All things Dundee FC

Watching the highlights: McPake's at fault for both goals for me. Don't know what the hell his hand was doing up there, craziness. And McPake decided to involve himself in the scramble for the ball with Thomson and Gomis, just as he went to the ball, it flicked past him, he was well out of position and Juanma was through on goal.

Watching the highlights: McPake's at fault for both goals for me. Don't know what the hell his hand was doing up there, craziness. And McPake decided to involve himself in the scramble for the ball with Thomson and Gomis, just as he went to the ball, it flicked past him, he was well out of position and Juanma was through on goal.

I didn't see the handball my wee boy said it was Thomson, he will be grounded for talking pish. Second goal saft feet took that awful free kick and gave it straight to them and got us in trouble and then should have had it cleared from Gomis, his fault IMO.

We won plenty of games without him last season so that is just pish.

Don't think we did tbh. Was it not something like 35 of the 41 points we had won by that point, Kevin Thomson had played?

The rest of the games he missed, we got shagged. My figures may be slightly off, but there was definitely a big write up about it.

Can see why people don't take to him, doesn't seem Derry'd oot his nut. Can imagine him scoring against the DABS passing a 25 yarder into the top corner and celebrating with his head down and a finger in the air. Gowser scores a 5mph sclaff deflecting off Patons chin, he would rip his top of like Hulk Hogan whilst sprinting towards the Shed being chased by every Dundee player wanting to join in the celebration and that daft c**t Bilate with a minus IQ who is confused with what's happening joining in the fun, Gowser makes it to penalty spot at the shed end greeted by 200 Dee pitch invaders. Scenes.

Edited by DEEJANGO

In Thomson's 24 league appearances last season we picked up 31 points as opposed to the other 14 games in which we picked up 14 points.

Your stats are skewed by the fact that he only came on for the last 10 minutes of 3 of those victories. A 9 point swing.

He didn't start in any of these games:

St Mirren 0 - 1 Dundee
Dundee 4 - 0 Raith
Dundee 1 - 1 Celtic
St Johnstone 0 - 1 Dundee
Motherwell 1 - 3 Dundee
Dundee 2 - 0 Hamilton
Kilmarnock 1 - 3 Dundee
Dundee 1 - 0 Kilmarnock
Dundee 1 - 0 Partick
But as you say - we only play when Thomson plays!!

Chewing Taffies, on 09 Aug 2015 - 08:38, said:

Your stats are skewed by the fact that he only came on for the last 10 minutes of 3 of those victories. A 9 point swing.

He didn't start in any of these games:

St Mirren 0 - 1 Dundee
Dundee 4 - 0 Raith
Dundee 1 - 1 Celtic
St Johnstone 0 - 1 Dundee
Motherwell 1 - 3 Dundee
Dundee 2 - 0 Hamilton
Kilmarnock 1 - 3 Dundee
Dundee 1 - 0 Kilmarnock
Dundee 1 - 0 Partick
But as you say - we only play when Thomson plays!!

I'm glad you finally agree.

Chewing Taffies, on 09 Aug 2015 - 08:47, said:

I am glad you have stopped talking pish

I think it's you that's talking pish tbh.

It's quite fairly clear that when Thomson is having a poor game, we're not the same team. In my 'skewed stats' I never included any cup games, yet you include the mauling of a Championship team such as Raith.

There's also quite a difference between winning and playing well. Quite a few of those results were ground out, rather than being from a great performance. We were at our best aesthetically and in terms of results last season when Thomson was on the park and the 'skewed stats' prove this despite your flappy attempts at saying 'But we won other games!'

Sorry, I will go and look up the stats for aesthetically pleasing performances. Is that really all you have? My stats have proven you wrong and you know it.

My point is, you can skew facts anyway you like, that was clearly lost on you though. Your proof seems to be, as I said, 'But we won other games!' Which is really quite unanswerable due to the nonsensical nature of it.

Chewing Taffies, on 09 Aug 2015 - 09:03, said:

You claimed if Thomson doesn't play Dundee don't play. Stats prove this is clearly not true. Is your point we don't "look" as good without him?

No, my point is we rarely play well when he's not on form as I clearly stated in the first post you took umbrage to which was, ' Thought Kevin Thomson absolutely ran the show and dominated the midfield first half personally. Had a shocker second half and I felt it was as if, if Thomson doesn't play well, Dundee don't play well.'

He was Kid he was sitting next to me and Biggie was right behind us. Good c**t is Biggie :D was talking to him at half time and screaming at him at full time seething about Thomson.

Were one of you wearing an old school Dundee replica top with the red and white collar? I have a vague recollection of what Dee Man looks like but I didn't want to go up to a couple of random guys and say "are you on Pie and Bovril?" :lol:

Were one of you wearing an old school Dundee replica top with the red and white collar? I have a vague recollection of what Dee Man looks like but I didn't want to go up to a couple of random guys and say "are you on Pie and Bovril?" :lol:

That was DeeMan, I didn't recognise him at first as he's got a cool as f**k hipster beard now. No beard on Deejango though.

Don't see why people don't think Gowser is our best player. Only one to actually give a f**k in the second half and was booted to f**k yesterday because he was the only one threatening to make something happen.

That was DeeMan, I didn't recognise him at first as he's got a cool as f**k hipster beard now. No beard on Deejango though.

f**k sake. I was sat right behind him. Well, it was Dee Man, empty seat, then me. I must've been beside you as well, Biggie. Could've got a wee P+B Derry Rhumba going.