All things Dundee FC

46 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Also very handy for Gowser, much easier to hit the Coatbridge curfew from Perth. Get it done Tommy.

It's been too long since we've taken your best player, mainly because they've not been good enough. I'd pass on this one Tommy, think your scraping the barrell here.

First time ever that someone who assaulted a police officer and had to wear a custodial tag has been described as classy. Maybe in Dundee, but not elsewhere?

It's been too long since we've taken your best player, mainly because they've not been good enough. I'd pass on this one Tommy, think your scraping the barrell here.

I was surprised when you didn’t go for Jack Hendry to be honest. Probs went to the wrong school for TW.

Any other players that might be able to make the step up? Looking at your team there's not many I'd want, how's Deacon been playing? Looks to have pace but not much end product, worth a look?

Defo a good catch for Saints. There’s room in the car for 2 more. Maybe O’Dea and Wolters? They’re really good too. Thanks for all this lads, bloody good of you.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I was surprised when you didn’t go for Jack Hendry to be honest. Probs went to the wrong school for TW.

We have a surplus of limited ability central defenders at the minute, we did however have enough cash sitting around to do the deal. Thanks but no thanks.

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

That’s the Brown’s cash don’t forget, it’s not for wasting on football ffs. I remember the days when Geoff used to personally bank role the signing of Dundee’s best player.

Indeed. We don't need to do that these days - we'll just pinch your best players for nothing when they come out of contract. 8) 

5 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

If you need a player who runs about daft then he is your man. He likes a fight and to blame others. Scores a few each season.
I'd have off loaded him a season back .
Has his heart in the right place

He’s scored 6 goals in the near three seasons he’s been here.  Two of those goals were against Championship or lower opposition.  So four league goals in three seasons.  Still enough to make Moussa jealous though.

Edited by Shadow Play

Bit harsh on McGowan this. He's been extremely solid over the years for us and ever given anything less than 110% which can't be said for many others. I'd be delighted if he signed an extension with us and if he does go to St Johnstone then he'll be an important player for them.

He also fucking hates the DABs.

Totally agree McGowan gives 100% every time and that he loves the club.  He is also desperate to win every game and it’s important to have players like that in every team.

For me though he has quite a few obvious flaws.  He holds up play too much with his contstant pirouettes and turning back on himself to pass the ball back or sideways instead of looking for a killer pass on the break.  He is not fast enough to properly push on and track back.  His shooting technique is very poor which is probably the main reason he scores so few goals, despite regularly being on the edge of the opposition’s box.  If we had a team full of goal scorers that wouldn’t necessarily be a problem but our attack and midfield is full of players that can’t score.  He also suffers from O’Deaism where he regularly seems to blame other players but doesn’t appear quick to accept criticism himself.

Out of the players we have though he should still probably be a regular.  That I think says more about the lack of quality we have, rather than McGowan’s ability.