All things Dundee FC

Not much imagination required to see that we could end the season with 7 of the new players lining up in

Bain

McGinn Julen Meggatt Holt

Ross McGowan Low Stewart

Hemmings Loy

Big changes again by Hartley. Much improved squad with better balance and competition for places. Not sure we've got much height but should be attractive

Not much imagination required to see that we could end the season with 7 of the new players lining up in

Bain

McGinn Julen Meggatt Holt

Ross McGowan Low Stewart

Hemmings Loy

Big changes again by Hartley. Much improved squad with better balance and competition for places. Not sure we've got much height but should be attractive

Cant see that being the team atall.

Bain

Mcginn mcpake julen holt

Thomson. Low

Gowser

Stewart. Ross

Hemmings.

That to me would be my starting 11 at the moment

Cant see that being the team atall.

Bain

Mcginn mcpake julen holt

Thomson. Low

Gowser

Stewart. Ross

Hemmings.

That to me would be my starting 11 at the moment

Thomson and low holding, Gowser in middle and stewart on the right and ross on the left of hemmings.

Didnt come out that way because im on my phone.

Would leave a very strong bench of mitchell, jimbo, tank, loy, harkins, konrad, meggat.

I think we will be top 6 again which would bw wonderful.

Edited by Derry boy

---UPDATED---

Squad positions filled.

GK

Bain

Mitchell

LB

Holt

Megatt

Irvine

RB

P. McGinn

Kerr

Irvine

CB

McPake

Konrad

Megatt

Gadzhalov

Leanizbarrutia

LM/W

Stewart

Harkins

RM/W

Ross

Roberts

Harkins

Colquhoun

DCM

Thomson

McGowan

Ferry

Low

Gadzhalov

CM

Thomson

McGowan

Ferry

Harkins

Colquhoun

Low

Carreiro

Ross

ACM
McGowan
Harkins
Stewart
Wighton
Carreiro
ST
Loy
Hemmings
Stewart
Wighton
Tankulic
Am I missing anyone?
Squad List (24 players):
Bain (23),
Mitchell (25),
P. McGinn (24),
Kerr (19),
Irvine (30),
Holt (22),
Megatt (24),
McPake (31),
Gadzhalov (26),
Leanizbarrutia (24),
Konrad (25),
Thomson (30),
McGowan (27),
Harkins (30),
Ferry (27),
Low (23),
Carreiro (20),
Ross (23),
Roberts (21),
Stewart (25),
Wighton (17),
Loy (27),
Hemmings (24),
Tankulic (24).
Total age of 591, averaging us at 24.625.
We could drop deeper with some younger players like Black etc, but they've a much more outsider chance of featuring during the season. To break down the ages to the player first positions:
GK: 24
Def: 25
Mid: 25.11
Str: 23
This confirms, for the first time in my life, I am older than the average age of the Dundee squad. I now regret doing this research.

What position does he play?

Some people say right back/mid and some people say he's a winger. I've never seen him play right back but i've seen him play right wing/mid. Take what you think of that but i'm not getting into the debate about what's happening with it. I've seen him far too inconsistently to give you a definitive answer from my point of view.

---UPDATED---

Squad positions filled.

GK

Bain

Mitchell

LB

Holt

Megatt

Irvine

RB

P. McGinn

Kerr

Irvine

CB

McPake

Konrad

Megatt

Gadzhalov

Leanizbarrutia

LM/W

Stewart

Harkins

RM/W

Ross

Roberts

Harkins

Colquhoun

DCM

Thomson

McGowan

Ferry

Low

Gadzhalov

CM

Thomson

McGowan

Ferry

Harkins

Colquhoun

Low

Carreiro

Ross

ACM
McGowan
Harkins
Stewart
Wighton
Carreiro
ST
Loy
Hemmings
Stewart
Wighton
Tankulic
Am I missing anyone?
Squad List (24 players):
Bain (23),
Mitchell (25),
P. McGinn (24),
Kerr (19),
Irvine (30),
Holt (22),
Megatt (24),
McPake (31),
Gadzhalov (26),
Leanizbarrutia (24),
Konrad (25),
Thomson (30),
McGowan (27),
Harkins (30),
Ferry (27),
Low (23),
Carreiro (20),
Ross (23),
Roberts (21),
Stewart (25),
Wighton (17),
Loy (27),
Hemmings (24),
Tankulic (24).
Total age of 591, averaging us at 24.625.
We could drop deeper with some younger players like Black etc, but they've a much more outsider chance of featuring during the season. To break down the ages to the player first positions:
GK: 24
Def: 25
Mid: 25.11
Str: 23
This confirms, for the first time in my life, I am older than the average age of the Dundee squad. I now regret doing this research.

Good work Deestruction. Get used to the age thing - wait until the coaching staff are older than you - then you will know all about it!

I'm a bit concerned we have signed no one who is described as a 'total bombscare' - yet.

Good work Deestruction. Get used to the age thing - wait until the coaching staff are older than you - then you will know all about it!

I'm a bit concerned we have signed no one who is described as a 'total bombscare' - yet.

We still have 2 bombscares from last season and Tankulic who isn't quite a bombscare but hasn't been as good as we thought he would be.

We still have 2 bombscares from last season and Tankulic who isn't quite a bombscare but hasn't been as good as we thought he would be.

Hopefully with a decent pre-season and the competition for striker places Tank might actually come good next season

It does happen.......foreign player at a new club and all that

Anyone see Julian Speroni refusing to rule out signing for us after his Palace deal is up at the end of the coming season?

Here's the excerpt:

“I loved wearing the Dundee shirt again,” he said.

“I am so thankful to the club for giving me my chance in British football.”

Will it ever happen again?

“In football you can never tell,” quipped Speroni, who recently signed a one-year extension with Alan Pardew’s men.

“Who knows what can happen in this game.

“I certainly have a lot of affection for the club.”

Okay, so I know he wasn't saying anything more than likely referencing him pulling on the Dee top again for another friendly, but I'm telling you, end of this season £1.5million for Bain plus Speroni in a swap. ;)

Anyone see Julian Speroni refusing to rule out signing for us after his Palace deal is up at the end of the coming season?

Here's the excerpt:

Okay, so I know he wasn't saying anything more than likely referencing him pulling on the Dee top again for another friendly, but I'm telling you, end of this season £1.5million for Bain plus Speroni in a swap. ;)

We'd need to clear this with St.Johnstone.

I can't see him being happy with 8k a week.

Mcalister? He is a decent player.

He runs around a lot, always gets caught in possession and almost always passes to the wrong team.

How can Low not be for you? In his 7 league appearances, of which a few were from the bench, how many times could you have possibly seen him? Harsh in the extreme to be writing a player off that's not even played for us yet.

As for McAlister, he offers energy and is decent, but probably cost us far more goals than he scored last season. Time and time again he gave it away in dangerous positions due to him not being able to get the ball totally under control.

ETA: As for goals, he scored a mere 2. 1 more than McGowan so your point on goals isn't exactly a plus point for McAlister.

Edited by Ludo *1

G_Man1985, on 25 Jun 2015 - 16:42, said:

1 more than McGowan. That's not bad for a runner?

Low time will tell.

Go get your we stats about mcalister about how he cost us so many goals. Remember he isn't an attacking midfielder either. He is a runner like we have said. I do like your we shitty rants. All you need is your we name calling and that will be you for a We while until you see another post from myself.

Keep up the good work ludo.

We would of finished higher if it wasn't for how bad mcallister is?

2 goals a season isn't good for a box to box midfielder, no.

As for the rest of your post, well that's just a spluttering, seething mess. Back in your box.

And your last line, eh?