All things Dundee FC

Hartley has gone on record saying our budget is in the bottom 4 for this season. Does he strike you as a liar?He felt compelled to come out in the press due to the misconceptions being bandied around about our budget by people who quite frankly are just guessing at figures.

We have no overdraft facility so anything we spend needs to be there in cash or come as capital investment from our board or American owners.

Of our signings for next season, only Hemmings will be on more than most of our current squad are currently coming from down south and you can be guaranteed he's taken a sizeable pay cut to be here.

Loy, meggatt and holt joined from the Championship and there is no way any of them are being put onto a higher wage than our vastly experienced ex international captain (who isn't near 3.5k a week) no matter what bitter ex DAB Houston says.

Another factor that St Johnstone fans just don't seem to get is that we have almost double the crowd they have at a minimum and at a higher price of entry. That's a sizeable income for us. The closest to us crowds wise is Utd and I'm willing to bet that Ciftci, fojut, rankin, Ryan McGowan and Paul Dixon (maybe even bilate) earn more per man than every player in our squad with utds mid range earners (cierzniak, muirhead, canna fart but his erskine etc)being near our top end. Transfer income is an advantage for Utd but I think we can all surmise that's not all been going where people thought.

Long and short of it is I'm fairly happy where we are at the moment. I'd be more worried if we were signing kris boyd and the like as opposed to young players from a lower level with potential to grow- refer to Stewart and Bain.

Admin 1 was big names, big wages, big fees, big mistake.

Admin 2 was big fees (Harkins and Griffiths) in the championship and a massive squad.

This season is players who were written off or from a lower level and a reasonable squad size. Night and day.

Brilliant post.

Agree with everything Deefiant has said. Would also add that we'll more than likely be running with a smaller squad supplemented by younger players. There's no way Holt, Meggat and Loy could demand a wage larger than Thomson, McPake etc. and probably not even the same as Clarkson or Heffernan. Hemmings is a little different but he still won't be on the same as out highest earner. I've no doubt we probably offered Loy more than St. J did but that's because we've sold more season tickets and have the 4th highest average crowd in the division. I'm more than happy with our signings so far this year.

Cannot wait for next season.. Go out and buy your season ticket if you haven't already.. The more we buy the more the club has to play with!

Done, looking forward to next season already, what's happening here?,this seems too sensible for us, something has to go wrong,surely

Hearing from a mate who was talking to some guys in the put who grew up with Baino that he's been approached by Tannadice as Rado's replacement.

Utd are rightly looking at the best keepers in the country to replace derby hero Rado.

I would have no problem selling him to Utd if they can meet the £5million pounds asking price for one of the finest products off our conveyor belt.

Does Jackie have to contribute to fees paid or is it a 1-way street with money only coming to him? :P

I would have no problem selling him to Utd if they can meet the £5million pounds asking price for one of the finest products off our conveyor belt.

Does Jackie have to contribute to fees paid or is it a 1-way street with money only coming to him? :P

A value-for-value swap deal with Blair Spittal would indeed be acceptable. The bonus of course being that Jackie doesn't get his usual 85% share of sales.

A value-for-value swap deal with Blair Spittal would indeed be acceptable. The bonus of course being that Jackie doesn't get his usual 85% share of sales.

Spittal and Souttar are both rated at £5million "Dundee Utd pounds"

That is between £2 - £4 million in total in real money so those 2 plus Connolly and the younger Souttar (as we couldn't be responsible for fracturing a family - see the mcginn brothers) plus £1million pounds seems fair.

I'd make Jackie pay the million pounds himself. A fraction of his profits this year I believe.

Mccalister it seems is wanted by quite a few teams in the spl. Personally I hope he doesn't leave. Was suggested by a fair few here he wasn't good enough

I've always maintained I'd be happy to keep him as a squad player. I would only be upset at him leaving if we didn't replace him.

He's not good enough to be starting for a top 6 team at this level. He is more than good enough to be a squad player for a top 6 team and would improve every side in the bottom 6 currently.