All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

How on earth do you guys hate Vincent? He continually impresses me and was a stand out yesterday, winning tackles and up scoring a rebound off the bar from Fez's effort. Great engine on him.

Did he not just fit into the system, or maybe just wrong club or something?

Injuries have taken his toll on him and he's simply just not a top flight player. He works hard enough but against top flight opposition, he generally gets blown over by a strong wind and he isn't effective enough in other ways to make up for it.

I can see why he did well at Inverness as but I don't think it was anything to do with the club he was at or the role he was playing. He had serious injury problems well before he arrived here with missing comfortably more than half of games since he'd arrived in Scotland. When he did show signs of settling in, we'd play a midweek game and he'd be clearly unfit or he'd simply break down again.

I was a big supporter of him and defended him more than most but there's just no way I can see him ever being good enough at this level again. No disrespect intended (and I appreciate the irony considering our humping last week) but I think midfielders playing those sorts of roles are where the gulf in league quality can be seen the most.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Tam was referring to the 1st round proper. Not so sure the wee Saintees have reached that yet....

That's because in the past decade Scottish clubs have had to go through numerous rounds to reach the "First round proper", instead of the old fashioned way of one qualifying game. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's because in the past decade Scottish clubs have had to go through numerous rounds to reach the "First round proper", instead of the old fashioned way of one qualifying game. 

Ahh is that what it was. I thought it was just because the wee Saintees are pish. 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Ahh is that what it was. I thought it was just because the wee Saintees are pish. 

Being called pish doesn't really hurt when it's coming from a Dundee fan, how many years is it since you've finished above us now? 

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 hours ago, locheedee said:

Meh, never claimed it was clever but I've never seen you post a single positive comment about the team, board or manager(s). So much so, I'd say you're either a DAB troll, need some help dealing with your issues or you just maybe need to 'support' a different team...

I'm not being a happy clapper either, coz yeah I'd have rather we pumped Brechin and our strikers were on fire - but as others have already said we dominated the game, scored 2 against a team determined not to get thumped again and qualified.

Great reply, managing to squeeze in two of the usual pish comebacks, must be a DAB troll, and away support another team.

I can assume  that you can recall every post Ive made regarding my team on here then? Show me one comment negative comment Ive made regarding the board? Ive praised plenty of our players, but only when they have deserved it. Our last two managers havent deserved any praise for at least two seasons, Hartley started well, but should have been sacked a year earlier than he was, McCann as a stop gap was OK, but he should never have been appointed as the permanent manager, has been a failure IMO.

If we play well and beat St Mirren, I will give credit where its due, not simply because I think everything is super rosey and feel I need to talk up everything about my club. Thats not support, its abject nonsense.

Edited by srw

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Being called pish doesn't really hurt when it's coming from a Dundee fan, how many years is it since you've finished above us now? 

Financial problems took its toll, normal service will resume from this season onwards. 

You are aware our country’s co-efficience has dropped to an all time low because how badly the Saintees performed when replacing team’s because of their financial issues. 

Good to see the 4 teams representing our country’s league this week have gone somewhere to repairing the damage your club has done. Saintees won’t ever be back in a Europa League qualifying fixture again.  

Edited by Yenitit

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Financial problems took its toll, normal service will resume from this season onwards. 

You are aware our country’s co-efficience has dropped to an all time low because how badly the Saintees performed when replacing team because of their financial issues. 

Good to see the 4 teams representing our country’s league this week have gone somewhere to repairing the damage your club has done. Saintees won’t ever be back in a Europa League qualifying fixture again.  

:lol: what a lot of shite spouted to avoid admitting how long Dundee have failed to finish above "pishy wee Saints" 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

:lol: what a lot of shite spouted to avoid admitting how long Dundee have failed to finish above "pishy wee Saints" 

Brilliant :lol: No, administration twice had nothing to do with it  :lol:

I presume you agree that because how badly the wee Saintees performed in the qualifying rounds it fucked our co-efficiency?

Edited by Yenitit

9 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Why are you on our thread so much ?
Genuine question

Seem reason so many folk visit the zoo, m8. 

Worth mentioning the European competition Dundee last qualified for ceased to exist almost a decade ago. 

It's worse than that regular poster on here!
We have qualified for :
the European Champions Cup - gone, albeit it looks like the same trophy;
the Cup Winners Cup - gone completely;
the Fairs Cup- gone but then morphed into
the UEFA Cup - also morphed Ito something else!

Mind you we also qualified for the Dewar Shield and The Forfarshire Cup which seem to have morphed into oblivion.

Cheers