All things Dundee FC

54 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:

No knicker wetting tam. Our expectations are understandably far greater than yours.

Obviously, with the millions* in your budget each year getting spunked on beach footballers, kebab sellers and the like, you'll need a return sometime.

*courtesy of Random.

Obviously, with the millions* in your budget each year getting spunked on beach footballers, kebab sellers and the like, you'll need a return sometime.

*courtesy of Random.
Our expectations are not about budget tam... when will you learn.
We are the famous dark blues .. it's all about status

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I am definitely not a boo boy but it’s a big season for NM. He takes all the credit this season if we show some improvement but he needs to take it right on the chin if it all goes Pete Tong.

Here here. A large number out and new faces in all under his watch. This is his season. Can't blame players from an old regime. Not that he has in fairness.

I'll be in full knicker-wetting mode if we don't qualify from the group stages. A cup run is well needed for a bit of good feeling amongst the place, especially when the early signs are that we're going to be subjected to the same level of pish as last season. 

30 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Results are looking brutal for us so far. 

2 wins over the 90 minutes and we go through. 

We’d finish above Group B, C, F &  H. Partick,  Ross County and Hamilton win their remaining games and we’d finish above those as well. Have to win tho. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Is that mathematically official? I've just glanced at the tables there and thought it didn't look good.

If Dunfermline lose any of their games, we just need 2 wins in 90 mins. If they win both their games, then we need to win the games by big margins.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If Dunfermline lose any of their games, we just need 2 wins in 90 mins. If they win both their games, then we need to win the games by big margins.

I don't think Dunfermline will drop points against Brechin and Stirling. Certainly can't see them losing either of them.

The Brechin game should be fine but Peterhead away tomorrow gives me the fear.

15 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Is that mathematically official? I've just glanced at the tables there and thought it didn't look good.

Montrose would have to win by 5 away to Forfar in Group B, if they did we need to win with a +3 goal difference over the 2 games. 

We’ll finish ahead of Group C runners up because Hearts play Inverness. 

Airdrie would have to win away to Accies by 2 or 3 to put us under pressure in Group F. 

St Mirren would have to win by 6 at home to Dumbarton to put us under pressure. 

Ross County and Partick win their games and we finish above those groups as well. 

Not that I’m worried and I’ve checked :o Its not like Dundee FC ever let us down :lol:

Edited by Yenitit

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Montrose would have to win by 5 away to Forfar in Group B, if they did we need to win with a +3 goal difference over the 2 games. 

We’ll finish ahead of Group C runners up because Hearts play Inverness. 

Airdrie would have to win away to Accies by 2 or 3 to put us under pressure in Group F. 

St Mirren would have to win by 6 at home to Dumbarton to put us under pressure. 

Ross County and Partick win their games and we finish above those groups as well. 

Not that I’m worried and I’ve checked :o Its not like Dundee FC ever let us down :lol:

Some boy for working that out. Cheers!

The official preview for tomorrow lists the previous meetings and says that we won a friendly match in 1992 9-1, with one of our goals being scored by someone called "Tannock". This doesn't ring any bells at all, don't remember anyone with that name playing for us, and a quick google didn't help. All I can think of is: a trialist, a youth player who never made the first team, an own goal without the "og" on the match report or dementia on my part. 

Any other ideas???

2 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

The official preview for tomorrow lists the previous meetings and says that we won a friendly match in 1992 9-1, with one of our goals being scored by someone called "Tannock". This doesn't ring any bells at all, don't remember anyone with that name playing for us, and a quick google didn't help. All I can think of is: a trialist, a youth player who never made the first team, an own goal without the "og" on the match report or dementia on my part. 

Any other ideas???

That was Gordon Tannock, played right back. Would’ve had a very good career in the game if it wasn’t for a horrendous dislocated kneecap injury when he was 18 playing in a reserve game. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

That was Gordon Tannock, played right back. Would’ve had a very good career in the game if it wasn’t for a horrendous dislocated kneecap injury when he was 18 playing in a reserve game. 

Thanks for that. Sadly, I never knew about him. 

Any other ideas???

Was he not billed as the ‘new Jim Duffy’?

Saw him play 1 game, was overcome by nerves and subbed before half time.

Hamilton has played 2 competitive games for us And already people are getting on his back,fucking shitebags,Piss off and support Utd ya greeting faced turds.
Why was Parish dropped in the first place?

I'm not his biggest fan but you don't f**k about with the defence (including the goalkeeper) unless there's a genuinely weak performance.

Total nonsense from McCann - and not for the first time

This tombola formation/tactics shite needs to stop.

Why was Parish dropped in the first place?

I'm not his biggest fan but you don't f**k about with the defence (including the goalkeeper) unless there's a genuinely weak performance.

Total nonsense from McCann - and not for the first time

This tombola formation/tactics shite needs to stop.
whilst i fo agree with what you are saying i also find McCann's approach slightly refreshing. theres no sentiment wih him. if he doesnt think you are good enough you dont play. that seems to be the case with parish, haber and spanish jon last season.

whether he is right or wrong at leat he is willing to make these decisions