All things Dundee FC

39 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hope you turn out to be right.

We've not really done well at LB over the years. The last genuine quality LB we had was Lockwood? Unfortunately he was on his way down by the time we signed him though. Before that? Beghetto/Marrocco? We've had some amount of duds at LB.

He was trying even under pressure to move forward and although possession is obviously important he was still making positive passes. He was caught out but even then his pace and desire to get back was noted I felt.

The squad the last two years seemed fearful of moving forward and it was good to see him trying even though he let hippo through with that terrible pass.

I think he will come good and I reckon he will save our bacon in the coming season. If by the Christmas break you aren't convinced I'll owe you pint.

1 hour ago, srw said:

Only complete idiots rate Moussa. In reality he is absolutely awful, I dont even think he is Championship standard.

If I may, if you compare him to Dylan Mackin, who Falkirk paid a fee for to be the "target man" in a Championship side, then Moussa is better. 

Your issue is hes not a goal scorer. I reckon you'd like him a lot more if he was a third choice one who came on late in games to bully c***s. 

The good thing about being a Dundee fan is none of us can remember the glory year. We have no expectation of success. I’ve hope of course, but not very much. The odd sticking it right up the Arabs or Tommy the Grass almost satisfies me.

The good thing about being a Dundee fan is none of us can remember the glory year. We have no expectation of success. I’ve hope of course, but not very much. The odd sticking it right up the Arabs or Tommy the Grass almost satisfies me.
having veen born in 1987 its not been the best period for the dees which makes small victories like an extend spell in the top flight all the sweeter. the pinacle for me was the 2003 cup final. would love a good cup run

I was literally the only Dundee fan in my primary school class. Being born, erm, sometime before the 1980s started, I spent all of my formative years with us being in "their" shadow.  Spent years enduring their successful period and getting all the shite that went with it. Would so love a cup win and another few years at least being in the division above them. Would make all that crap worthwhile. 

Definitely need al least one goal-scoring striker, full back cover and midfield creativity, mind...

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hope you turn out to be right.

We've not really done well at LB over the years. The last genuine quality LB we had was Lockwood? Unfortunately he was on his way down by the time we signed him though. Before that? Beghetto/Marrocco? We've had some amount of duds at LB.

Dusan Vrto or Jonay Hernandez?

31 minutes ago, Nutbutt said:

Dusan Vrto or Jonay Hernandez?

Both good LB's. Vrto was mid 90s. I didn't rate Hernandez much at the time but now I'd kill for his ilk. 

40 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Tosher. Brilliant. We’ve actually had a lot of inspirational left backs.

Take Lockwood out of the equation, our last good one was more than 15 year ago! The fact we are speaking about LB's from the 90s highlights this. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Take Lockwood out of the equation, our last good one was more than 15 year ago! The fact we are speaking about LB's from the 90s highlights this. 

That's just what I was thinking + even Lockwood left 4 years ago...

See Partick have got the guy Melbourne on loan from WBA that was with County last season. I know County were pish but he was one player who I thought might have been worth going after from the little I saw of him.

Hopefully one of the players McCann is chasing is a decent LB coz he must realise we need more cover than Cammy

5 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

He won't come back to us, he fell out with a few fans at the Peterhead game a few seasons ago so can't see him coming back 

Just spotted a St Mirren fan saying on the Fermers thread that they are rumoured to be after Stewart...

I know I said he'd not come back but I'd be gutted if he ended up in Paisley :(

Just spotted a St Mirren fan saying on the Fermers thread that they are rumoured to be after Stewart...
I know I said he'd not come back but I'd be gutted if he ended up in Paisley [emoji20]
i really cant see that happening. he was hardly on fire for aberdeen last season but surely he would still be able to vommand a wage above what st mirren can afford. unless they recieve a windfall from hibs for John Mcginn. even then i think its a long shot for them to spunk a chunk of it on a loam player.

more chance he will come back to us and i cant see that either

7 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

I was literally the only Dundee fan in my primary school class. Being born, erm, sometime before the 1980s started, I spent all of my formative years with us being in "their" shadow.  Spent years enduring their successful period and getting all the shite that went with it. Would so love a cup win and another few years at least being in the division above them. Would make all that crap worthwhile. 

Definitely need al least one goal-scoring striker, full back cover and midfield creativity, mind...

Ditto. The tide has now turned but we've not really been good enough ourselves the last 2 seasons to really rub it in there faces, top 6 consistently and a cup win then we really could.

8 hours ago, The Derry Steps said:

Also is CanadianDee actually Marcus Haber?  

No such luck Derry Steps as I've never had the honour of donning the Darkblue of Dundee. I'm just a humble Scotsman that spent ten years of his youth in Canada (collecting dual citizenship in the process) although I must say that has absolutely NOT influenced my feelings on this matter.

I just happen to be a Dundonian that has Dee blood going back to my Great Great Gramps whom attended his first game sometime in the first decade of the 20th century, and my dear old Gramps who only recently departed for the High Stand in the last few years who attended his first game in 1931. We're a lucky family in that we have been relatively untainted by Arab or Old Firm black sheep infiltrating our ranks.

I'm simply a regular lad, but I have been blessed with the power of sight that enables me to see what is happening when I watch Dundee play, and my eagle eyes have told me that Sofien Moussa is a bumbling, stumbling, twa left footed, injury prone lump that tries really hard. Marcus Haber is a posing clown off the pitch that doesn't run around like a chicken with his head cut off whilst on the pitch, but he is however better at football in every aspect than that of the moose. Unless we're playing Cowden or Stirling then we can roll out Sofien.

We can even pretend that Haber doesn't even exist and when we do that it doesn't make Moussa any better. All I can say is what I've already said and that is that I hope NM has something up his sleeve because if we're to rely on playing with a big lump up front and that big lump is named Moussa we're screwed. Mendy better get used to trying to make something out of nothing, and if that doesn't work we're going to have a plan where Elton and Madianga (whom for the record I think have great potential) are just going to have to have to shoot on sight of goal. That will literally be the plan if NM doesn't get 2 more strikers in here like pronto.

And while we're at it if we roll up to Paisley for our league opener with Cammy trying to play LB I may weep openly as it's not fair to him or us. So get another LB in here Sir Neil!