Roberts

Dylan Carreiro

Jim McAlister

Andy Black

Strikers

Rory Loy

Craig Wighton

Greg Stewart

Luka Tankulic

Kane Hemmings

I've included all the youth who have made at least one first team appearance for us thus far and will be hoping breakthrough next season. Names in italics are the players whose future is still up in the air. If they've been told they'll not get a new contract, I've not included them in the list (Clarkson, Heffernan etc.)

Gadzhalov looked well and truly out of his depth but turned in a performance against Aberdeen. He's been given a translator and has been taking English lessons and has always looked relatively decent in the air and tidy with the ball at his feet, but positionally he's been badly lacking. Perhaps the much improved performance is as you say due to the fact his English and communication is slowly improving.

Being honest, I'd completely written him off until that game.

I thought he was pretty good against Aberdeen at Pittodrie, up until the penalty he gave away. My Dons supporting pals seemed to agree.

Might be a player there yet. As said above, his shortfalls may be down to language issues.

Don't worry, be in admin soon. :D

In all seriousness I amazed none of your support seems to question any of this, even for a moment. I don't know the ins and outs of your finances, but from the outside, you seem to be spending a lot, and the only teams that do that are Aberdeen who can support it due to building up funds and having a large fan base, and Ross County, who arent run sustainably but rely on their owner. You seem to fall closer to County than Aberdeen.