All things Dundee FC

There is no wall - I presented fairly reasoned responses to your claims which are based on hearsay and previous regimes that ran our club.

We now have a new regime with no previous associations to the past regimes (and therefore administrations) so I'm curious as to whether you think there is simply something in the water at Dens that makes people actively want to go into administration or it is as I suspect and you are a wee bit jealous and worried about the goings on and potential at Dens.

It must grind your gears no end that if you were in for a player and we decide we want them it's a no brainer for the player to sign on at Dens?

And off RandomGuy goes again. The shitebag.

There is no wall - I presented fairly reasoned responses to your claims which are based on hearsay and previous regimes that ran our club.

We now have a new regime with no previous associations to the past regimes (and therefore administrations) so I'm curious as to whether you think there is simply something in the water at Dens that makes people actively want to go into administration or it is as I suspect and you are a wee bit jealous and worried about the goings on and potential at Dens.

It must grind your gears no end that if you were in for a player and we decide we want them it's a no brainer for the player to sign on at Dens?

Quite a fair post on the whole.

In all honesty though, I think we'll find ourselves after different kinds of players. We've got an extremely loyal core group of players, most of whom have been with the club at least 3 seasons now, and we're looking to supplement that with 3 or 4 others this summer. We're not the highest paying club, but the (ex)players all say they're treated very well by the club and we do offer good bonuses for achievements which enhance our low basic salaries. Achievements tend to lead to more cash, so I'd imagine thats why we act in such a way. We obviously don't have the crowds that teams like Dundee do, so can't offer as much in basic salary.

Looking at your signings, I'm obviously quite envious, but none of them (Low aside) actually have any top flight experience. They all have great potential though, and I'm sure they'll all work out. Our two signings have both played around 50 games in the Premiership and are 22. Our signings are solid, reasonably experienced at this level and are relatively gamble free, so will ultimately have a lower (but more likely) pay off. Yours are (pretty safe) gambles, where you're more likely to see a larger pay off if they're successful, ala Greg Stewart last summer.

I have no problem with Saints operating in the market we do. We can't afford the wages other, bigger teams can but we do pretty well off a much more modest base. Most of our signings have played at this level in some capacity before and we have reaped the benefits of that approach over a number of years. We're a pretty unspectacular outfit and we'll likely be linked with players that a lot of people turn their noses up at, but they'll hopefully fit into the quietly effective mould we go for.

Quite a fair post on the whole.

In all honesty though, I think we'll find ourselves after different kinds of players. We've got an extremely loyal core group of players, most of whom have been with the club at least 3 seasons now, and we're looking to supplement that with 3 or 4 others this summer. We're not the highest paying club, but the (ex)players all say they're treated very well by the club and we do offer good bonuses for achievements which enhance our low basic salaries. Achievements tend to lead to more cash, so I'd imagine thats why we act in such a way. We obviously don't have the crowds that teams like Dundee do, so can't offer as much in basic salary.

Looking at your signings, I'm obviously quite envious, but none of them (Low aside) actually have any top flight experience. They all have great potential though, and I'm sure they'll all work out. Our two signings have both played around 50 games in the Premiership and are 22. Our signings are solid, reasonably experienced at this level and are relatively gamble free, so will ultimately have a lower (but more likely) pay off. Yours are (pretty safe) gambles, where you're more likely to see a larger pay off if they're successful, ala Greg Stewart last summer.

I have no problem with Saints operating in the market we do. We can't afford the wages other, bigger teams can but we do pretty well off a much more modest base. Most of our signings have played at this level in some capacity before and we have reaped the benefits of that approach over a number of years. We're a pretty unspectacular outfit and we'll likely be linked with players that a lot of people turn their noses up at, but they'll hopefully fit into the quietly effective mould we go for.

Far too reasonable a post IMO.

My last paragraph re jealousy was more baiting the disappearing RandomGuy tbh.

I agree with your sentiments on our signings - this season we bought proven premiership players who may have lost their way a touch and added to that with a few gambles from a lower level. By and large it paid off.

Experienced players - Mcpake and McGowan are (IMO) battling it out for our POTY. Thomson is a massive influence when he is on. Harkins is a game changer if a bit inconsistent, we then added Clarkson who played his part - that's a good, experienced core of a team there. We also added Ferry who looked the part on paper but injuries have ravaged his season (possibly ended his career)

We then signed a clutch of lower league players - Stewart and Bain speak for themselves, McGinn has been very good in spells but is a capable full back with good potential. Konrad and Tankulic get passes for me. Roberts was a disaster but you will get one occasionally!

This season we have that experienced core in place plus the inexperienced additions are now seasoned in the premiership and have proven they can play here.

We have added loy, hemmings, low, meggat and holt so far. If I had to stick my neck out I think meggat raises the most questions As he is going from p/t to f/t and up a level.

He has a hard act to follow and will need time to make the adjustment - a lot harder when your a defender and your mistakes can result in goals.

Holt is very highly rated and I'm fairly confident on him. Loy and Hemmings will need to win me round and I'm hoping low is a squad player tbh.

I would hope that next season we are still in the premiership and in a position to do a St Johnstone. I mean that in the sense of keeping a squad together and adding a select few players to required areas.

Hartleys constant rebuilding is bloody exciting but it's unsustainable if we want to climb the table and compete for trophies.

Tbh St Johnstone are the yardstick for most Scottish teams. Very well ran and a very solid team. In theory, if equally well ran, Dundee should out perform the Saints most seasons which should mean top 6 and the odd cup final and European trip. I'd love that!!!

He seems like a pretty good goalkeeper whenever I've seen him. Today was the first time I've seen him make a mistake and I'll never forget that 0-0 at Dens last season where he made plenty of top drawer saves. Also that one last season vs Dumbarton that won you the league was incredible.

Great shot stopper, as displayed so dramatically and forever remembered against Dumbarton. However, his command and control of, what should've been, his area proved to be his downfall as the Supers número uno. Add to that the ability to produce the occasional slapstick moment, today and the cup last season vs Raith off the top o my head, that would put Harold Lloyd to shame. It is the correct decision for all concerned.

Good luck Kyle, I'll remember the good and forgive the bad. DDYB.

Scott Bain is our official PotY.

Wighton our YPotY.

Greg Stewart/Rado's fumble GotY.

Letheren confirmed as being released on the official site.

Shit goal of the year and even poorer was the ypoty. He's barely played!

Bit of doom and gloom kicking about just now.

We've not got it 100% right yet but we are definitely on the right path.

A wee bit of perspective- imagine someone told you before a ball was kicked this year that we would finish in the top 6, have a player nominated for poty and only be 1 place behind the much fancied treble chasing DABs - would you have believed them?

I know I wouldn't!

He's played regularly in the Development League. Sometimes it's good to look beyond the first team.

Yeah, you're right actually. Fair point. I assume that goal was chosen for lols then. Better team goals were scored!

Yeah, you're right actually. Fair point. I assume that goal was chosen for lols then. Better team goals were scored!

I liked Stewart vs DABs (both his other goals) , Irvine against St Mirren, Stewart vs Aberdeen at pittodrie, and McGinn vs Raith rovers.

Picking that goal for the lols is a bit of a minter IMO