All things Dundee FC

McCann, Anderson and Rae were better players at that age IMO.

No matter how big a club legend rae became I will never forget the abuse he got as a youth so certainly don't agree with you there! I was too young in 97/98 to form my own opinion so I will refrain from commenting on his ability but I can assure you plenty in the derry regularly tried to tell him how shit they thought he was.

Same with Robertson years later and then forsyth.

A very fickle support us dees

I'm sorry but how good did Nicky low and Gary harkins look tonight!!

Hemmings looks a real prospect and I was impressed with holt. Admittedly it was raith we were playing but I thought we look very sharp

Not judging anyone on tonight, but performance wise on the night, aye they looked braw.

VERY high wing backs will get exposed too much for me. Looked like we played 2 centre backs, 2 wing backs, a square midfield (not diamond) with 2 strikers. I like the shape, just not the WBs.

Julen looks comfy on the ball and positions himself well. Hemmings took his goal well.

Very encouraging showing tonight! Lots to be looking forward to this season. I agree with all the comments on who shone tonight. I thought Julen looked as good a CH as we have had in the last few years, Nicky Low was an absolute work horse and Kane Hemmings is a threat up top we haven't had in some time. Hard to judge on one game but overall I think we look a lot stronger than last year.

Said from the start Nicky Low would be a good signing. Hopefully he keeps this going into competitive games. Raith are probably the same standard of at least Dundee United, St Johnstone and Hearts so I'd say we're looking good for at least 4th.