All things Dundee FC

31 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

But we need to be signing proven quality goal scorers...

Big uche averages nearly 1 in 4 in league 2 in England.

I’m sure if someone with that record was signed by Dundee this week, excitement levels wouldn’t exactly be soaring. The narrative from some this summer would continue.

Proven quality costs and we clearly can't afford it. By no means saying he is the answer but it was like a trigger watching the sharp finish.

A proven scorer? Fantastic. But currently we have forwards close to averaging 0 in 4 never mind 1 in 4

2 hours ago, harry94 said:
3 hours ago, Den Spark said:
Maybe you're thinking of Ian Smith, who we got from Hearts. Was on first team bench at least once but released in January.

Nah it was John I'm thinking of. Don't think he has played in any of the friendlies so far and certainly not been with the first team. Noticed a few players have went without an announcement.

Now that you mention it, I think we did have a John Smith on the bench in one of the Dev Lg games at Montrose. Sure he must be one of the younger age group. No idea if he's still with us or not.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:
2 years on the bounce we’ve had the best possible draw in this round of the cup. 
Its coming home. 

Oh this post could be a keeper...

He was definitely being 100% serious IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

2 years on the bounce we’ve had the best possible draw in this round of the cup. 

Its coming home. 

I think you underestimate Ayr united quite significantly. It should be a good game. Quite enjoy a wee run to Dundee, will bring the wee man with me, have a wee wonder about :-) Neil Mccann will certainly have a bash. 

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

I think you underestimate Ayr united quite significantly. It should be a good game. Quite enjoy a wee run to Dundee, will bring the wee man with me, have a wee wonder about :-) Neil Mccann will certainly have a bash. 

Based on what? A promoted League One side, without disrespect, isn't as difficult a prospect as Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts. No-one thinks it'll be a walk in the park, but what on paper, would be an easier draw?

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Ian McCall will get his usual warm welcome I imagine. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Based on what? A promoted League One side, without disrespect, isn't as difficult a prospect as Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts. No-one thinks it'll be a walk in the park, but what on paper, would be an easier draw?

Partick. Lol

Which wouldn't be possible. 

I'm not being disrespectful either but I'd rather have a Premier league side that struggled for the best part last year than a Celtic, Rangers. 

End of it, should be an enjoyable game for both sides :-) 

Edited by Roxanne's man

12 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Never underestimate a team. Ayr was the draw we all wanted though, I’d imagine. 

3 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Will anyone remind him of exactly how many derbies he has won as a manager, do you think????

And also that he's not the tallest or slimmest of gentlemen.