All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So how many do we need to beat them by or what's the script?

If we win by a single goal against Brechin, Airdrie would need to beat Hamilton and St Mirren win by 7 goals for us to go out. So basically a win will pretty much guarantee us success by my reckoning. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Never in doubt. Batter Brechin now please. 

My fear is after a randy rogering from Dunfermline they will sit ten behind the ball.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

So how many do we need to beat them by or what's the script?

As many as possible. It's only the best four runners up. If anyone needs to go on a goal fest it is us.

Edited by Crawford
Fear not dear. That is a very different sentence.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

My fear is after a randy rogering from Dunfermline they will sit ten behind the ball.

By all accounts that was Brechin playing defensively. They tried to "contain" Championship teams all last season and it seems like Dods hasn't learned anything. You'll win by at least three, even if your strikers have an off day. 

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

If we win by a single goal against Brechin, Airdrie would need to beat Hamilton and St Mirren win by 7 goals for us to go out. So basically a win will pretty much guarantee us success by my reckoning. 

Boy I know reckons we need to win by 3 to guarantee us going through without needing help from others. 

I'll be fucked if I'm sitting working it out. I pine for the days when you didn't need to be a Bachelor of Mathematics to understand football. 

We need to just beat hamilton? Or do we need certain number of goals? Can’t see us beating them tbh but stranger things have happened. Like Annan beating them!

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Boy I know reckons we need to win by 3 to guarantee us going through without needing help from others. 

I'll be fucked if I'm sitting working it out. I pine for the days when you didn't need to be a Bachelor of Mathematics to understand football. 

https://www.flashscore.com/football/scotland/betfred-cup/standings/

Shows you the rankings of second placed teams

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I think your mates right.

Groups A-C runner up can't finish higher than Dundee if you win last game. Out of other 4 groups you're up against, QOS have finished all their games with 9 points and +7 goals. If Motherwell win last game and finish above Queens, you just need to better QOS record.

So a win of 3 goals would 100% guarantee qualification, but in reality any win will probably be enough.