All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Can they both keep clean sheets? So JB you havnt a clue about? We can't say if we are progressing or not regarding youth players?
When I said he would be a big loss you pretty much said you don't think our success in the league is down to Boyle?

The great thing we have is the board seems to be splashing the cash on players. So should be good times ahead as plenty players mccann is bringing in.

A new stadium aswell. Can't see a downside apart from the prices of season tickets, but no doubt I will pay them regardless

You didn't read my post correctly, G Man. The exact quote was, "No wish to slag him, but not sure it's all down to Boyle." Note the word, ALL.

29 minutes ago, Pinko said:

Anyone heading through tomorrow? If so any suggestions on a good place to park?

Hoping we give it a go tomorrow, a free swing before a few very winnable games!

I usually park up near the old McVitties factory.

Jimmy Boyle was attributed to bringing in Lambert and Piggott as far as I'm aware. Hartley was largely responsible for revolutionising our youth set-up, but McCann (So far and as far as I can tell) seems to have left it more to Boyle since he came in.

In Ex-Dee news,  Speroni starting a league game for Palace against Chelsea today, might watch that will be good to watch him get pelted with balls all day and his saves will be the most exciting part of that match.

He was sensational today. Only on a 2 year deal, I'd get him tied up for longer pronto!

I thought Kamara was only one year, either way I'd be offering him an extension as soon as possible. He's a phenomenal player at this level. Still don't understand how some people are seeing how good he is.

Meekings also looked very good.

Thought Dundee were excellent in the second half. Doris' saves from McGowan and El Bak were good reaction saves but Deacon has to be scoring that chance.

2 hours ago, Pinko said:

He was sensational today. Only on a 2 year deal, I'd get him tied up for longer pronto!

The press box was so crowded (with fat bassas) that I sat just behind in an ordinary seat. The locals were friendly! I was asked who Kamara was and where he came from. "He's a footballer" was the consensus. The Celtic fans were comparing him very favourably with their own midfielders.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Apparently Scotland doesn't have any centrehalf's coming through tae, aye ok then. :) 

Rodgers was very complimentary about Hendry in the press conference after the game.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It’s the way things hang when you’re a fan of a provincial club. You manage to sign a couple of decent players then you start shiteing yourself they’re going to leave. emoji30.png

They leave. They always do. Just enjoy them while they're here. It's not just fans of provincial clubs though. If a mid-table English Premier League side wants a Celtic player he'll go.

They leave. They always do. Just enjoy them while they're here. It's not just fans of provincial clubs though. If a mid-table English Premier League side wants a Celtic player he'll go.

Thank you, you’re right.

The next 3 games are pivotal. We definitely owe those Hamiltonians a doing. If they’ve not gone bust first.