All things Dundee FC

I'm about to predict how each of our signings will turn out based on my very limited viewings of them. It's meant slightly tongue in cheek as I'm gonna make some wild predictions based on very little, but the point of this is that fans often have their pusses shut after judging on just a few initial viewings (The likes of Hemmings and Stewart being prime examples with Monti the other way). I'll bookmark this post and review it come January/end of the season.

So here goes:

Hamilton - Not the worst keeper we've ever had. No better than Parish. I wasn't overjoyed we'd spent money on him, but was pleased we brought him in. Don't think he'll shake up any trees, he looks a good shot stopper, but has a woeful lack of command for his area. Distribution seems a bit shakier than Parish's as well.

Ralph - Extremely worried by what I've saw. Woking fans weren't exactly glowing in praise. Said he done a disappearing act then started playing when it was known other teams were interested. They said they'd be surprised if he manages the 'step-up' (The ones that thought it was a step-up! :lol:). Lot of people may be dreaming of Kevin Holt. I predict even if he comes good - He's an early contender for boo boy favourite.

Ngtwala - Classy player, has been caught on the ball a few times. Looks to have a decent end product, but needs to get up to speed. Can see him being important for us and this time next year he might be the one we're dreading a team come in for.

Madianga - Can see him topping our disciplinary charts based on the way he plays. Likes a diving lunge. He's not gonna be the man to replace Kamara though and in an already lightweight midfield with McGowan and Kamara, I don't see him being our enforcer or being able to work alongside them both. Good player though.

Mendy - Gonna become a bit of a cult hero OR be hung out to dry. There will be no middle ground. Will score a good few goals for us if he gets a man to do the link-up beside him. We'll have to tolerate games where it just isn't gonna go his way. Bit of a poacher. Will be remembered in years to come for his poachers instinct or his pineapple hairdo.

Edited by Ludo*1

Hi lads, I enjoy recording podcasts with football players and I recorded one with erstwhile Dundee forward Sean Higgins.

This is part two of the interview but he talks at length about his two years at the club, including Calum Melville, Leigh Griffiths, Jocky Scott, the administration, points deduction and the "Deefiant" side of 2010/11.

All thoughts and feedback welcome. Leave an online comment.

CLICK

Edited by Francesc Fabregas
Forgot to post the bloody link! What an a**hole!

54 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Pretty mental how fans go on about me being negative yet the boos and worrys are already out before the season has started.

You just take things too personally bud.

It's not that we think you're negative, it's just your terrible opinions we take issue with.

Please note - this post may not be serious.

3 minutes ago, Ylf said:

I suggested Sammon weeks ago but nobody seemed to want him. I think he’s decent

Yeah, I have to admit I thought he was finished after his last few seasons, but looks like he might do a job for Motherwell...

Here's hoping Haber plays a blinder tonight and gives us another option up top coz he's imho a better player than Sammon when he wants to be!

Yeah, I have to admit I thought he was finished after his last few seasons, but looks like he might do a job for Motherwell...
Here's hoping Haber plays a blinder tonight and gives us another option up top coz he's imho a better player than Sammon when he wants to be!

If haber gets a chance he should just get the nut down and work his arse off. If he wants to stay or go he’s got to get his finger out. We need a striker [emoji849]

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

There seems to be a bit of an imbalance in the team with surnames beginning with M.

Bias from McCann IMO.

Well spotted, we need to balance it up with some "W"s- Bain, John Brown, Paul Dixon and Craig Burley could all make a return, 4 right wankers!