All things Dundee FC

Nah my mates son. I've sponsored him for a few seasons now. Supposingly a few of the players rangers looked at. Unsure if any said yes.
30 thousand though is the bit i was suprised at

An obscene amount of money for a young lad, tbh

16 hours ago, locheedee said:

+ I had just popped on to say :lol:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41518029

hope the c**t gets made to pay for the door too...

Thank you

No doubt he will have done. Idiotic thing to do. At least it's an inanimate object rather than a team mate he's attacking this time though to be fair.

I've no doubt, its him that should get stung with the bill though
&
a boot in the plums for good measure too

Thank you

Fully agree, I'd be surprised if we didn't fine him

Exactly my thinking. Yet he is on a year to year contract. I presumed you would just get him for nothing at end of season and that would be that, that's if of course he did leave. f**k knows. Anyway he still at the club but quite bizarre

At a guess it may be factoring in development contribution. Especially if he’s been at the club for a while.

f0a4115673ea2fa618ec8b313775ee5a.jpg
https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat24july201_1502440056.pdf

The point I was making a page or so back about Gadz being the unloved CH is never more evident in McCann's comments after Julen, Meekings and Gadz stepped up their recoveries by playing in the last U20 game:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/josh-meekings-julen-etxabeguren-looking-brilliant-says-dundee-boss-neil-mccann/

21 hours ago, K.T said:

Julen is the prince of conceding penalties.

Or just unlucky at woeful refereeing decisions - would say most of them were. Which would you say were not? 

I would like to see a back 3 of Hendry, Jules and Waddel, think it would work better than with O'Dea opr Gadz. Jules is a really good distributor of the ball, Hendry has pace to dribble out from defence and Waddel can fair heeder a ba. All can defend and could really grow to build an understanding. Expect Meekings will be superb but will be gone by next summer anyway. Decisions , decisions 

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

At a guess it may be factoring in development contribution. Especially if he’s been at the club for a while.

f0a4115673ea2fa618ec8b313775ee5a.jpg
https://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat24july201_1502440056.pdf

This is such a pathetic compensation agreement for when the big boys come poaching. Easy to agree a lower compensation package but given the cost of youth development this is diddly squat

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The one against Hearts IIRC was a complete horror show from Julen off the top of my head.

better list all the ones you can think of - even the best of defenders have given away the odd penalty. Around when was the one against Hearts?

Just now, DieDee said:

better list all the ones you can think of - even the best of defenders have given away the odd penalty. Around when was the one against Hearts?

Are you Julen? :P I'm not researching all the specific incidents, but he's made countless mistakes and he'd firmly be last choice in my list of CH's at the club personally. I think he's the slowest of the bunch, not as cool under pressure, not as good at heading or tackling. His distribution is alright, but I've just lost all faith in him if I'm honest even if it's in a 3 which might hide his deficiencies more as you put it.

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are you Julen? :P I'm not researching all the specific incidents, but he's made countless mistakes and he'd firmly be last choice in my list of CH's at the club personally. I think he's the slowest of the bunch, not as cool under pressure, not as good at heading or tackling. His distribution is alright, but I've just lost all faith in him if I'm honest even if it's in a 3 which might hide his deficiencies more as you put it.

Your opinion of his performances and mine obviously vary wildly, fair enough. Just don't see this huge array of penalties that are oft quoted. As I see it he's way ahead of an ageing O'Dea and could do a really good job for us. hopefully time will tell

I may be completely wrong but I seem to have it in my head that Julen gave away two penalties against Ross County. Also recall him giving away penalties against ICT and Hamilton which ended in defeats as well.

Edit. A quick google suggests that it was a different game against ICT. As well as the others I mentioned, he also gave away a penalty against Aberdeen. So that’s at least 6 penalties. I suspect there were probably more.