All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

and the fact it’s this city’s oldest and finest professional football club.

I'd like to think most reasonable people in Dundee would, growing up, realise that Dundee fc is the only logical choice. You will get the odd wee fanny who likes bright colours but f**k them, odd freaks anyway.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

We can become a top six team.  Unfortunately we probably won’t but I’m OK with that.  I never supported Dundee searching for trophies, unlike many of the supporters of a certain other club did.

I supported Dundee because that’s what my dad, grandad and great grandad did and the fact it’s this city’s oldest and finest professional football club.

Image result for standing ovation gif

John Nelms is just a continual bowl of positivity with the club. I've no doubt that one day there is the potential that we'll look back on Nelms and co as fondly as we do Gio Di Stefano, The Marrs and Angus Cook, but the last 5 years that the Americans have owned us, they've given us our most stable 5 years in my lifetime. Kudos.

32 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

We can become a top six team.  Unfortunately we probably won’t but I’m OK with that.  I never supported Dundee searching for trophies, unlike many of the supporters of a certain other club did.

I supported Dundee because that’s what my dad, grandad and great grandad did and the fact it’s this city’s oldest and finest professional football club.

Jeezy peeps Shadow you've gotten me roused and ready for battle with that second line! 

I'll start my Premiership Squad List thread as we get into June, but thought I'd post our current squad for Dee's to have a look at as there's a few forgotten players in our squad!

Goalkeepers

#12: Elliott Parish (27) - May 2019

#38: Calum Ferrie (19) - May 2019

Defenders

#2 Cammy Kerr (22) - May 2019

#4: Steven Caulker (26) - May 2019

#5: Genseric Kusunga (30) - May 2019

#21: Darren O'Dea (31) - May 2019

#24: Josh Meekings (25) - May 2020

#34: Kerr Waddell (19) - May 2019

Midfielders

#: James Vincent (28) - May 2019

#8: Glen Kamara (22) - May 2019

#18: Paul McGowan (30) - May 2019

#21: Roarie Deacon (26) - May 2019

#23: Randy Wolters (28) - May 2019

#27: Jesse Curran (22) - May 2018

#28: Lewis Spence (22) - May 2020

#: Karl Madianga (24) - May 2019 (Option of a further year)

#: Elton Ngwatala (25) - May 2020

Strikers

#9: Sofien Moussa (30) - May 2019

#20: Faissal El Bakhtaoui (25) - May 2019

#21: Marcus Haber (29) - May 2019

#33: Craig Wighton (20) - May 2019

Ages as of 31/05/18.

Could have included the likes of Cedwyn Scott, Kyle Gourlay etc, but they'll largely be youth that complement the squad at this stage. Included Ferrie though as he's now pretty much our number 2 keeper until the point we sign someone else - And even then, most squads operate with 3 anyways. Still a few players I'd like to see off our books in El Bakh, Wolters & Vincent. Then it comes down to whether we can hang onto the likes of Caulker and Kamara. And finally, whether McCann tries to offload 1 of Moussa or Haber (Haber being the more likely).

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Included Ferrie though as he's now pretty much our number 2 keeper until the point we sign someone else.

I don't think Ferrie will be number 2, I think it's more likely to be Gourlay he's had more first team experience out on loan than Ferrie's sub appearance and start with us.

He's spent the last eighteen months out on loan firstly with Clyde then Airdrie then Clyde again and had something like 15 starts in that time. So he's been actively battling for a starting spot rather than getting lucky and thrown into the deep end.

Edit: Plus before he went on loan it was him rather than Ferrie on the bench.

Edited by dburns

11 minutes ago, dburns said:

I don't think Ferrie will be number 2, I think it's more likely to be Gourlay he's had more first team experience out on loan than Ferrie's sub appearance and start with us.

He's spent the last eighteen months out on loan firstly with Clyde then Airdrie then Clyde again and had something like 15 starts in that time. So he's been actively battling for a starting spot rather than getting lucky and thrown into the deep end.

Edit: Plus before he went on loan it was him rather than Ferrie on the bench.

When both Gourlay and Ferrie have been at the club - Ferrie has featured ahead of Gourlay for the U20's and made the bench ahead of Gourlay (And indeed Malherbe). Gourlay only managed to make 3 first team appearances for Clyde in League 2 in the last 6 months. I rate Gourlay, but I think Ferrie is ahead in the pecking order - for now.

ETA: Hope that's not came across as argumentative - I think we can both agree that we've got two very good prospects on our hand and we'd be in a good spot if either makes it!

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'll start my Premiership Squad List thread as we get into June, but thought I'd post our current squad for Dee's to have a look at as there's a few forgotten players in our squad!

Goalkeepers

#12: Elliott Parish (27) - May 2019

#38: Calum Ferrie (19) - May 2019

Defenders

#2 Cammy Kerr (22) - May 2019

#4: Steven Caulker (26) - May 2019

#5: Genseric Kusunga (30) - May 2019

#21: Darren O'Dea (31) - May 2019

#24: Josh Meekings (25) - May 2020

#34: Kerr Waddell (19) - May 2019

Midfielders

#: James Vincent (28) - May 2019

#8: Glen Kamara (22) - May 2019

#18: Paul McGowan (30) - May 2019

#21: Roarie Deacon (26) - May 2019

#23: Randy Wolters (28) - May 2019

#27: Jesse Curran (22) - May 2018

#28: Lewis Spence (22) - May 2020

#: Karl Madianga (24) - May 2019 (Option of a further year)

#: Elton Ngwatala (25) - May 2020

Strikers

#9: Sofien Moussa (30) - May 2019

#20: Faissal El Bakhtaoui (25) - May 2019

#21: Marcus Haber (29) - May 2019

#33: Craig Wighton (20) - May 2019

Ages as of 31/05/18.

