All things Dundee FC

35 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

a bit of stability again, half decent football to watch and comfortably clear of the bottom two should be achievable

Would be happy with that, maybe a bit of a cup run. Can't be doing with the 'flirting with relegation' stress again. Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Pinko said:

Let's focus on getting Williams out the door first!

No, Hateley is the first one we should be showing the door, he is the biggest wage thief at the club and he is fucking shite!

4 minutes ago, JockysJetpack said:

aab07a43fbf08f92b233f9514f607f47.jpg

Disappointed with this, however if it is to free up a wage for Berbatov...

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Delighted and excited with Loy going.

Excited because that frees up a wage for a (hopefully) better striker?

Delighted because he's clearly off to Paisley Falkirk to help keep the DABs doon?

Edited by dburns
Dammit he went back to Falkirk.

Just now, Rugster said:

THANK YOU

f**k never saw he'd joined you guys again before posting my last comment.

Ahh well, you are welcome. He showed glimpses for us while here. Enjoy.

Does anyone know if St. Mirren are streaming the friendly tonight for free? I'd quite like to watch if possible and i'm stuck in Dundee due to other commitments.

Aslong as we have someone lined up to replace him.
El Bak
Wighton
Haber

( don't think I have forgotten anyone?)

Any youngsters potentially to break through next season ? I know we got rid of quite a few

Think Deacon and Wolters will play as left/right forwards so he may stick with those 3 as the up top options. Would like to see another addition however.

1 minute ago, Pinko said:

Think Deacon and Wolters will play as left/right forwards so he may stick with those 3 as the up top options. Would like to see another addition however.

Nah, I would guess that he is bringing in another forward. It would leave him very limited to playing different formations if it was required to play a 4-4-2 and even if 1 striker was injured then we would be pretty limited. We need at least 4 recognised strikers at the club imo.

Nah, I would guess that he is bringing in another forward. It would leave him very limited to playing different formations if it was required to play a 4-4-2 and even if 1 striker was injured then we would be pretty limited. We need at least 4 recognised strikers at the club imo.

Totally agree. Depends on the budget I guess, would you say CB first, defensive mid second and forward third?

8 minutes ago, Dariusz said:

Be astonished if he isn't at least trying to get another striker in

I'd expect so, I don't see Haber hitting much more than 10-12 in a season even if supported with decent wingers.

FEB I don't see as a striker, more of an attacking mid/no.10, a GGH type so to speak, although I imagine McCann will want Allan playing that role.

Wighton on the other hand could end up really coming onto a game, but again that is purely cross your fingers and hope, he has got the potential though.

3 minutes ago, Pinko said:

Totally agree. Depends on the budget I guess, would you say CB first, defensive mid second and forward third?

CB, Striker, Back-Up/Challenger Goalkeeper, then Def Mid for me anyway.

Edited by dburns

Actually thought Loy might've been in with a decent shout of scoring for fun this season - he scored a barrow load when he first came in and was getting decent delivery before Hemmings made it impossible to get his place back...

I'm pretty sure that means he's got a replacement lined up though coz we don't have a 6 yd line/penalty box striker otherwise...

Hopefully Dimitar runs out in the 9 shirt tonight and Loy sinks the dabs though

Just had a look at the team for the friendly - two trialists starting and one on the bench. I presume the two starting are the defenders mentioned earlier in this post, as only Holt & O'Dea appear to be starting from our usual defence. No Hateley at all (I'm sure a few people on here will be glad of that), and Williams on the bench...

28 minutes ago, Pinko said:

No, CB first without a doubt but a CF is just as important. Dont think we need a defensive mid as we have plenty centre mids who can just as easy adjust imo.