All things Dundee FC

I keep reading on forums, twitter and facebook that Saturday was a blip, that the signs of progression are there, that all we need is a bit of luck, a striker who can finish, etc etc

When do people think that enough is enough, these exact same sentiments have lasted 12 months now, and theres no actual signs of anything improving. Unless we can get a striker we are absolutely fucked, I have no confidence  that McCann will sign a player who can score.

Bring back Hartely FFS.

It's pissing me off that we've still not addressed our key weak areas which are Lb and 2 further strikers. It's pissing me off that McCann's reasoning for it is that we are in no rush (We are - they'll need to gel and the season has already started). It's pissing me off that our argument is that we are potentially biding our time until the English transfer markets shut for 2 reasons. 1. We are not shopping in the same market as any EPL or Championship club. 2. If we are looking at loans, which is all good and well, we'll likely be in the exact same spot of bother this time next year since McCann clearly hasn't been able to identify someone over the past 12 months that's an improvement on Moussa. 

It's pissing me off that whoever we do sign will have massive pressure on them to deliver as our only contingency is Moussa and I can't bare another season of relying on him. 

I'm pissed off, basically. 

250k is Ayr's asking price tbf. They'd probably settle for 150k and a whole host of add ons (As much as Ayr fans would say otherwise). That said, that in itself is probably more than we are willing to pay. 
I think we've enquired, been given a price, backed off, and the papers have nothing else to write about so it's turning into a saga. 

How about £150k and Moussa?

15 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/cliff-joins/

another french lad.

eta correct position but sounds like one for the future as opposed to now. strange if thats the case as he only has a 1 year deal.

There should be some kind of rule in place to stop the club putting a picture of a guy holding up a strip if he's only signing for the development team. It's worse disappointment than a day with no posts at all.

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/cliff-joins/

another french lad.

eta correct position but sounds like one for the future as opposed to now. strange if thats the case as he only has a 1 year deal.

Heard he was apparently ripping it up in his trial games but wondered what had happened since we'd not heard anything about him.

The guy that told me about him being in on trial thought he was to go in the first team so he's maybe just not quite ready or his info was a bit off.

Heard he was apparently ripping it up in his trial games but wondered what had happened since we'd not heard anything about him.
The guy that told me about him being in on trial thought he was to go in the first team so he's maybe just not quite ready or his info was a bit off.
sounds promising. i also agree he will get his chance in the first team this season. hopefully matty h also gets his chance as i think he deserves it.

hopefully this isnt taken the wrong way, and im delighted we are signing players with an eye to the future, but an experienced goal scorer please Neil! perhaps dust down Cobra!

I'm hoping there's more to come anyway but there's no rumours going about so that's either good and we'll announce someone soon
or
we can't find anyone and it maybe is time to dust off the Cobra's boots and  give Cabby a call!
im sure there will be at least one more body in to play up top. if not i really hope we have recall options on el bak and haber. just incase things go tits up!

1 hour ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I think cliff might potentially be seen in the first team this season. Just got a feeling.

No idea who he is, and cannot find anything out about him. McCanns previous for players that have signed after trial is pretty impressive.

Yep, great post. Outstanding use of logic.

On doing a bit more digging. He’s from reunion island, aside from that there’s nothing online about him at all.

His Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are all very quiet but posted today a link to him signing with Dundee and from what I could gather from the dodgy translations he has said he’s signed for a team in the top division in Scotland and nothing more than that.

3 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

On doing a bit more digging. He’s from reunion island, aside from that there’s nothing online about him at all.

His Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are all very quiet but posted today a link to him signing with Dundee and from what I could gather from the dodgy translations he has said he’s signed for a team in the top division in Scotland and nothing more than that.

Fair play for doing the digging.

Might be he is a total unknown & that's why he is just going in the development squad.  Total guesswork obviously, based on nothing more than him not having a blurb online or a YouTube clip!

I'm hoping there's more to come anyway but there's no rumours going about so that's either good and we'll announce someone soon
or
we can't find anyone and it maybe is time to dust off the Cobra's boots and  give Cabby a call!

Doidge at Forest Green should be looked at. Could be the next ‘Moult type’ signing. I tweeted the club earlier.

6 minutes ago, Girth said:

Doidge at Forest Green should be looked at. Could be the next ‘Moult type’ signing. I tweeted the club earlier.

FGR are apparently looking for £750k for him. Link to The Sun here. He's been linked with Aberdeen, Sunderland and Bristol Rovers.

Edited by capt_oats