Could have included the likes of Cedwyn Scott, Kyle Gourlay etc, but they'll largely be youth that complement the squad at this stage. Included Ferrie though as he's now pretty much our number 2 keeper until the point we sign someone else - And even then, most squads operate with 3 anyways. Still a few players I'd like to see off our books in El Bakh, Wolters & Vincent. Then it comes down to whether we can hang onto the likes of Caulker and Kamara. And finally, whether McCann tries to offload 1 of Moussa or Haber (Haber being the more likely).

That’s a pretty decent starting position. Massive improvement on this time last season. 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

When both Gourlay and Ferrie have been at the club - Ferrie has featured ahead of Gourlay for the U20's and made the bench ahead of Gourlay (And indeed Malherbe). Gourlay only managed to make 3 first team appearances for Clyde in League 2 in the last 6 months. I rate Gourlay, but I think Ferrie is ahead in the pecking order - for now.

ETA: Hope that's not came across as argumentative - I think we can both agree that we've got two very good prospects on our hand and we'd be in a good spot if either makes it!

I don't know if it comes into consideration but if Gourlay did play for us after his first loan spell - does that mean he couldn't play for another side? It could be that we were trying to organise a good loan for him with Ferrie sticking around but it went wrong in some way so he got his last-minute move to Clyde (who didn't really need a 'keeper).

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

I don't know if it comes into consideration but if Gourlay did play for us after his first loan spell - does that mean he couldn't play for another side? It could be that we were trying to organise a good loan for him with Ferrie sticking around but it went wrong in some way so he got his last-minute move to Clyde (who didn't really need a 'keeper).

Potentially - But Gourlay still could have been deployed in the U20's ahead of Ferrie in his 5 month wait for a loan, but he was usually either not in the squad if Malherbe was playing (Ferrie on the bench) or on the bench when Ferrie was playing.

I'd quite like to see both Gourlay and Ferrie out on loan getting first team football next season if at all possible.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Potentially - But Gourlay still could have been deployed in the U20's ahead of Ferrie in his 5 month wait for a loan, but he was usually either not in the squad if Malherbe was playing (Ferrie on the bench) or on the bench when Ferrie was playing.

I'd quite like to see both Gourlay and Ferrie out on loan getting first team football next season if at all possible.

If you look at the fixtures up until the point that Gourlay went on loan to Airdrie, they pretty much played the exact same number of games and it looks like they would be given a turn each with it almost being a one in, one out scenario every week until Bain is parachuted in and Gourlay departs. Even then, it's only something like one occasion where Ferrie takes consecutive games over Gourlay.

My instinct on it tbh is that there wasn't any real interest in Ferrie so it was decided that he'd be retained while Gourlay would take the opportunity for the emergency loans and we'd make sure he wasn't tied up. I think Ferrie has done brilliantly and staked a claim but I still think it's up for debate how McCann will view them both.

It would be nice to see them both get actual secure season-long loans somewhere. I would kind of like if we could just go the youngish coach route so we've got the emergency third choice in that way if needed. It has to be better playing proper football than the 20s. Quite disappointed we never sorted out anything proper for Gourlay after his initial spell at Clyde.

The media has so far linked us with:

Billy O'Brien

Jack Hamilton

Callum Booth

Macauley Bonne

Simon Murray

Michael Gardyne (No longer an option)

Scott Fraser

They've yet to get a single one correct.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The media has so far linked us with:

Billy O'Brien

Jack Hamilton

Callum Booth

Macauley Bonne

Simon Murray

Michael Gardyne (No longer an option)

Scott Fraser

They've yet to get a single one correct.

I do believe that there's legs in this Hamilton story. I heard it from someone on his side a wee while ago so I do think there's something there maybe.

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I do believe that there's legs in this Hamilton story. I heard it from someone on his side a wee while ago so I do think there's something there maybe.

I'd be shocked if it happens. Hearts are already likely to lose their first choice keeper, Hamilton was highly thought of and they could demand a fairly decent fee.

Never been impressed by Hamilton, always felt he was worth a goal or two. Really surprised he got as many U21 caps as he did but Scotland seem a bit weird that way, in that they keep picking certain folk regardless of form. Bad move by Dundee imo.

Edited by tree house tam

Well played mate.

My connection to Dundee is that I was student at the uni 2008 - 2009.

I watched United first but found it too ‘family friendly’ for me (shit atmosphere Tbf).

I went to Dens after and thought - this is proper. This was when Antoine- Curier was up front. Went to a fair few games that season.

Been following ever since.

I keep thinking we might go in for a loan move for Jesse Curran - seems to be a bit of a fringe player at Dens, played pretty well against us last season which seems to have been the basis for certain previous transfer targets (99% sure there were comments to the effect that Archibald signed John Baird on the back of finding him tough to play against when he was still a player, although there's every chance I've got that totally wrong), got a nice and direct running style that should be useful in the championship.

Any chance of it happening?