All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Tbf even with the bloated squad we had last year we didn't really have anyone on the bench that could turn a game either...

I get your point and agree but at least we had bodies. Usually there was El Bak and one of Murray, Moussa or AJLS.

Now we've got 2 strikers and an attacking mid from the under 20s and a bunch of defenders. 

We need new players in before St Mirren.

It's mad that last season we had far too many players and now the squad's clearly too thin. There's no-one on that bench there that could turn a game.

People can really be asking if haber or el bak could have been that difference

I’ve just bought a season ticket for the first time since the ‘incident’ and have discovered the c***s have turned the GA Arena car park into an ‘official’ car park and you need to be ‘on the list’. Fucking crazy, who is on the list ffs?

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I get your point and agree but at least we had bodies. Usually there was El Bak and one of Murray, Moussa or AJLS.

Now we've got 2 strikers and an attacking mid from the under 20s and a bunch of defenders. 

We need new players in before St Mirren.

Yeah I was taking the piss a bit, we did technically have players who should have been able to make a difference (El Bak, Moose etc) but for whatever reason they rarely did.

I'm actually hoping we'll see Lambert and Scott at some point but I'd be much happier seeing us bringing the youngsters in for these matches if it was through choice rather than coz we've no one else fit

+

Totally agree we need a few quality signings before St Mirren tho!

I actually think Ralph would be better suited to playing as a wing back in a 3-5-2 going by his YouTube clip and the comments about him when he signed.
Not got anything more to base it on but he looks more comfortable going forward and getting crosses in on his video than he did the other night playing as part of a back 4
i know this is all theory really and im not adverse to him getting further chances to impress. you might be right and if he us effective at LWB we wont beed any further cover as we will have ralph, cammy, deacon and curran.

Well we're definitely through by my reckoning. Currently 4 teams on 9 points, only the County v's Alloa match which is in progress, and Hearts v's Caley to play. Hearts, and Caley could both end up on 9 points, but if that happens then Caley would finish with a poorer goal diff than us.

Partick the most vulnerable of the 2nd place teams with 9 points anyway. If Hearts win tomorrow but Caley manage to keep the score down to one or two, they's bump Partick for the final spot, not us.

Edited by Boo Khaki

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Another clean sheet. Parish 2/2
A win.

Curran was excellent

Curran was excellent. Kerr is going to have to stay at LB or find another position going by Jesse's last two performances. 3 decent pops at goal for a right back is not bad. It looks like he's been encouraged to do it, either that or he's not shy to have a dig. 

Ngwatala and Madianga are going to be the fucking boys for us this season. 

Curran was excellent. Kerr is going to have to stay at LB or find another position going by Jesse's last two performances. 3 decent pops at goal for a right back is not bad. It looks like he's been encouraged to do it, either that or he's not shy to have a dig. 
sounds really positive. how was kerr at LB?

Euan Spark was so desperate to be relevant enough to get booed. Shouting at the Bobby Cox to f**k off when their player was injured and tried to get back on for a corner, and pulling at Cammy Kerr when he was running back from their box in the second half. Utter diddy :lol:

I'd give Kharl our MOTM, boy looks like an absolute beast. Special mention to Curran, Spence and Elton who all had deserve a mention as well. Glen will inevitably come back into the side when he's fit but anyone in that midfield can justify being pissed at getting dropped if they're putting on showings like that.

The game was basically a training match with Brechin creating hardly anything of note and it just being a question of how many we would score, with it speaking volumes that their goalkeeper got the official MOTM.

Bring on St Mirren next week. Fucking buzzing for it.

Mendy was much better today I thought. Did the basics of retaining the ball much much better than he had before and seems to be finding his area of the pitch. Had some really good runs that were not picked up on but think the results will begin to come for him.

I think there's a lot of creativity in this team and with a bit of practice, they can potentially be a really good side. Just praying that they can counter the dirty stuff when we play the likes of Hamilton and Livi.

I think McCann has done the right thing with his squad this year with adding depth a bit later as it's given him a chance to see how everyone looks before prioritising spending. Good quality left back to compete with Ralph and another physical forward will have me happy enough. Greg Stewart would also be teckle as f**k but probably unlikely.

27 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
31 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

sounds really positive. how was kerr at LB?

I like Kerr but he’s never a leftback and being ‘hung out to dry’ there. 

Still the same problems  as last season which are the need for 2 strikers and an out and out winger. 

Madianga’s been the best player on show so far. 

Bring Greg home. 

Edited by Yenitit