All things Dundee FC

The problem is if caulker and kamara are still Dundee players at 501pm tonight there will only be 2 clubs who I can see being interested in them and we all know they will state an interest and let the media drag it out for 2 weeks unsettling the players then bang 5 mins before our transfer window closes make their move and low ball us in the process....c***s 

I think we can all agree that Dundee should give Hibs Glen Kamara for 50k as a gesture of goodwill in this difficult time. The HiDee relationship will see us right.

Straight swap for Kamberi and you’ve got a deal.

You need a midfielder and we need a striker so seems a fair swap.

Not really, if Caulker wants to go to Rangers he's going and doubt we'll be able to stop him.
Nonsense. He has a year of his contract to run. And if the rumours are to be believed that he receives 50% of any transfer the fact that he would receive nothing if he sees out his contract . I believe we have all the cards.. wether we play them correctly remains to be seen.

The problem is if caulker and kamara are still Dundee players at 501pm tonight there will only be 2 clubs who I can see being interested in them and we all know they will state an interest and let the media drag it out for 2 weeks unsettling the players then bang 5 mins before our transfer window closes make their move and low ball us in the process....c***s 
Trabzonspor would still be able to sign him.

3 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:
1 hour ago, rhumbaclub said:
Not really, if Caulker wants to go to Rangers he's going and doubt we'll be able to stop him.

Nonsense. He has a year of his contract to run. And if the rumours are to be believed that he receives 50% of any transfer the fact that he would receive nothing if he sees out his contract . I believe we have all the cards.. wether we play them correctly remains to be seen.

so how exactly do we force him to sign for somebody else? we can except bids from anybody but it will be his decision at the end of the day.

so how exactly do we force him to sign for somebody else? we can except bids from anybody but it will be his decision at the end of the day.
Your on a different issue now.. that's my point. We force him NOT to sign for anyone and get a year more service from him .

The thing with Caulker too is that he really was genuinely unwell and he's come here to live with his aunty when he could have won a deal anywhere. That was only a few months ago and he may well be in a much better place but I imagine the stories we've heard recently will be with clubs who have thought about him and they'll be sceptical about spending money on a player with that sort of risk attached.

I could believe a few enquiries but I don't think any domestic teams would go further and Caulker pretty much indicated in the press that going abroad would not be a good thing for him.

On 07/08/2018 at 09:53, DigOutYourSoul said:

They've been clever in making this public IMO, everything they've done so far has been cleverly geared to getting as much money as possible without ruling out selling him. 

Generic statements of "remains our player" and "committed" mean nothing to me in football. 

Of course all those statements are drivel. McCann and Dundee were saying all the same shite about Hendry for 3 months after that piano key toothed Rodgers started turning Hendry's head up right until the last couple of days before he left, maybe even the last day in January.

Edited by CanadianDee

41 minutes ago, bobbycoxblue said:
47 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Your on a different issue now.. that's my point. We force him NOT to sign for anyone and get a year more service from him .

So if we get a bid from Rangers we turn it down, losing us and Caulker potentially 750k each? The he walks away for nothing at the end of his contract, we are running a business not a charity.

So if we get a bid from Rangers we turn it down, losing us and Caulker potentially 750k each? The he walks away for nothing at the end of his contract, we are running a business not a charity.

Fantasy that Rangers would offer £1.5 million.

This would more likely be the Rangers offer:

rowan-large-natural-mother-of-pearl-buttons-350-22329-p.jpg.4b4c10161df473a89180cb9194c1e8a8.jpg

On 05/08/2018 at 07:04, CanadianDee said:

I honestly cannae believe that I have to watch another season of that bumbling, stumbling, fumbling clown that is the Moose. Why is McCann doing this to me/us?? Why spend money on a keeper (it wasn't 100k, but there was a fee, nominal as it was) when it wasn't a position of urgency?? As soon as I found out we paid money for JackHam you knew Parish was f*cked, and Parish was better in the pre-season and league cup as well, but up until the blunder I didn't think JackHam was doing to badly, but my word, what a howler.

Now NM is in a dilemma because if he benches Jack then he crushes his confidence as he will have to sit with that disaster, but if he doesn't bench him after that then he has effectively killed off Parish as he will know that his Dee career is effectively over unless JackHam gets hurt.

I said somewhere up this thread that if Cammy was going to be forced into playing LB that it wouldn't be fair to him or the team or the supporters and that I would probably openly weep. Well the only part of what I said that isn't true is that I did not openly weep, and that's only because I was 6 tins in before kickoff and feeling quite festive surrounded by fellow Dees (and I'm not a drinker btw, but Moussa and NM have left me in this position).  Btw what does this all say about Ralph that he was fit enough to make the bench, but that a right footed guy who is awkward as f*ck at LB plays ahead of him???

The real question is if lager will be enough going forward or if I should just graduate straight to smack?

Moussa you seem like a nice guy, but GET OUT OF MY TEAM!

If Ralph isn't good enough then find someone who is, and we have to sign at least one striker, hopefully two this week. If they have to be loans then so be it, the English window closes this week so lets hope that NM is on that phone knowing that most of the teams down south should be looking to offload a few players before the deadline.

On 05/08/2018 at 07:26, SEETHING said:

Told you in particular that he was pish. greggy.png

Steven Maclean scored for Hearts yesterday by the way. greggy.png

Seems as though I have a new fan in this fella 'Steaming' from Embra. As you'll by my full text I've got bigger concerns than JackHam. I've already stated it's the moose that will send me over the edge if I have to watch another season of his garbage. Can I count on you when I need to get my hands on the smack after another few weeks of watching the Tunisian carthorse? I mean being from Edinburgh and all plus I just the feeling you know where to get the good stuff.

I could score a double against Accies by the way. And so could you probably. Moussa not so much.

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

2 hours to go, can't see Kamara or Caulker going down South at this rate. We'd have heard something by now, surely?

Think it’s unlikely that they will be going down to England anyway. Old firm still a possibility until our window shuts  and the Turkish window shuts when ours does.