All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Image result for booing crowd gif

^ this - I was admittedly a bit dismissive of Gowser at the start of the season but we've clearly missed his energy when he's not been playing (& I think that's who McCann's moulding Spence into so I think McCann loves him a bit too)

Only just found out via Courier website that it is John Black who used to play for you that was found on the Hawkhill on Sunday morning and is in a critical condition. Found bleeding from his head. Hope he makes a speedy recovery. 

We’ve come a long way since Daryl Meggett was a CH option. Remember Arturo up front as well? f**k you, Hartley. I did mention it in the Falkirk thread, and I am in a minority with this opinion, but I think Hartley was a poor manager. Not just at being tactically inept or disrupting squad harmony. I would love to see how many players Hartley signed for us. It’s got to be touching 60. And how many had to have their contracts terminated? I know he’s one of the best managers we’ve had for a decade (Smith Deefiant season with embargo and -points best for me) but that’s not saying much. I think it’s no coincidence that Hartley was seen as such a success as he arrived not long after the new owners who allowed him to spend his way out of the mistakes he made. I’ll be interested to see how he does at Falkirk without that luxury.

2nd May 2016 . I am willing to overlook all that for that day alone. It may be around 18 months ago but I get the impression the jobby sleeves hurt only gets more acute.
For that alone he will always be "Pep" In my eyes.

Even better. A goalscoring midfielder. Yup presumed as he was scoring goals he would be a striker.

90' - Lambert jinks past four defenders before seeing his shot blocked on the line. 2-0 #thedee. Not many of our midfield could do this, last one who could would of been harkins

Let's not forget CW was regularly ripping it up in the 20's and has really struggled to recreate a level of form anywhere near that in the first team so let's let this guy develop at his own pace and not start bigging him up as the answer to our issues.

5 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Scott Allan, Jon Aurtenetxe, Roarie Deacon, Jack Hendry, Glen Kamara, AJ Leitch-Smith, Josh Meekings, Sofien Moussa, Elliot Parish, Lewis Spence, Randy Wolters
Out: Tom Hateley, Daniel Higgins, Kevin Gomis,Rory Loy, David Mitchell, Henrik Ojamaa, Nick Ross, Yordi Teijesse

Didn't realise we brought in more than we have released. Thought money wise Hartley fucked us over with spending to much on rubbish ?.

To be fair though Kamara is worth 20 Tom Hateleys and probably earns  considerably less.

Scott Allan, Jon Aurtenetxe, Roarie Deacon, Jack Hendry, Glen Kamara, AJ Leitch-Smith, Josh Meekings, Sofien Moussa, Elliot Parish, Lewis Spence, Randy Wolters
Out: Tom Hateley, Daniel Higgins, Kevin Gomis,Rory Loy, David Mitchell, Henrik Ojamaa, Nick Ross, Yordi Teijesse

Didn't realise we brought in more than we have released. Thought money wise Hartley fucked us over with spending to much on rubbish ?.

More winners than losers there imo.

Definitely happier with the players in than those they replaced. Think so far is rate the signings in order:

Kamara
Hendry
Spence
Leitch-Smith
Deacon
Allan
Moussa
Wolters (which I feel is harsh as I still think he’s a decent player)

Can’t comment on the others yet as they haven’t played.

It'll be a tough one for McPake. He might feel obligated to follow the man that essentially kept him on when many wouldn't have but equally, the club stood by him and still views him as having a big future. Be interesting to see what he does.

That I agree. Well first part, what he earns f**k knows

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Genuinely curious here.. what would your preferred starting 11 be? From the bits i've seen it wouldn't include Bain, Kerr, McGowan or any of our first team strikers, and would include two under 20's with no first team experience so genuinely interested in what you think it should be.

When you consider that Hartley will still be taking a wage/payout from us and Hateley wont have walked away with nothing then praise has to go to the owners for their continued investment.

2 hours ago, locheedee said:

See the papers are reporting that Hartley is after Boyle and McPake as part of his coaching staff at Falkirk

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Boyle is head of youth, youth has been really good as of late. A big loss if he goes

I got a bit confused there for a minute; I was thinking of former players at first and thought you meant Martin Boyle!!!!